shape
carat
color
clarity

More Personal time, game 3 USA!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Once again work has reared its hungry head and made me slave away while my team is playing, with everything on the line to win or lose. But no more!

I am offically throwing off the shackles of responsibility and leaving to turn on the Tivo before some well meaning soul ruins the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat that I will enjoy over the next two hours. I may fast forward during the half time, but I aim to treasure the pre game just to ramp up the angst.

See you later and wish me joy!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, and of course, I will be drinking a fine Belgian beer, Triple Karmeleit, alas only one, but I will make it last. At least one Belgian I know is rooting for my team, so I will root for his beer, the kick off is minutes away, in my world...

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy Moly! What a game. Another goal called back, this one of a very understandable nature, as a former referee, I know that being as little as three inches off of perfectly parallel can change the perspective of the player being on or off sides in a close call like that, but still if it had made the difference, what a heart breaker that could have been.

I have no voice left at all, but I will attempt to talk with anyone who calls... Hope they are football fans and don''t think me too daft screaming in an empty room and talking to my wife''s empty chair.

Wink

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
woooooo hoooooo!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 3:56:47 PM
Author: Wink
Holy Moly! What a game. Another goal called back, this one of a very understandable nature, as a former referee, I know that being as little as three inches off of perfectly parallel can change the perspective of the player being on or off sides in a close call like that, but still if it had made the difference, what a heart breaker that could have been.

I have no voice left at all, but I will attempt to talk with anyone who calls... Hope they are football fans and don''t think me too daft screaming in an empty room and talking to my wife''s empty chair.

Wink
bad bad call. if we didn''t score the goal in injury time, we would have been out
38.gif

I know the refs job is hard, but i haven''t seen one replay that showed it to be a valid call.

either way, i was also screaming! soo happy for our team, and our country! the brazilian side of my family refuses to talk to us until the games are over!! lol..

next game us vs ghana.. oh man, i''m scared!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/23/2010 4:29:04 PM
Author: elle_chris

Date: 6/23/2010 3:56:47 PM

Wink
bad bad call. if we didn''t score the goal in injury time, we would have been out
38.gif

I know the refs job is hard, but i haven''t seen one replay that showed it to be a valid call.

either way, i was also screaming! soo happy for our team, and our country! the brazilian side of my family refuses to talk to us until the games are over!! lol..

next game us vs ghana.. oh man, i''m scared!
E voce o sue esposo que e Brasileiro? Eu morrie la por tres anos.

Shame I did not learn to write the language as well as I speak it, what a wonderful place!

I think I would rather face Ghana than Germany. At least on Saturday I will not have to report myself to the boss when she gets home from work that I was playing hookey. Gotta love the boss, she waited until I called her as she know I would not be seeing it live and did not want to ruin anything for me.

Knowing of that goal in advance would definitly have ruined it!

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations to the US for qualifying.

Now, in the next matches, I hope that they do not screw up so many chances. If that pattern continues, further qualification will become difficult.

As for the called-back goal, the referee was Belgian, and is known to be one of the best worldwide. However, tv-footage was clear and the call was indeed incorrect. Belgian newspapers today (in the absence of our team, more interested in our referee) admit that it was an incorrect call, and hope that it does not ruin his chances of refereeing further matches.

Cheers,

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!

I''m supporting the US too. It''s such a bummer that another goal was considered invalid...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Wink- I don't speak Portuguese. My aunt tries teaching me the basics everytime she visits but i have no ear for languages. I will be putting more of an effort into it as the next world cup is being held in Brazil, and we're planning to go.

The whole of Africa is supporting Ghana. Lots of pressure on Ghana to perform. So while technically Ghana should be easier than Germany for us, I'm not so sure.

Paul- I agree. I was watching the game in spurts (worked from home), and I saw at least two perfectly good chances where we should have scored goals, and yet managed to screw up. We can not make these types of mistakes anymore. I will say that I thought the team played a much better defense in the first half than in previous games.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/24/2010 4:44:00 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

Now, in the next matches, I hope that they do not screw up so many chances. If that pattern continues, further qualification will become difficult.

As for the called-back goal, the referee was Belgian, and is known to be one of the best worldwide. However, TV-footage was clear and the call was indeed incorrect. Belgian newspapers today (in the absence of our team, more interested in our referee) admit that it was an incorrect call, and hope that it does not ruin his chances of refereeing further matches.

Cheers,
If it were easy there would be more people doing it well. At one of our referee clinics we did an interesting exercise. just past the middle of the field he placed a player exactly even with a player about ten yards further away from the linesman''s side of the field. There were three cones on the linesman''s side of the field. One exactly even with the two players. One about one foot on either side of the one exactly even.

ONE FOOT!

From the middle cone the attaching player appeared even with the defender, thus with the goalie (assumed to be in goal since this was an exercise) placing the attacker onside. Step to one side and the player was clearly onside, step to the other side and the player was clearly offside. The further apart the two players were the more exaggerated the apparent onside or offside position. (Also if you switch the two player''s position and the direction of the onside, offside call changed meaning that if the referee were behind the play by a foot placing the defender nearer the linesman would make the attacker appear onside, while placing the attacker nearer the referee would make the attacker appear offside.) It was an incredibly memorable excercise for me as it really drove home the importance of maintaining absolute equality of position with that next to the last defender. Much easier written than done!

With the position of the two players involved in the play yesterday and the speed at which the events happened, it is not at all hard for me to be in complete understanding of how hard it was to make that call correctly at full speed. Of course, being in understanding and not feeling robbed are two separate things.

Personally I thought your Belgian team of referees did an admirable job. Unlike the apparent personal malice showed by the other referee in the previous game. Some of his calls were inexplicable to me.

Wink

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 7:59:48 AM

Date: 6/24/2010 4:44:00 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

As for the called-back goal, the referee was Belgian, and is known to be one of the best worldwide. However, TV-footage was clear and the call was indeed incorrect. Belgian newspapers today (in the absence of our team, more interested in our referee) admit that it was an incorrect call, and hope that it does not ruin his chances of refereeing further matches.

Cheers,
If it were easy there would be more people doing it well. At one of our referee clinics we did an interesting exercise. just past the middle of the field he placed a player exactly even with a player about ten yards further away from the linesman''s side of the field. There were three cones on the linesman''s side of the field. One exactly even with the two players. One about one foot on either side of the one exactly even.

ONE FOOT!

From the middle cone the attaching player appeared even with the defender, thus with the goalie (assumed to be in goal since this was an exercise) placing the attacker onside. Step to one side and the player was clearly onside, step to the other side and the player was clearly offside. The further apart the two players were the more exaggerated the apparent onside or offside position. (Also if you switch the two player''s position and the direction of the onside, offside call changed meaning that if the referee were behind the play by a foot placing the defender nearer the linesman would make the attacker appear onside, while placing the attacker nearer the referee would make the attacker appear offside.) It was an incredibly memorable excercise for me as it really drove home the importance of maintaining absolute equality of position with that next to the last defender. Much easier written than done!

With the position of the two players involved in the play yesterday and the speed at which the events happened, it is not at all hard for me to be in complete understanding of how hard it was to make that call correctly at full speed. Of course, being in understanding and not feeling robbed are two separate things.

Personally I thought your Belgian team of referees did an admirable job. Unlike the apparent personal malice showed by the other referee in the previous game. Some of his calls were inexplicable to me.

Wink
What about how Kaka got carded (2nd yellow so he can''t play the next game) because Keita went down grabbing his face like a sack of s@!t after he got barely got elbowed in the CHEST. What a ridiculous call by the ref. But at least it didn''t cost them a goal. Unlike Coulibaly cost us.. grr

What is with the refs!???

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Having lived in Rio for three years I am a HUGE Brasil fan. I was embarrassed for the ref when he made a call when he did not see the foul without even discussing it with his lines or his fourth official. Or maybe he did through the headset and one of them told him what had happened when he did not correctly see it either.

In my opinion the player who took the dive should receive a yellow card against him after the game since the replay gave indisputable proof of malfeasance. I loved it the other day when the ref yellow carded a player for taking a dive in the box. I wish we saw more of that!

I hope that Brasil appealed that horrible card, and that if they did that the appeal will be granted, what a redicules call that was agains Kaka.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results