shape
carat
color
clarity

Some new stones....

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone, I have made a few purchases and thought I would show them to the group. You all may have guessed by now I have an earring obsession so here are some stones that will one day be set.

Amethyst 8mm a piece from gemfix.

p1.jpeg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
and another

p2.jpeg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
a parti colored sapphire from bespoke but not cut by Doug

p3.jpeg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
natural blue topaz octadome#12 matching set for earrings

p4.jpeg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
One last one of the topaz, don''t mind the cotton fibers from the gembox hehe.

p5.jpeg

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 3:33:10 PM
Author:Treenbean
Hello everyone, I have made a few purchases and thought I would show them to the group. You all may have guessed by now I have an earring obsession so here are some stones that will one day be set.

Amethyst 8mm a piece from gemfix.

Hi Treenbean! All the stones are gorgeous, and I love the variety of backgrounds you used in your pictures! So artistic!

What color is the sapphire? From your pics it looks like a pretty greenish blue. And I love the amethysts, which is funny because I don''t usually prefer amethysts. The saturation is so rich!

PS - How the heck did you get the amethysts to stand upright in the first picture?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pocadot
35.gif

Thanks for the comments. I am trying to get a collection of nice sized studs together. I like the amethyst a lot they are very bright in real life.
You are right about the sapphire it is half blue and half green I bought it because it looks like my fi eyes.
The amethysts are sitting on little candle stands from williamsburg Va. they are pewter and they were my Gram''s. Loose gems fit so nicely on them.
Thanks again...

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Very nice treen! I especially like the octodomes. And your photographic compositions are always super!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I love those topaz. Your photography is so artistic too.

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 5:26:10 PM
Author: Treenbean
Hi pocadot
35.gif

Thanks for the comments. I am trying to get a collection of nice sized studs together. I like the amethyst a lot they are very bright in real life.

You are right about the sapphire it is half blue and half green I bought it because it looks like my fi eyes.

The amethysts are sitting on little candle stands from williamsburg Va. they are pewter and they were my Gram''s. Loose gems fit so nicely on them.

Thanks again...

You''re very welcome Treenbean. Maybe I should get some photo tips from you, my pics look icky...
40.gif

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone

Vapid I love the octodomes too! I am getting a quote from Leon to set them (tell me if I am crazy) I just think they are beauties, maybe not rare, but the cut is stellar.

Kismet Thanks I try really hard to do nice photos. Next time I will clean the fuzz off better.

Pocadot It took me a while to figure out how to make a really decent macro photo. My camera lens was focusing on the background and ruining the shot. I cut a hole in a piece of printer paper and when the lens gets confused I shoot through it.

Thanks again everyone

The amethyst are going to be set by Daniel m on etsy, just like Yssie''s oec diamonds. Or are they omc''s?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I have long admired Doug''s octodome 12 cut - those will make gorgeous earrings!! What are the dimensions?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the "hand" holding the stones.
9.gif
I''m not a fan of topaz but the cutting on the pair is excellent. They will definitely stand out among other blue topazes.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
They are all pretty stones. I really like the cutting and the color on the blue topazes.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You take lovely photos, and the stones are gorgeous.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty stones!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone
Thanks for the nice comments

Cellen- the dimensions are 7mm x7mm x4mm

I have some ideas about how to set the octodomes but I''m not 100% yet.
I have a quote coming from Leon but he suggested halo-ing them and I don''t know if you would be able to see the octoness of them if they are halo-ed. Any thoughts? Keep it simple?

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Treen, what beautiful stones. I have stones from Gemfix and Doug too, aren''t they excellent cutters and nice to work with?

Your pics are fantastic, love the stands and the ''hand,'' the woodgrain, so well done.

Of course you should have what YOU like, but since you mentioned it, I wouldn''t go for the halo either for those, it would be gilding a very modern lily to my eye but what you like is what counts.

kurumaisu

Rough_Rock
Your photos are delightful. You showcase the stones beautifully, but with a sense of humor. Do you take photos professionally?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Stoniegirl! My gut reaction was no halo but ya know how it is when your talking to a master jeweler...
Thanks for the comments about the pics too... I have been learning to take better, more artistic photos lately.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kurumaisu!! No I am a trauma/SICU nurse. Thanks for looking.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

They are stunning. I am a fan of amethysts, was eyeing some on gemfix, too bad I had no courage to buy them.
The octodomes have a beautiful cut. Are they also from Doug?

And amazing photography.

Congratulations. You know who likes setting unusual stones? Pal from PMGART on etsy. I am just planning to send a stone to him, but he has interesting movies which I can not post here and which you can not access from etsy site. The settings shown in them are quite original. He is not as expensive as some other vendors considering the quality of his work.

Just an idea... As I have said, I never worked with him yet but there are some PS-ers who did.

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the photo tips Treenbean! Will definitely try what you suggested
21.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will an 8 prong setting highlight the octo shape? The nice thing about the 8 prong setting is that individually, each prong is a lot smaller than the standard 4 prong or even 6 prong setting.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again

Crasru! Yep the stones are the work of Mr. Doug Menadue of Bespoke, he is wonderful and talented. It was nice because he actually mined the stone and cut them from the same rock. I will definitely work with him again. I will check out the Etsy vendor too, I love Etsy. Your comments about my photos are very kind thanks.

Hi again Pocadot! Let me know if it works for you...

Hi Chrono! I think you may be onto something with the eight prongs.... I want them set with rose gold for some contrast. It is hard for me to imagine what they would look like (I lack some of that visual spacial stuff) but I will def. do more research into it.

Thanks again and keep the suggestions coming!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results