shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever heard of a jewelry store that lets you..

Magic_Stick

Rough_Rock
trade up jewelry that you have for something in their store? All you do is add money to your trade in to equal the price they are charging for another item? I know some stores allow you to do this with pieces that were bought from their store, but I wonder if there are any stores that allow you to do this with pieces that were bought somewhere else.

I have a bracelet I was thinking of selling, but I would be happier to do a trade in like this. The place I bought it from closed down but they only had a trade up policy regarding loose stones.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
We used to have a place that did that on any jewelry over a certain amount. Unfortunatey they too closed down after YEARS.. Very sad!

Magic_Stick

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 3:09:27 PM
Author: Sizzle
We used to have a place that did that on any jewelry over a certain amount. Unfortunatey they too closed down after YEARS.. Very sad!
I hope to find a place like this! I don''t even know where to begin to look. Im not in a rush to get rid of the bracelet, but it sure would be nice to know places like this exist.

anni02b

Rough_Rock
Trade
yes please let me also know if these kind of places exisits as i too have earnings and rings which needs to be trade in
21.gif

mrhearth

Rough_Rock
There are jewelry stores that do trade up even though you didn't buy from them. They need to look at your item and they give their own value. This value can be low, decent or high. It depends on the jeweler. I did this with a jeweler in San Francisco. The jeweler is Simayof Jewelers, they gave me a decent value and I bought a ring. You can check their website

Captain Ice

Rough_Rock
There are alot of places in NY that do it. To be totally honest it is sometimes better to sell it privately. Try your luck with eBay. You have nothing to lose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results