carat
color
clarity

Scents that remind you of your childhood

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 12:53:36 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I loved loved Body on Tap shampoo.... It was shampoo with a touch of beer,. Anyone remember it?? You have to be in your 40''s...
I LOVED that shampoo too!!!! The scent would linger for hours, and you could always smell when another girl had washed her hair that morning with it.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Rain on warm pavement. We had a quick rainshower last night and all of a sudden that scent hit me full on and I was back in my childhood driveway patiently waiting for the drizzle to stop so I could go out and play.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Emeraud and Tabu perfumes - reminds me of my late grandmothers. My Nana would wear Tabu, and my father''s mother would wear Emeraud.

Pine air freshener - reminds me of my family''s Christmas. We always used an artificial tree, and my mom would spray it with this stuff that was supposed to make it smell real.

That fresh morning air when there''s a slight metallic edge...it reminds me of being a kid playing in the back yard. Very hard to describe, but it only happens when the air is very dry and cool.

Gasoline - my dad pumped gas as a second job when I was little, and when he''d get home I''d crawl up on his lap, lay on his chest like a little frog while he watched the news, and his flannel shirt always smelled of gas and oil from the cars.

The smell of old wood mixed with rain - would remind me of playing up in the attic in the summer when my mom would go out.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
red door perfume-my grandmother wears it, everything she owns smells like it, and everytime I smell it, it makes me think of her.

vanilla pipe tobacco- not something I smell often, but when I do, it reminds me of when I was very young, and makes me think of my dad, grandpa and uncles all smoking their pipes (which none of them do anymore)

vaseline intensive care hand lotion- reminds me of my mom, she always used to use it when I was younger. That and jergen''s bar soap

Dusty attics/christmas decorations remind me of the excitement of decorating for christmas

the plastic smell of a new doll reminds me of being a little girl

the smell of pine forests remind me of being in my favorite place- Maine

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I get a very happy feeling anytime I smell honeysuckle or lemons. We had honeysuckle bushes in our yard growing up and my sister and I used to pick the flowers and sip the nectar. It was so sweet and so heavenly! When we moved into our house many years ago I made sure the first thing I planted was honeysuckle under my bedroom window.

I also remember my mom slicing and squeezing fresh lemons to make lemonade in the summer. I only make lemonade this way and to this day it is my most favorite drink ever. My sister and I fought over who got the last cup when we were little and it''s funny that this Father''s Day we did that again!

However, I get sad when I smell mothballs. My grandparents winter coats always smelled like mothballs and I was very close to them. Whenever I smell them I get a little sad that they are no longer here.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Magnolias--I''m a Georgia girl, so the smell of magnolias instantly screams "home" to me. They''re EVERYWHERE here!

Diaper wipes--my mother''s cure-all, haha. She uses them for everything from cleaning baby butts to removing makeup to wiping down glass tables.

Brut Cologne--the choice of the masses when I was in middle school. Every 12 year old boy I knew drowned himself in it. Those same boys swapped to the Axe spray somewhere in high school or college.

Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Mama has a major sweet tooth, so her place smelled like cookies about once a week. Mmmmm!
18.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Dial soap. The orange stuff...it smells like my grandpa.

Also, the smell after rain doesn''t really remind me of my youth, but it reminds me of my time in Switzerland.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 8:12:02 AM
Author: hlmr

Date: 6/22/2010 12:53:36 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I loved loved Body on Tap shampoo.... It was shampoo with a touch of beer,. Anyone remember it?? You have to be in your 40''s...
I LOVED that shampoo too!!!! The scent would linger for hours, and you could always smell when another girl had washed her hair that morning with it.

I loved it too !!! I even remember the jingle: Body on Tap has body to spare ..... oooooo

The smell of a freshly paved driveway ALWAYS brings me back to my childhood summers.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I also love the smell of books from the library.

And for some reason, paper burning reminds me of my summers in DR.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
There is a particular brand of cigerettes which remind me of my best friends house when I was 8. Both her parents were heavy smokers.

Clorine and particular flower smells remind me of plaing outside in the garden when I was little.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
So many already mentioned here, like rain on warm pavement and the smell of chlorine.

But my grandmother had a very distinct smell, a combo of her soap, baby power, coffee and other things. Recently I was in my office late and the lady who cleans our floor came in to empty my trashcan. She smelled so much like my grandmother that I had to physically resist the urge to hug her.

I miss my grandma.
7.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My dad was a diplomat, and I grew up in several different countries (including some 3rd world countries), so when bathing us, my mom always poured some Dettol or Savalon (both are anti-bacterial agents) in the bathwater, to make sure she killed all the germs in the bath water. Those are the smells I still remember to this day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results