carat
color
clarity

My little home makeover

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 6:07:43 AM
Author: ksinger
Bravo! It looks wonderful. You have a nice aesthetic. I don''t know what it looked like before, but I can see the peace inside of you being reflected in your home, and hopefully reflected back. :) I''ve never been into blue, being a redhead to my toenails - warm colors all the way. But in the last couple of years or so, I''ve developed this strange love of robin''s egg blue, and blue-greens. I can''t actually DO anything about it decorating-wise, because I''d have to re-do EVERYTHING to work even a bit of it in. So I just look longingly at the houses of those who didn''t have my little life-long prejudice.

It also makes me a bit nostalgic. Understand right here, that I''m NOT complaining about my wonderful man and wouldn''t trade him for anything, but...I do miss my clean, tidy, relatively uncluttered house that I had pre-hubs. It was perfect for one, but kinda cramped for two. Oh wait...three. Can''t forget the dog. :)
When I was looking for paint there was a great deal on Cath Kitston paints. Only £5 a pot! I got the turquoise and also linen white. I don''t know if you have her stuff over there so here is a Link

I have to admit that I love the uncluttered look. I have that much clutter in my brain, its nice to have space around me
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the lovely comments. I worked hard to make the house the way I want it to be. I guess we can safely say I have moved on and am happy.
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 3:46:06 PM
Author: Maisie
Thank you for all the lovely comments. I worked hard to make the house the way I want it to be. I guess we can safely say I have moved on and am happy.
36.gif

Good for you Maisie! I''m happy for you!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 3:46:06 PM
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So proud of you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2010 8:36:17 PM

Date: 6/15/2010 8:23:36 PM
Author: puppmom
Maisie, it''s beautiful! My favorite is the driftwood bowl! Oh, and the table and chairs. I love that not all the chairs are the same. It all just looks so welcoming. Great job!

I love to have my family round a big table. The kids try to escape but I make them stay and chat. They WILL bend to my will!

The bowl was from this site....

http://www.country-touches.co.uk/category/By_the_seaside___,i.html
That price is a steal for that bowl if you ask me. It''s perfect!

I just noticed your doggie laying on the area rug...does he lay on any new rug you put down? We bought our house about a year ago and it''s hardwood floors throughout. We have gradually purchased area rugs for every room and, without fail, you''re barely done laying the thing on the floor and the dang dog plops right on it!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Its just beautiful, such soft colors ... you did a great job

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Great job Maisie, it looks awesome
36.gif
i love the wallpaper and fireplace...and the pup too
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blossom would rather lie on a rug than her bed. I am close to just getting rid of her bed and accepting she would rather just put all her hairs on my rugs. She follows me everytime I leave the room so she lies wherever I am. Little sweetheart. I love her so much!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
It looks so homey and cute!!!!! I really like the design on the wallpaper by the fireplace. Very nice, Maisie!
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done on all fronts!

mz

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love the wall paper and how well you lined things up with the fireplace - it looks fantastic! I also love "Duck" :) Great job gal :)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, it looks FABULOUS!!!! A professional decorator couldn''t have done a better job.
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

curtsey.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
that''s lovely maisie! you are talented, he''s lost out on a goodun
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results