shape
carat
color
clarity

Lower a three stone setting?

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everybody,

I have an asscher three stone, and there''s just something about the setting that bugs me. I think it may be that it''s too high. Is there any way to lower the setting? Here''s the original topic:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-anniversary-replacement-wedding-ring.139873/

Thanks for your all your knowledge and advice!
BoulderGal

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Bouldergal, I just looked at your thread and I think your ring is beautiful!!!
30.gif

I didn''t see any profile shots in your thread though. That would give me a better idea as to the height that you are referring to. Can you post some profile pics?

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to attach a profile picture, hopefully it worked. Do you think this is too high, maybe "clunky"? Maybe I''m not used to it?

bg_profile1.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Another one. Any and all opinions appreciated! Thanks again!

bg_profile2.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, sorry for the duplicate!

bg_profile_2.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bouldergal, thanks for more pics of your lovely ring! I don''t think it is too high at all. And I wouldn''t call it clunky, I think because it is a three stone with three square stones vs three round stones it looks a little bit more "architectural" as opposed to a softer look of a round three stone. I hope that makes sense. Your setting actually looks exactly like my round three stone ring setting. You can see pics of it here

I love that setting obviously as I own it myself! Do you like the look of your ring looking down at it too or does just the profile bother you? If it is just the profile, maybe a three stone trellis design will soften the look up a bit for you! I''d give it a little time though to let it sink in!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lizzy. I checked out your thread--your rings, all of them, are gorgeous! About mine, looking down from the top, it''s fantastic, maybe it''s the side view that I like but I''m not exactly in love, know what I mean? I like the idea of a trellis, but I think a reset would be a long way off, considering I only got this one 6 months ago!

Anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks again!
BG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your ring. I don''t think it has a real high profile. I doubt they can shorten this one but maybe in the future you can get a setting that the mountings are more flush with the band.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 7:47:50 PM
Author: BoulderGal
Thanks Lizzy. I checked out your thread--your rings, all of them, are gorgeous! About mine, looking down from the top, it''s fantastic, maybe it''s the side view that I like but I''m not exactly in love, know what I mean? I like the idea of a trellis, but I think a reset would be a long way off, considering I only got this one 6 months ago!

Anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks again!
BG
Hi BoulderGal

I think your ring is perfect just the way it is. It looks perfect. I just received my 3-stone ring last week so am also getting use to it. You can see my post under "Show me the Bling". My setting is the trellis so I''ve attached a profile picture so you can see how it looks from the side. You can see that my diamonds do need to be lowered as they''re set too high but it will give you an idea of how the ring looks.
You may want to just try different bands with your ring but in my humble opinion, I think your ring looks great as is.

Hope this helps

lmf3stn19.JPG

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
i think the profile of your ring screams... PERFECT!

and i hate high settings but that one seems just proportionately right and actually a tad on the low-ish side compared to most others i''ve seen.

gorgeous!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t imagine how you could get the stones set any lower. I think it is gorgeous like it is!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments! Don''t get me wrong, I love my ring, and Asschers are just so cool!

The center stone fell out of my original wedding set (shane company special) almost three years ago and I''ve just had a 2mm platinum or 3mm comfort fit rose gold band since then. I think i''m just adjusting to actually having stones there! They have to sit on something, don''t they?

Pricescope has made me realize how much I really, really, really like jewelry! It''s a love/hate/love thing, because I''m inherently cheap! On that note, I think my right hand needs something.....any suggestions?

Thanks again!
BG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results