shape
carat
color
clarity

Best lab grown diamonds? Gemsis? Or who else...

lasugar

Rough_Rock
Hi there

I''m obsessed with Gemesis diamonds now! Like are they the creme de la creme of the lab grown diamonds?
I cant believe we can grow diamonds that are the exact same now.

If their lab grown diamonds, are they different than moissanites?

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Cody,

Lab grown diamonds are absolutely different than moissanite. Moissanite is silicon carbide, and like cubic zirconia, is a simulant (fake) that may look similar to a diamond, but is not a diamond. Lab grown diamonds are atomically, physically and optically identical to mined diamonds and are also called synthetic, man made and cultured diamonds, all of which are correct.

There are many companies that sell simulants, but use terms like ''synthetic diamond'' to improperly market and describe them. Synthetic white diamonds are still very rare and around the same price as mined white diamonds, so if a company is selling a ''synthetic diamond'' for a couple hundred dollars per carat, it is most likely a moissanite or overpriced CZ.

A 1.0ct fancy intense yellow VS2 diamond is a 1.0ct fancy intense yellow VS2 diamond, regardless of who grows or mines it. Given two identical diamonds, one isn''t superior to another based solely on the company that operates the growth unit. The big difference between manufacturers are the available sizes and colors as well as the policies and service that comes with the diamond.

Last I checked, Gemesis grows orange-yellow diamonds up to ~3ct polished. Their business model is to sell rough to diamond and jewelry manufacturers, which then sell to jewelry stores. Apollo grows near-whites up to around 3mm deep, and you can buy direct from them. We (D.NEA/AOTC) grow yellow to 2ct, blue to 1.3ct and white to 1ct and sell direct.

Hopefully that helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results