shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a good price? $5800 canadian

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aj55

Rough_Rock
ags 000, color: f, clarity: si1, carat: .776

measurement: 5.87 - 5.90 * 3.66

table: 55%
crown angle: 35 degrees
pavillion angle: 40.7 degrees
girdle thickness: medium
culet size: pointed

aj55

Rough_Rock
anyone have any thoughts? it is $3800 US dollars if that helps.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I am new to posting on this forum myself, so hopefully someone with more experience can chime in, but a quick search on the home page of Pricescope yielded a number of 0.77 to 0.78 F diamonds in the $3000 to $3500 range for AGS certified diamonds with id polish and symmetry with a 55% table and AGS0 range depth.

In that range, the price range for a 1A cut (which you may or may not have) listed on the price stats sections is $3923/carat (avg.)--working out to $3050 for the 0.78 range.

So, from that information, I would guess that you have a decent (a little high price from the sparse info, especially if you are not buying from from an online vendor and expect to have a relationship with your jeweler, but you could get a better deal if that's what you are most concerned about.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
A few months ago, a friend of mine was looking for a diamond in the D, VVS1, 0.4 carat range - purity was everything to this guy. A price was quoted at 4200CAD (this was a Canadian store with a large internet presence), and there was not even a GIA cert as supporting evidence. He decided to look south of the border, and bought an H&A stone from an US supplier. He spent 200USD having it set in a plain gold 4 prong band, and took his girl to Nww York for the weekend. He had the ring shipped to the NY hotel and she wore it back from there. He spent much less than 4200CAD for a larger (.45ct) H&A beauty that was appraised at close to twice what he spent (in Canadian dollars). He says what he saved in buying in Canada, he spent on a nice weekend for two in NYC, including an indulgent meal at Tavern on the Green, and other like treats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results