shape
carat
color
clarity

1.22 carat F/SI1 for $7059 -- good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nsparadox

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to purchase an engagement diamond, and have the following criteria:

Cut/symmetry: Official H&A, or appears to be an H&A to the naked eye (ideal cut)
Color: F or higher (she is very sensitive to color)
Clarity: SI-1, but has to be completely eye clean
Fluoresence: medium or less
Size: Around 7mm diameter (carat weight doesn't matter unless it improves structural integrity)
Light return: The more fire, the better
Budget: under $8,000 for loose diamond only

I have found a GIA certed 1.22 F/SI1 with a 6.87mm diameter and faint flouresence, and according to the vendor is 100% eye clean and when viewed through an H&A scope, shows an H&A pattern. I do not have any pictures of the diamond as the vendor does not have it on premises, although I do have the cert and Sarin. Using the Sarin measurements, this diamond scores a 0.5 on the HCA.

Sarin text:
Weight: 1.216 ct
Diameter: 6.87 (6.85-6.9) [.8% - what does this mean?]
Total Depth: 61.4% 4.22 mm
Crown Angle: 34.5 (34.1-34.9) 0
Crown Height: 15.2% (14.9-15.5) 1.04mm
Pavil. Angle: 40.5 (40.1-40.9)
Pavil Depth: 42.6% (41.9-43.3) 0 2.93mm
Culet: .6% v. small 0
Table Size: 54% (53.7 - 54.7) 0 3.71mm
Girdle Thickness 1.8% (1-2.5) 0 Sl. Thick
Proportion: 0

Cert text:
GIA
6.86 x 6.89 x 4.23
Table 55%
Depth 61.5 %

Girdle: Thin to Med, Faceted (why is this so different from Sarin?)
Culet: None

Color: F
Clarity: SI1

Polish VG
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence Faint

Picture of GIA cert
Picture of Sarin

As you can see from the cert, there's a feather near the perimiter of the diamond that doesn't extend to the girdle, and the vendor says it will not weaken the diamond, but I wondered if you all thought the same. I will (hopefully) have it appraised by Martin Haske. The vendor has a 30-day money back guarantee, so if the diamond isn't "H&A or F enough" I could return it.

The price is $7,059. Do you think it's a good deal? Anything I should look out for? Wish I could provide actual pics of the diamond, but alas I cannot.

Thanks!
rodent.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds really good to me! Seems like you've done all your homework, and if your purchase is contingent on Marty's appraisal, I don't see how you can go wrong. I bet it's a beauty!
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I ran a very tight search, using parameters very close to your stone and only found 1 listed.

The results are below, but please forgive the fact that copying a Pricescope result in HTML does not make a nice text transfer.

Looks to me like the diamond you found will be a winner.

Carat
Color
Clarity
Depth
Tbl
Lab
Gdl
Cul
Sym
Pol
Flr
Measurements
$/Crt
Price
Source

F
SI1
60.7%
55%
GIA
tn-m
no
vg
gd
no
6.88x6.95x4.2
$5406
$6487 for the diamond.
Dirt Cheap Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results