shape
carat
color
clarity

Leaky Night-time Diapers?????

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies! So, lately it seems like we have leaky diapers every single night. I''m looking for some suggestions cause we''re going on a trip next week and I don''t want to have to wash sheets and pajamas the whole time we are there at the hotel!

I have been having him wear one size larger and the Pampers night-time diapers cause I thought they would hold more pee, and it still leaks. It comes from out the top and then gets his side all wet.

Do I have to just try different brands?? Should I go back down to his regular daytime size??

THANKS!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 3:03:54 PM
Author:sunkist
Hi Ladies! So, lately it seems like we have leaky diapers every single night. I''m looking for some suggestions cause we''re going on a trip next week and I don''t want to have to wash sheets and pajamas the whole time we are there at the hotel!

I have been having him wear one size larger and the Pampers night-time diapers cause I thought they would hold more pee, and it still leaks. It comes from out the top and then gets his side all wet.

Do I have to just try different brands?? Should I go back down to his regular daytime size??

THANKS!
How old is he and what size do you actually have him in regularly? It could be that you have him in too small a size, period, especially if it''s coming up the top (although I think boys have more of an issue with that than girls do).

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tgal, he''s 7 mos, 17 lbs. I have him in Pampers swaddlers size 3 during the day. No leaks cause he gets changed regularly during the day.

At night he''s in Pamper size 4 night time diapers (not sure exactly which kind, they have pictures of Sesame street characters that look, well, like they are on something to be honest...haha)

Is it normal to have to change diapers half way through the night?? I thought you could go all night with out changing diapers especially if you get the night time kind.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey sunkist what pampers are you using? the baby dry? that is what we use for J and we use a size bigger (he is in 3''s now) but even with 2''s we didn''t have a problem and some mornings those things are WET and soo heavy. the diaper itself does feel kind of moist on the outside but his clothes are dry so i don''t think it''s actual leaking. and he stays in them for 12-13 hours usually.

if those aren''t working then maybe try the huggies overnight ones? i read a lot of great reviews for those and would have tried them (and maybe eventually will) but when J started needing night diapers he was only BARELY in size 2''s and huggies overnight started at size 3. good luck!! changing the sheets for leaks would def not be fun--i am sure we''ll be there at some point.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
You might want to try the Huggies Overnights. We switch back and forth between the Huggies overnights and the Pampers night time diapers (both in a size up...he''s in size 4 daytime and size 5 overnights and is 21 lbs), and the Pampers are easier to get on him now that he''s all squirmy. But I feel like the Huggies, when painstakingly put on correctly, hold more.

Also, do you feed right before bed? This is probably TMI, but we do bottle, story, bath and then pj''s and bed, and most nights ds will pee in the bath right as I''m starting to fill it with water. If he doesn''t pee in the bath, chances are he will have a leaky diaper no matter what.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
thanks mara, maybe i''ll pick up some huggies. I think these night time diapers might be baby dry. I through away the packaging and I just know they look different from the size 3 baby dry I got the first time. it seems like there are so many different kinds of diaper styles.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Sabine, haha, love the peeing in the bath details
9.gif
Wes does that too
3.gif
But yes, I also feed him right before bed. And he still wakes to feed randomly either every 2, 3, or 4 hours every night. So maybe he''s just peeing more during the night than most kids his age??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah it might be hard to compare J to W as J doesn''t wake at night to feed--i am sure if he did he would pee more!!

baby dry are kind of an aqua colored diaper rather than the white/yellow look and yeah ours have sesame street characters on them too. you know some people use baby dry diapers as their regular diapers? they feel so uncomfy to me (more scratchy than daytime diapers) so i can''t imagine that...but it''s the only diaper that won''t be using dry max i have heard.

if you do try the huggies, please report back as i am curious. i have also heard that if you have a long lean kid that huggies works better in general and J is kind of getting there. we have had a few pampers swaddlers poo blowouts and i don''t think that it''s that they are too small, they seem to fit fine but he had 3 poo blowouts this week, all out the side of his leg. so we might be trying huggies soon.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
If I get to Target tonight, we''ll try the Huggies out and I''ll let you know!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I highly recommend the Huggies Overnights. They hold A LOT of pee! I don''t think you should have to change a diaper in the middle of the night at this age so the Overnights should help alleviate that problem. Good luck!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Another huggies overnight fan.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ok, Target did not have any Huggies Overnight... I got some Huggies size 4. They''re probably not the same huh?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hunter has worn 2 sizes larger at night than he wears in the day for a long time now. Whenever we have leaks it is because we need to go up a size.

Also, when you diaper him, fold his little penis down so it points in the direction of the most padding, not up towards his belly button!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try the huggies overnites in a size 4. Size three sounds small for a 7 month old, but Amelia was tall and I remember going up in sizes very quickly.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the regular Huggies don''t hold as much as the Overnights...I had to go to BRU to get the Huggies Overnights (or order from Diapers.com).

Honestly, when Jacks was still eating overnight, we had to change his diaper when he was up to eat (I changed the diaper while his bottle was heating up), or else he really would leak every night.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have three kids and huggies overnights worked wonders for all of them.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
We use huggies overnights for James and he still leaks at night sometimes. He gets an 8oz bottle right before bed though so that probably doesn''t help. We buy the same size that he wears during the day (5) and he''s tall and skinny. Maybe I''ll get our next pack in a size 6 and see if that helps.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 9:59:32 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
We use huggies overnights for James and he still leaks at night sometimes. He gets an 8oz bottle right before bed though so that probably doesn''t help. We buy the same size that he wears during the day (5) and he''s tall and skinny. Maybe I''ll get our next pack in a size 6 and see if that helps.
Hunter is the same -- skinny dude drinks lots of milk. He wear a 4 in the day and a 5 at night and it makes a big difference!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so like I said I tried regular Huggies cause Target didn''t have Huggies Overnight, AND they didn''t last two hours in bed!
14.gif
This time it leaked out his leg. Don''t know if it wasn''t on right or what. But I just put a regular Pampers Swaddler on him and that didn''t leak again till morning at least! haha! soooo sick of leaks!!

Gotta try the Huggies Overngihts.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 9:44:55 AM
Author: Sabine

Honestly, when Jacks was still eating overnight, we had to change his diaper when he was up to eat (I changed the diaper while his bottle was heating up), or else he really would leak every night.

That''s good to know, Sabine, Thanks. Maybe I will just to a diaper change in the middle of the night, cause it''s going to be better than changing his PJs too.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, Kyle was the same size at that age, and I think he saved up his pee all day just so he could overflow diapers at night! We had him in size 3 Huggies during the day, and size 5 Pampers overnights at night. I also had the problem of it coming out the top, so I tried to put the diaper low in the back and higher in the front. The Huggies overnights didn''t seem to work as well for us as the Pampers ones did, but going up 2 sizes might be the answer for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results