shape
carat
color
clarity

ags Ideal proportions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aj55

Rough_Rock
can someone pls advise me of wat rande is considered an ags ideal cut.

aj55

Rough_Rock
can someone direct me to a site that will tell me wat range is considered ags0

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
This site has a lot of information.

AGS Ideal

The link takes you to the tutorial area that tells you about the AGS Ideal proportion. Basically, you can maximise the weight of the diamond while sticking to the AGS Ideal range... and create a mediocre performer. AGS Ideal proportion does not gaurantee performance.

aj55

Rough_Rock
much appreciated. thank you

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGA 1A cut grades pretty much do insure a very high degree of light performance. We were all too aware of the AGS problem at their top grades many years ago, but few wanted to listen....Now, it seems like this issue is common knowledge.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like your new picture Dave
1.gif

BTW I think we here on Pricescope et al might have made it common knowledge Dave.

But the good news is they are re writting the system
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is good news that they are re-writing the system, but it has been not such good news for many who blindly opted for those not so well cut AGS 0 grade stones over the past several years. There was better information available, but few were able to find it. I credit Pricescope with being one of those places that has truly helped not only consumers, but pushed industry issues out into the open so that improvement becomes mandatory. Better late than never is one way to look at it.

I'd like to think that AGA along with Imagem, Inc. will offer a technologically advanced system in our offices at AGA in the next few months that will equal or outperform GIA's and AGS's yet to be released systems in not only determining the quality of cut craftmanship, but in defining and grading light behavior. While this is not quite ready for action today, don't think AGA or Imagem is going to drop the ball on these very important issues which affect the consumer and the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results