shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie: 3 stones or solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IaMMoYY

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post and your input is really appreciated. Thank you! I want to upgrade my rings but I can't decide what will be a good match among my e-ring, wedding band, and right-hand anni ring.

I want the match of the rings to look perfect as much as possible. I'm thinking of a graduated 5-stone right-hand anni ring and a (small) 7- or 10-stone share-pronged wedding band. As for the e-ring, I can't decide between a 3-stone ring or a solitaire. Which one will look better with the other 2 rings?

I want to get a <1.5ct ACA for the solitaire or the center stone of the 3-stone ring. I personally like a 3-stone ring. (They're beautiful). But I wonder if it may look too much with the 7- or 10-stone share-pronged wedding band. Also, some threads mentioned a ACA itself looks great without sidestones.

Your input is really apprecaited!

Anne

DevilsAdvocate

Rough_Rock
Good morning!

Your question is a difficult one in that personal preference plays a major part of your decision.

Major differences in the diamonds light behavior (brilliance, fire, etc.) and the color have important roles in a match. Even diamonds the same color can look different to the eye because of their proportions, and consequently how they are affected by light.

I would suggesty going to a couple stores with large selections and try on different combinations. Looking at your hands in a mirror can help too. Maybe take a friend along whose opinions you would like.

Sounds like you will be spending some dollars. Don't forget an independent appraisal for insurance, and to make sure you get what you expect.

Best of luck! Have fun making your selections!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results