shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone heard about the Swedish Royal wedding being streamed online for those of us who don''t live in Sweden? Or is there any channel in the US that might cover it?

Obviously we all know the date, but what is the time? And what time zone is it? How does it compare to US Eastern/Central time?

I remember getting up at 6 am to watch the 11 am ceremony of Charles/Diana and Andrew/Sarah. If Victoria and Daniel''s wedding is another late morning one, I want to be sure to set my alarm!

Cordata

Rough_Rock
It is an afternoon wedding, 3:30 pm, if I''m not mistaken. Sveden is one hour ahead of Britain, so it should be 9:30 for you.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 10:02:18 PM
Author: AGBF
This is a photograph of the Marie-Louise diadem after its emeralds were replaced with Persian turquoise.
AGBF
34.gif

Thank you so much for all that info, AGBF!
36.gif
1.gif

[BTW, I liked it much better with the emeralds!]

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 11:34:47 AM
Author: LadyMaria
Has anyone heard about the Swedish Royal wedding being streamed online for those of us who don''t live in Sweden? Or is there any channel in the US that might cover it?

Obviously we all know the date, but what is the time? And what time zone is it? How does it compare to US Eastern/Central time?

I remember getting up at 6 am to watch the 11 am ceremony of Charles/Diana and Andrew/Sarah. If Victoria and Daniel''s wedding is another late morning one, I want to be sure to set my alarm!

WoW! Getting up early to watch a royal wedding! Guess I would''ve watched them too if I was born. The only royal wedding I''ve watched live was that of Princess Kalina of Bulgaria and Kitin Muñoz in 2002. That was quite exciting, even though I don''t remember much.

Back to Victoria and Daniel''s wedding - The Wedding is giong to be in the afternoon (15.30 as Cordata said). Sveriges Television (svt.se) will broadcast the whole wedding (from early in the morning to late afternoon). You can watch ot live on thir site. Sweden''s TV4 will also have a short coverage of the wedding. I think that ZDF (Germany) will also broadcast the wedding live (at least some of it), so in case you have any of these channels, you can watch the wedding on your TV, instead on the computer.

Regards,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 10:02:18 PM

This is a photograph of the Marie-Louise diadem after its emeralds were replaced with Persian turquoise.

AGBF

34.gif

The dideme in its present form is on display in Smithsonian Institution, Washington. It''s in a display case with other French royal/imperial jewels.
If any of you is to go there (or is) can admire this beautiful historical jewel.

BTW, I''ve always liked it much that VC&A found turquoises with exactly the same size and form as the emeralds and didn''t reuse the diamonds for new jewels. I have often wondered what actually happened with them? Who owns them? Are they set or loose?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here's a photo/drawing of parts of the parure - the diadem, the necklace and the belt buckle, mentioned in the link kindly provided by Deborah:

Here are some links with photos and info about the breathtaking (IMO) parure - Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4

ETA - in the links one can find the answear of some of my questiones from the above post!

Hope you enjoy them,
Bobby

Parure emeraudes de Marie-Louise.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ok, lets move on to Elizabeth II - Today (13 June) HM and The Duke of Edinburgh attended the Queen's Cup of the Guards Polo Club. Elizabeth wore her flower basket brooch:

PPE10061323.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Author: prince.of.preslav

WoW! Getting up early to watch a royal wedding! Guess I would''ve watched them too if I was born.

Regards,

Bobby

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! You weren''t born yet? I feel so OLD!!!!!!!!!!
8.gif

Is anyone else here old enough to remember Diana getting married? Or do I just need to accept the fact that I''m old aged anceint well developed in years?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 7:52:46 PM

WoW! Getting up early to watch a royal wedding! Guess I would''ve watched them too if I was born.

Regards,

Bobby

8.gif

Is anyone else here old enough to remember Diana getting married? Or do I just need to accept the fact that I''m old aged anceint well developed in years?
I was here.....born in 1962...it was a very good year!
9.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 11:14:31 AM

Date: 6/12/2010 7:23:35 PM
Author: loriken214

Date: 6/11/2010 8:41:45 AM

And another royal birthday....

Prince Henrik of Denmark (aka HKH Prinsgemalen) today celebrates his 76th birthady! And again - many happy returns, Sir!

Hi Bobby!
35.gif

What are all of those medals for?

Lori

This most glittering photo of Prince Henrik was taken at this year''s New Year’s Court. This is a party hosted by The Queen of Denmark for gouvernement officials and Memebers of the Order of The Elephant (Denmark''s highest decoration). Then everybody''s dressed to the nines.

Now back to your question - HRH''s wearing the Collar the Order of the Elephant and the badge of Order of the Dannebrog on a ribbon arround the neck. He is also wearing the stars of these two orders in diamonds, plus the star (not quite sure, Jesefine correct me if I''m wrong) of the Seraphim (Swedish order).
The rows of medals - the first row in red/white and some blue must be Danish medals, commemorating special events in the monarchy''s (his) life. I think now Henry can include the medal for Margrethe II''s 70th birthday. The second row are minatures of the foreign (royal) orders The Prince Consort has. Among them one can recognise the Belgian Order of Leopold, Spain''s Order of Carlos III, The Seraphim and a British order (not sure which).

Bobby
Thank you Bobby!!! Wonderful information, as always....
36.gif

Lori

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2010 5:41:13 PM

Here's a photo/drawing of parts of the parure - the diadem, the necklace and the belt buckle, mentioned in the link kindly provided by Deborah:

Here are some links with photos and info about the breathtaking (IMO) parure - Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4

ETA - in the links one can find the answear of some of my questiones from the above post!

Hope you enjoy them,
Bobby

Thank you for being so thorough in your research and in your posting, Bobby. As I have said before, you are a treasure in this thread and, indeed, on the Pricescope forum.

Deborah/AGBF
34.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 7:52:46 PM
8.gif

LOL
Oh Dear, I''m sorry for making you feel so old... but you really shouldn''t really. Think of all the happy moments you''ve had and how wiser you''ve became. Actually I was born 10 years after Charles & Diana''s wedding on Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent''s birthdate.

Hope this close-up of the Flower bascet brooch (taken yeasterday) will make you feel better!

Bobby

102043536.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 8:15:00 PM
Author: loriken214

Thank you Bobby!!! Wonderful information, as always....
36.gif

Lori

Date: 6/13/2010 9:41:26 PM
Thank you for being so thorough in your research and in your posting, Bobby. As I have said before, you are a treasure in this thread and, indeed, on the Pricescope forum.

Deborah/AGBF

A Girl's Best Friend

You are most welcome, girls! It was a pleasure for me as always.

Lori, as I mentioned Prince Henrik wears a British order among the minatures on the second row. I made a firther research and can tell you that there are the miniatures of not one, but three British orders - Royal Victorian, St. Michael and George and The Bath (civil division).

Here's a list of the the orders and decoriations of The Danish royal couple (RF's site in Danish) - The Queen, The Prince Consort

Bobby

And last but not least a joint photo of the stars of the Elephant (diamonds and pearls) and The Dannebrog (diamonds and rubies), worn by the Danish monarch:

a61016wl1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Christie''s is going to auction some (unneeded) objects from the collection of the 9th Earl Spencer, brother of the late Diana, Princess of Wales.

Here''s the link to the on-line catalogue - The Spencer House Sale

The most interesting lots in terms of jewellery are the last four on the last page - Garter insignia, a gem-set brooch and diamond & ruby pendant.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday evening HM Queen Beatrix and HRH Princess Maxima attended the world premiere of the international dance opera Pygmalion at theater Carre in Amsterdam. HM wore a dainty pearl necklace with pink topaz and diamond clasp/center piece and matching earrings, while Maxima opted for modern (diamond) jewels

467966596443.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Today was the annual Order of the Garter ceremony. Queen Elizabeth added sapphire earrings to the Garter ensemble.

queengarter2010jpg.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Time for some British splendour - Garter Service todat in Windsor!

The Queen wore the Crown Ruby earrings again, these were favourites of her late mother:

GarterService2010Queen.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:05:51 PM
Today was the annual Order of the Garter ceremony. Queen Elizabeth added sapphire earrings to the Garter ensemble.

MJ, obviously we were posting at the same time. I must disapoint you as that's a photo from 2009! See my post for this year's earrings.

Now The Princess Royal - I must confess that I don't recognise these earrings. They look like aquamarines, any opinions?

GarterService2010Anne.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
These the best photos of the Windsor ladies I've seen so far. Let's hope that photo agencies will add more photos later today/tomorrow.

Here's the Countess of Wessex today:

GarterService2010Sophie.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Princess Royal chose ruby, sapphire, and diamond earrings for the Garter service.

princessroyalannegarter2010.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Duchess of Cornwall at the Garter Ceremony...this hat, outfit and pearls bears a marked resemblance to her civil ceremony wedding attire.

duchesscornwallgarter2010.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:21:46 PM
The Princess Royal chose ruby, sapphire, and diamond earrings for the Garter service.

Darling, this is yet another photo from last year''s service. It''s 2010 now!

Warm regards,
Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Just pearl earrings from the Countess of Wessex at the Garter Ceremony.

countesswessexgarder2010.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, we''re posting at the same time. The dates on the site I looked at are lying to me...it said June 14, 2010
8.gif
Really it did!

Either that or my eyes are going out on me, old as I am...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:29:47 PM
Yup, we''re posting at the same time. The dates on the site I looked at are lying to me...it said June 14, 2010
8.gif
Really it did!

Well, it''s not much of a problem for me as it''s always nice to see the Winsors out and about!
May I ask which site are your photos from? And of course you''re not old! It''s the site to blame and sure there are/will be other puzzled people!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A slightly better view of Princess Anne''s aqua and diamond hoops from the carriage ride.

Here one can see part the Duchess of Gloucester and her peral earrings - Link

102081747.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
ETA - Here's a photo of the Queen and her bracelet - Link

HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent and her pearl and diamond earrings and choker.
Still no Camilla... Strange!

102081727.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:37:51 PM
Date: 6/14/2010 4:29:47 PM

8.gif
Really it did!

Well, it''s not much of a problem for me as it''s always nice to see the Winsors out and about!

May I ask which site are your photos from? And of course you''re not old! It''s the site to blame and sure there are/will be other puzzled people!

Bobby

I got my pictures from zimbio.com. Maybe when I searched they just didn''t have the 2010 pictures up yet? These pictures might be coming in as we type this!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ohh Zimbio... I usually check Getty Images and then if they have the photo(s) I want I go to Zimbio and Daylie to see/save the photo without the watermark.

Here are two galaeries of photos from today - PPE Agency, Zimbio

It seems HG The Duke of Wellington, a good friend of The Queen, had an accident on the church steps. Luckily there were pople who helped him and The Duke of Kent and The Princess Royal made sure he was OK:

klnl.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results