shape
carat
color
clarity

Desired specs for a RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
I get to go and sit down with a local jewler today and see what stones I can find that I like. I''m probably going to end up with a stone around 1.25-1.4 based on budget. I need some help determining the best diamonds by numbers...then I''ll let my eyes do the rest. I got the ideal specifications off of the AGA website but I need a little more guidance. What is the preference with regards to table and depth? It is more desired for the numbers to be as close as possible or is it preferred for one or the other to be higher or lower by a certain amount? Any other guidance is also appreciated!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looking at table and depth (I know, I know, that's all that GIA says, for now...) will not help you much. As long as there are ideal parameters for round brillaint and means to interpret them (HCA, Ideal and other scopes) I would try to find a stone close to that standard. You may not be set on a harts & Arrows diamond, but the brilliance delivered by the respective proportions is worth a look
2.gif

Did you see the "The AGA Charts versus the Holloway Cut Advisor" article on gemappraisers? You will need to look at all parameters mentioned by the AGA charts (including crown height, girdle, polish and symmetry... what not) to get a reasonable prediction of brilliance. Same as the Cut Advisor here will help with. Anyway, with dimaonds at hand it sounds silly to go by the numbers
6.gif
... you could definitely ask for Ideal Scope or Brilliance Scope analysis and inspect Ideal-scope.com in the meantime
1.gif
I don't think the jeweler will present you many enough ooptions to make an educated choice. It would help to look at diamonds with some refference at hand - and the Iscope tries to provide this rather cheaply.

This, at least for the sake of those stones that do match H&A performance without being sold with a cut brand attached.

Just my 0.2, of course.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey LGail...no more radiant?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results