carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 12:04:02 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
I forgot to add that sometimes the wire itself drags into the ear and it (the ear) starts bleeding
7.gif

YEEEEOUCH!! How brutal is that? Ah, the price we pay for fashion and pretty sparkly things!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2010 4:20:46 PM
Lady Maria, is it possible to scan some of these pages and post them here? That would be very much appreciated indeed.

Merci,

Bobby

:

As you requested!
1.gif

I think a lot of these pictures have been seen in different incarnations. There might be one or two surprises!

Caption from this picture...

"''The Princess of Wales was not terribly entrhalled by fashion. It was the power of clothes that interested her.'' -British fashion editor Brenda Polan"

dianacambridgeknot2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Caption

"Honey, you look terrific! Putting on the royal ritz, Mary and Frederick attended the annual New Year''s reception at his family''s winter residence, Amalienborg Palace, in 2010."

fredmaryorange.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This picture of Mary was the lead on the section "Know Your Princesses: A Guide"

"Europe''s next generation of royal women includes an Austrailian ad exec blind sided by love."

"Growing up in Hobart, Tasmania, Mary Donaldson probably did not dream of becoming the Crown Princess of Denmark. Instead she focused on a career in avertisiing and followed a rapid but straightforward trajectory- until the summer of 2000. At the Sydney Olympics, Donaldson, then 28, met a visiting dignitary, Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark, 32. Long-distance phone calls and surreptitious international visits ensued; a year later Donaldson moved to Paris. The next year she moved to Denmark; the next year the couple were engaged; the next year they married. A year later their first child, Prince Christian arrived; their second, Princess Isabella, was born in 2007."

maqryformalrubies.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Caption

"The day before Diana married Prince Charles, her future mother-in-law handed her a red leather box. Inside the box lay the storied Lover''s Knot tiara, once worn by the Queen''s grandmother Mary and passed down through three royal generations. But that morning Diana''s mind wasn''t on the jewelry''s legacy. Using a nickname given to the Queen by the British press she was said to have shouted with glee, ''I have Brenda''s rocks!''"

dianacambridgeknot1a.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Grace of Monaco

"Grace (in 1969) always projected aristocratic elegance. After her marriage to Rainier, she turned her back on Hollywood and devoted herself to promoting her adopted homeland."

gracemonocohair.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Letizia of Spain

"He was a playboy whose globe-trotting past included romances with a German baroness and a Norwegian model; she was a tv journalist, the daughter o a newspaperman and a nurse. She was also divorced. But when Spain''s Crown Prince Felipe, now 42, met Letizia Ortiz,, 37, in 2002, modern romance trumed tradtion. ''How in love I am with Letizia!'' he told PEOPLE before their 2004 wedding; she called him ''an exceptional human being.'' The elegant, elaborate ceremony captivated Spain. ''It''s like a fairy tale,'' said a fellow journalist. ''Not because she is marrying a prince, but because she is marrying the man she loves.''"

Side note from me: notice how this picture shows the central element of the tiara off center? I didn''t realize it just dangles there, almost like being mounted en tremblant.

letiziameanderdangle.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Jet Set Princess

"Long before Prince Harry made tabloid headlines, his great-aunt Margaret (1930-2002) was the wild Windsor. wiht a tortoiseshell cigarette holder in one hand and a tumbler of Famous Grouse whisky in the other, Queen Elizabeth''s kid sister became an It Girl for dreary 1950''s Britain and conquered London nightlife with pals who included Elizabeth Taylor, Peter Sellers, an dNoel Coward. A van of Dior''s Margaret distained the buttoned down look favored by the Queen and other royals, and by the swigning 60''s was turning heads in miniskirts and psychedelic prints. But a flair for fashion couldn''t mask a life plagued by unhappiness and confusion about her royal role. Still, Princess Margaret remains a fashion influence today, inspiring a recent Burberry Prorsum collection with rich brocade coats, elegent silk shirts, and sophsticated dresses."

"While her sister, the Queen, loved horses and hunting, Margaret (pictured in 1956) preferred clothes shopping and nights on the town. ''My aunt was...incredbly vital and attractive when she was young.'' recalled Prince Charles."

margaretturquoise.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Maxima

"Buenos Aires born Maxima Zorreguieta was an investment banker when she met Prince Wilhelm-Alexander at a Spanish festival in 1999. They quickly fell in love, but there was an impediment to marriage: her father, Jorge, had been a high government official in Argentina during its oppresive military regime, and many Dutch were uncomfortable with the possible connection with the royal family. Eventually the Dutch Parliament granted permission for the marriage (and Jorge voluntarily did not attend the wedding)."

maximapeacock.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Big Bling

"This 19th centruy Spanish ducal coronet- ''a circlet of oval and lozenge-shaped old cut diamond plaques between openwork foliate motifs- with an estimated value of up to $800,000 went on the auction block in Geneva in 2007."

spanishducaltiara.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
a photo of lilian and victoria
lilian is not able to go to the wedding

03s11-dragare-540__1205280l.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 4:20:18 AM
Author: Josefine
a photo of lilian and victoria

lilian is not able to go to the wedding

Thanks Josefine, but I already reported it.

See the quote from my original post on page 191:
Saddly now it is official! Princess Lilian of Sweden has Alzheimer and will not attend the wedding of her great-niece The Crown Princess.

The article in Swdish - Link

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 9:12:20 PM
Author: LadyMaria
Date: 6/6/2010 4:20:46 PM

Lady Maria, is it possible to scan some of these pages and post them here? That would be very much appreciated indeed.

Merci,

Bobby

:

As you requested!
1.gif

I think a lot of these pictures have been seen in different incarnations. There might be one or two surprises!

Caption from this picture...

''The Princess of Wales was not terribly entrhalled by fashion. It was the power of clothes that interested her.' -British fashion editor Brenda Polan'

Thank you so much, MJ! That's an interesting series of (short) articales and photos of glittering Princesses.

Two coments - the late Princess of Monaco isn't wearing a tiara on this photo - it's her elaborately done hair.
The central diamond cluster in the Prussian tiara is indeed mouted en tremblant. This efect is clearly seen on videos.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy (belated) birthady to HM Queen Fabiola of Belgium who yesterday turned 82! Many happy retuns, Ma''am!

fabiola111.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And another royal birthday....
Prince Henrik of Denmark (aka HKH Prinsgemalen) today celebrates his 76th birthady! And again - many happy returns, Sir!

27DKNytrstaffel2010.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, MJ! That''s an interesting series of (short) articales and photos of glittering Princesses.

Two coments - the late Princess of Monaco isn''t wearing a tiara on this photo - it''s her elaborately done hair.

The central diamond cluster in the Prussian tiara is indeed mouted en tremblant. This efect is clearly seen on videos.

Bobby

The picture of Princess Grace is is a full page with a sidebar of captions, so it might be a little hard to see. True, the braids in her hair give the illusion of a tiara, but there does appear to be some hair ornament in front...maybe a diamond brooch?

gracecloseuphairbrooch.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
That''s a nice photo of the hair-do! I''ve never seen such a close-up of this photo before. Thanks a lot.

OK, here''s a photo of Princess Greace I like very much:

kelly1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Trooping the Colour, the British monarch''s official birthday, today!

TtheC2010balcon.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TRH The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince William. The Duchess'' wearing her pearl/diamond/pink topaz choker. Oddly she hasn''t worn big brooches for some time now.

TtheC2010CamillaWilliam.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The York girls. Not much in terms of jewels, but quite a lot in terms of UFO-like-hats:

TtheC201Yorks.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HRH The Princess Royal rode a horse as usual. I think she''s wearing her gold studs:

TtheC2010Anne.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Finaly another photo of the RF admiring the flypast by the Royal Air Force and we can see HRH Princess Micheal of Kent''s three (or four) row pearl neclace and a glimpse of her sister-in-law HRH Princess Alexandra:

TtheC2010RF2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to add this photo of Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha. The only reason to post this is because I believe it''s one of her first official appearances as The PM''s spouse (and I like it that they are colour coordinated):

20703866.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 8:41:45 AM
Prince Henrik of Denmark (aka HKH Prinsgemalen) today celebrates his 76th birthady! And again - many happy returns, Sir!
Hi Bobby!
35.gif

What are all of those medals for?

Lori

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Does anybody recognize this piece? If you could tell me anything about it, it would be great. Thanks!

Unknown tiara with green stones.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2010 8:12:19 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

Does anybody recognize this piece? If you could tell me anything about it, it would be great. Thanks!
Hi, 'Blu-I believe that is the French Empress Marie Louise's Emerald Diadem. I will take another look.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I remember looking this up before, 'Blu. One can read the story of the entire parure here. It was made by Napoleon for his wife, the Empress Marie-Louise. It no longer exists in its original form since the

emeralds were removed from the setting and replaced by Persian turquoise after Van Cleef and Arpels bought the diadem. Once there was the diadem (tiara); a necklace; earrings; and other jewelry pieces as well.

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a photograph of the Marie-Louise diadem after its emeralds were replaced with Persian turquoise.

AGBF
34.gif

MarieLouiseDiademNow.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 7:23:35 PM
Author: loriken214
Date: 6/11/2010 8:41:45 AM

Hi Bobby!
35.gif

What are all of those medals for?

Lori

This most glittering photo of Prince Henrik was taken at this year's New Year’s Court. This is a party hosted by The Queen of Denmark for gouvernement officials and Memebers of the Order of The Elephant (Denmark's highest decoration). Then everybody's dressed to the nines.

Now back to your question - HRH's wearing the Collar the Order of the Elephant and the badge of Order of the Dannebrog on a ribbon arround the neck. He is also wearing the stars of these two orders in diamonds, plus the star (not quite sure, Jesefine correct me if I'm wrong) of the Seraphim (Swedish order).
The rows of medals - the first row in red/white and some blue must be Danish medals, commemorating special events in the monarchy's (his) life. I think now Henry can include the medal for Margrethe II's 70th birthday. The second row are minatures of the foreign (royal) orders The Prince Consort has. Among them one can recognise the Belgian Order of Leopold, Spain's Order of Carlos III, The Seraphim and a British order (not sure which).

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results