shape
carat
color
clarity

Can this modification be done??

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! Can you gals take a look at this ring mount I had bought it to fit my peridot. I have a pair of pear shape, blue sapphire measuring 5.5X3.9X3.5mm. Do you think it is possible to add on to the each side of this ring mount? Is that a weird thought? TIA:)

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not sure, but its pretty! Has anyone used this jeweler before? I was looking at some of his mounts last night, but I do not know them.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks Rockhugger:) I have yet to see it, as I had it sent directly to Michael E as he will be mounting the peridot and a few other stones for me:) Maybe he can answer your question if he come across my post. He did mentioned that its in proper condition with I2/I3 diamonds. And also it is light (as in the case with most ebay mount) Though I thought it was stated as 3.94grams which should be heavier than the other logr mount I acquired (maybe its due to my 3.5 small ring size?)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is possible but the cost and final appearance may not be to your liking. You need to know the exact size of the gap in the split shank to be sure it is at least 6 x 4 mm, if not, it is not going to fit. Not only that, if the setting is not well made to begin with, the melees might fall out or the setting might end up damaged in the process. I think it can be done but it is going to take a good amound of skill to pull it off well if you want the sidestones to look seamless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results