shape
carat
color
clarity

Venus by Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
so far very difficult to distinguish color between the G & H, the I, somewhat...all are amazingly vibrant with no direct light (under a table) as well as outside in direct sunlight and under shade outdoors

I'll try and shoot some pictures now

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 7/22/2004 12:10:46 PM get_cut_not_ripped wrote:

this sucks!!!! they're all awesome!!!----------------
Hmmm! You have waded through dozens of websites, spent hundreds of hours and picked out three stones to look at from hundreds if not thousands of stones. Did you expect this to be easy? You have done your homework, of course you picked out three that would be hard to tell apart.

When trying to select one molecule of the cream of the crop from another molecule, it may be very difficult, and hard for you to loose no matter which molecule you choose.

Did I not wish for you a hard decision? Enjoy!

Wink

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------

HA HAHA!!!
9.gif

I'm doing exactly the same thing as you. I have two of three stones in hand, third one arriving tomorrow. I was joking with hubby when I had 'em lined up on my finger that they sure would be pretty as a three-stone ring! He turned an odd shade of grey and excused himself.

Really, I was kidding!
2.gif

Anyhow, I'll wait till I get stone #3 to comment on all of them. Wink, you're right, trying to pick among that top top percentile is tough. But I'm loving having diamonds all around me!!!
love.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
so, get_cut, have you picked one yet???
3.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/22/2004 2:22:40 PM Wink wrote:

----------------

Hmmm! You have waded through dozens of websites, spent hundreds of hours and picked out three stones to look at from hundreds if not thousands of stones. Did you expect this to be easy? You have done your homework, of course you picked out three that would be hard to tell apart.

When trying to select one molecule of the cream of the crop from another molecule, it may be very difficult, and hard for you to loose no matter which molecule you choose.

Did I not wish for you a hard decision? Enjoy!

Wink
----------------

You forgot to mention the tromping around looking at diamonds in person to learn, Wink.
2.gif

I sorta understand what Got Cut is going thru. I had 2 here for days trying to decide. Try to remember you are supposed to enjoy this experience. Just relax and THE ONE will speak to you.
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
get_cut

do you have the specs on these stones ?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
YAY BLUE FLUORESCENCE, YAY BLUE FLUORESCENCE!!!
9.gif

So, will you sleep easy tonight? I think you made a great choice. I could have said that of any of those stones, but I'm so happy for you that you found the one for you. Of course, I couldn't be objective about it because I really love the fluor
1.gif

Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. A HUGE congrats! I hope to have my answer tomorrow... having done it, I now truly believe the lineup is the way to go.
1.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
How did the H with fluor compare to the G?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
get_cut
H si1 a great combo,ex choice.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am very pleased for you that you found the right stone for you and that the Venus was found to also be a beautiful stone.

I think that doing it the way you did was absolutely the right way. Look at several stones together and take the one that makes your heart happiest!

Wink

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Now I need some advice.

I have an aunt, who is looking for a diamond. Her husband is getting one for her as a birthday gift.

I would like to find out how this works.

When you send the stones to an independent appraiser near you, do you have to pay for the stones before they are shipped? Or is it sufficient just to pay for the shipping? Of course, you would have to pay for the stone you eventually pick.

Also, do you have to pay the appraiser to appraise all the stones in the selection?

She will be in Michigan, btw.
1.gif

This information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/22/2004 11:38:23 PM ep6585 wrote:

How did the H with fluor compare to the G?----------------

In dark conditions, (under a table, in the cabinet, etc...they looked about the same. HOWEVERoutside, was a whole different story. There is no detectable color in the H outside. It faced fine indoors and outdoors, but due to the setting, being exposed as it is, I was looking at the pavilion. I would have probably chosen the Venus, if it wasn't an I, cause it was beautiful...but the color was what it was.

In sunlight the H appeared lighter and more transparent (I hate the term 'whiter') than the G or the I. It was a very distinct difference.

I took that into account heavily in my decision, because it tends to have that property under any UV based lighting. As a result, most of the day, there is natural sunlight coming through the windows, and driving in the car there is the natural sunlight, and I've just gotten back from Home Depot and switched out all the regular fixtures in the house for UV & black lights.
errrr.gif
naughty.gif
(kidding)

It does make a difference. I can safely say, we were objective in deciding with a sort of 'blind test'...and I had a woman looking at them with me, just for the female perspective as well, so I wouldn't do some typical 'guy thing'. She & I consistently picked the 1.16 without telling eachother which we were picking, 8 out of 10 times.

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 12:16:32 AM kevinng wrote:

Now I need some advice.

I have an aunt, who is looking for a diamond. Her husband is getting one for her as a birthday gift.

I would like to find out how this works.

When you send the stones to an independent appraiser near you, do you have to pay for the stones before they are shipped? Or is it sufficient just to pay for the shipping? Of course, you would have to pay for the stone you eventually pick.

Also, do you have to pay the appraiser to appraise all the stones in the selection?

She will be in Michigan, btw.
1.gif

This information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.----------------

Not sure about the appraiser issue. I had them sent to me directly....fortunately they're all gone now, cause that's a lot to worry about. I had to secure each with a credit card, so I'd imagine you would do the same. I'm sure if you use an appraiser who is well known to the vendors here, that they must have some sort of system, but I think the vendors could comment better on that, as I was sort of on my own here.

Additionally: This can get very pricey. The vendors I used offered free overnight shipping, but if you return the diamond, you have to pay for their shipping to you, AND the cost to ship back to them (Overnight ranged from $35-40, and the return shipping registered/insured was about $20 ea. Additionally, the jeweler I got the setting from was so ticked that I didn't buy their diamond that they tacked on a $100 charge to set the diamond (which was a little cheap of them, seeing as I purchased a very expensive setting, which cost more than most of their solitaires)
Up_to_something.gif
All in all, $175 in return shipping, $100 extra 'Internet Purchase Penalty', and all my credit cards maxed out until these returns get processed, I'd say there may be better ways to go about this. However I know myself, and if I hadn't at least seen the others and compared them, I would have always wondered if the one I got was trulythe one

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info. I just bought an H with MB fluor.

It sounds like you picked a good one.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kevinng,

If you live near one of the well known "name brand" independant appraisers, say like David Atlas, then most of us would have no problem shipping one or two stones to him for your approval.

If you have an independant appraiser who we do not know, then the old cc approval trick comes into play.

Wink

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
I have a regular black glass-top range, and just put the ring on and shot w/my cheesy Nikon Coolpix camera....

To be ever-so-scientific about it, since I thought maybe it was the flash, I put the other diamonds on the glass top too, and they didn't do this.

I'll try and get clearer pictures, but just wanted everyone to see the blue-ish glow emanating from the ring, like something out of the cartoons!

NOTE: These are completely untouched photos. I only reduced the image size to meet the PS 100k file limit

Wow!.JPG

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
Also, as a side note.....HOW MANY E-RINGS CAN STAND UP ON THEIR OWN?

Note the special raised Verragio logo-coin/raised seal, whatever-ya-call-it, thingamajig at the bottom....pretty cool, huh?

Wow again.JPG

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Nice result. Admire your determination and the lengths of your efforts. Beautiful ring

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
Here's a photo of the body of the ring. Note the raised seal detail I was referring to. This makes the ring able to stand up by itself on a flat surface....cool balancing act, huh?

side view1.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos and a lovely setting to match.
appl.gif
I love the way it glows against the black blackground. Very dramatic.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
That is a pretty cool act, and a lovely ring. Out of curiosity, can you feel that with the ring on a finger? (Like if you close your fist, does it dig?)

get_cut_not_ripped

Shiny_Rock
this is a size 4.5, so it doesn't even fit past my fingernail on my pinky finger. The girl in the store tried it on and told me that it disappears in the fold between the fleshy part of the bottom of the finger, and where it meets the main of the hand (does that make sense)....

better yet, No it doesn't dig at all.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I just love how it turned out! Don't forget to post it in the SMTR folder too
1.gif

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
This is an awesome thread! (cut- thanks for maxxing out all those ccards! & posting the pics!)

Those are some awesome stones & I wonder if they stayed in the same order (it's clear they did in at least two of the pics) for every shot....

Also, if you still have the info. readily available, I was really hoping that you could post the #s of each of the stones to see how the HCA scores differed.

Thanks very much, I look forward to your post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results