shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vab152

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy a diamond for my future wife (hopefully). I have tried to do as much research as possible, but as most of you know it can be overwhelming.

I am looking at a Princess cut diamond:

Depth 63.4%, Table 68%, Crown Height 7%, and Pavilion 54%.

It is an 1.01 ct, "H" color, SI2 clarity, measurments are 5.71 x 5.71 x 3.62 mm.

The price is $2972.

What does anyone think about the diamond?

vab152
naughty.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
well, I don't love it by the numbers...a little shallow..BUT...it will look HUGE!!!!! Have you seen it?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I agree with MMM that this diamond is too shallow (leading to light leakage from the sides and/or bottom), and feel that the crown is too low (not enough fire). I don't think this stone is a keeper. Try to find a stone with the table smaller than the depth (I prefer 3-5% smaller), and the numbers in the high 60's low/mid 70's. The stone may not face up as big, but it will be much more brilliant!

vab152

Rough_Rock
No I have not seen it. I am a novice at this jewelry buying (hopefully I will only buy one engagement ring in my life).

I am looking to buy a ring with both a combination of size and quality for a very huble budget of $3250 - $3500. the ring does not have to be HUGE, but somewhat sizeable.

Is the only way I am going to achieve my goal, be by compromising quality?

Please advise...
naughty.gif

vab152

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advise!

I also have found a diamond with ther following specs:

Ct: 1.00
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 69.6%
Table: 66%
Measurements: 5.65 x 5.49 x 3.82 mm
Price : $3165

How do you feel about these specs, for the price?

If you can reccomend any reputable sites to buy diamonds, i would apprecite it.

vab!52
naughty.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Those numbers look better, but we can't really judge the diamond until you provide the crown and pavilion %'s. I bought my diamond from White Flash (Denise was WONDERFUL and they help you find a stone that's a good match of quality and price (their expert selection)!!!), Moremoremore bought hers through Good Old Gold (a very good site for information and beautiful diamonds), and Diamond Brokers of Florida seems to have beautiful princess stones. I would also check out Dirt Cheap Diamonds.

vab152

Rough_Rock
Thanks for you help!! I will look into those.

Froof

Rough_Rock
I recommend dirtcheapdiamonds.com, from my personal experience. I've been working with them to find the perfect diamond, and Jim, Josh, and Jen have been great! Mine should be on its way to me today!
appl.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey Vab....that I stone is listed on Dirt Cheap...it's an EGL so it will have the crown info on the cert- ask for it!!!! Then we can tell a little more...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Vab- The only prob I have with dirtcheap is that they only drop ship...you will have no idea if it's a nice stone until you see it and spend $ for an appraisal and analysis...BUT they have great prices....Here are a few that stick out :

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=2166345

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-645292.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-741358.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results