carat
color
clarity

help with project

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys thought I''d ask the experts.
I want to make a necklace for my sister in law, and was thinking of these stones: spessartite (orange) garnet, malaya garnet (with mixtures of colors like mtg''s one) or what I call sunset tourmaline which also has a mix of pink, red, purple colors.
I want to get around a 5.5-6 mm stone, either round or oval that I will make into a necklace for her. The problem being, I don''t want to spend more than $50 on the stone.

Has anyone seen something fitting this profile on your searches? Or an ebay seller that is reliable?

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Bob Kast has a 5.2mm round spess for $60, a 6.1mm round pink tourm for $50, and some other stones that might fit the bill. I can''t link to them directly, but go to http://www.bobkast.com/ and click on "stones for sale" at the bottom and that''ll take you to his listings.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Any other suggestions? My SIL liked a necklace with a "sunrise" (coated) topaz; trying to find something with similar mix of colors but in a natural stone.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Mix of colors?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well, there''s sunset tourmaline - are those the colors you''re looking for? This one''s from Gene:

GF sunset tourmaline3.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a mix of colors, thinking pink, peach, purple range.

Or if a solid color, an orange or a peach color.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure you''ll find an attractive mix in a smaller stone size. I''d go for a Bob Kast spess or tourmaline.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results