shape
carat
color
clarity

Nitrogen "Diamond" formed in Lab...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

questionsRus

Shiny_Rock
That is crazy. Pretty cool too. I wonder what would happen if they got it to react. I also wonder how much gas made how big of a crystal, and whether or not they will be able to make it "survive decompression". Anyhoo, thanks for the article, it was quite interesting :)

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Wow, That's a lot of pressure! 14,500,000 psi
6.gif
On a similar note, I just did a couple LifeGems in tension sets. Those are the diamonds formed from the carbon extracted from loved ones creamated remains. I talked to the VP there who said the process takes somewhere around a million psi and thousands of degrees for days to grow the crystal. They were a beautiful yellow orange color, but every bit as real a diamond as those from the ground.

It's amazing what a little heat and pressure can do. It makes me ponder that the atoms we are made of never really go away. They came from star explosions billions of years ago, were part of different plants and animals throughout the ages, and will continue to be reused. Recycling at it's best.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Biochem is certainly awe-inspiring, isn't it? I actually have wondered whether it's more energy-efficient to return one's carbon via cremation and scattering or by burying without a coffin (or embalming! I don't understand why people want to be embalmed, but I'm sure there are reasons for it). Lifegem is a really interesting alternative to having an urn on one's mantel or a painted rock 3-d dog portrait. Do you think your clients would mind you posting pictures? (I don't mean to be disrespectful, I'm just interested in how they look, as my parents' beloved dog is getting quite old.)

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
The client was from Japan. He personally flew to LifeGem in the US with his wife's remains and a translater because he felt she shouldn't have to make the trip alone.

Allowing a pic would be up to Leonid.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results