shape
carat
color
clarity

Healty Lifestyle 5-31 - 6-6

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Hello Everyone and Happy Memorial Day.

I see the weekly thread hasn''t been started yet, so I thought I''d not only say hello, but open it up for the week. I hope you don''t mind Marcy??!!

I''ve been away for a while. We''ve had some significant changes and I''m finally in a place whee I can let you know a little bit about what we''ve been through.....I think many of you knew our ''uber'' expensive condo sale fell apart. It was a major setback. We had spent the last 2.5 years trying to sell the place after we lost the jobs that allowed us to buy the place to begin with. While we both got new jobs almost 2 years ago, our salaries were a fraction of what they were, so we had to take untold thousands out of our retirement account to keep current with the mortgage. When the sale fell through, we met with an attorney, who advised us to sell our fully paid for cars, lease 2 cars, liquidate our retirement account, buy a home all cash and just walk away from our condo. So, that''s what we did and it''s one of the reasons I''ve been absent the last few weeks. We bought a really cool condo in the city, with a rather unique view. It''s on the port of Tampa side of town, so we have an expansive view that is industrial and urban and pretty cool all at the same time. We can sit on our terrace at night and sometimes see them welding on the ships. The building we bought in is about 3 years old, but the unit we bought is brand new. We didn''t like the paint color and we needed some things done before we moved in, so we hired a terrific guy, who painted the entire place, remodeled the closets, put in a glass tile backsplace and did all sorts of other things to get us ready. From offer to move, we had 3 weeks to get moved. It''s much smaller than the condo we gave up, but it''s open and in a great location. It was hard to get rid of so many things (furiture, art, clothes, shoes, etc.), but once you don''t have them anymore, you don''t really miss them. It''s hard to walk away from a home we loved, but we''re sleeping better at night and to have that awful payment off our backs is just a relief. Our attorney is trying to negotiate with the bank and we''re hoping to short sale the place. It will likely affect our credit rating, but hey.....we now own our home free and clear and that''s a good feeling.

We hadn''t been to the gym in about 5 weeks. That''s about the longest I''ve been away from the gym I felt guilty about not working out, but it was necessary. Yesterday, we went to the gym for the first time and while it was difficult, we did our full 2.5 hour routine and I''m really sore today. I''m going to go back Wednesday night and work my way back up to 3 - 4 sessions a week over the next 2 weeks.

If I were pick a topic for the week, it would be about eliminating stress from your life. It''s a killer and the stress of our condo situation was really bad stress for us. It''s wonderful to shed stress and I encourage you to dump the stress in your life that brings you down. I know it''s easier said than done, but having just dumped some major stress showed me how badly we needed to get rid of what was causing the stress.

I hope you''ve all been well. I''ll try to pop in more often.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Memorial Day!

Rod, I was just browsing PS from my iPod and was so excited to see your post that I put down my toy and got out my laptop. I have been wondering how the move went. It sounds like things are settling down for you and your new home sounds great. I am sending PS dust your way that your attorney and the bank can work out something on your other condo. Hugs to you and Charlie, my friend.

It is so true that eliminating stress is very difficult but it sure is something to strive for because stress can have such a negative impact on your health and your eating habits. I am definitely a "comfort" food person and turn to bad things during stress.

I bet it felt great to get back to the gym. Are you going to a new gym closer to your new condo or staying at the same one? I know your muscles will not be sore after another workout or two.

I spent most of my weekend goofing off (mostly with my new iPod) so today was "go" time. I went grocery shopping, mopped the kitchen, scrubbed down the countertops (then did them both again after Marty cooked), did laundry, made invitations for my niece''s bridal shower and got them mailed, wrote thank you notes for my birthday presents, paid a few bills then decided to go get flowers for my pots outside. The best nursery in town has a big sale on Memorial Day weekend and spreads out across the street filling the parking lot of a bank. The place was crawling with people today and I am such a klutz with the little red wagons they use that I burned some calories getting my plants. I had to park about a block away. I bought what I wanted in the parking lot first (just filled one of those big plant trays) and took them back to my car. Then I ventured in to their store and filled another tray and paid for them. I came home and planted everything. This year I bought more of the 3", 4" and 5" pots so while they were a bit more expensive it probably came out the same since I didn''t buy as many small plants. I tried to get really different plants too. I figure all of that counted for my walk today.

Have a great week!
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy,

Thanks for putting your new iPod down to write back!! There''s a new gym in the condo right next door to our new place, but after checking it out, it just didn''t have the same quality equipment we expect, so we''re staying with the gym we''ve worked out at for the last 5 years. It''s still quite close, and there''s just a comfort level we have with that gym. It is afterall, the gym that I completely transformed myself in. One of the nice things about our new place is how close things are. We''re just a very short walk to an entertainment complex, with reastaurants, shops and a 10 screen theater, including an iMax. Yesterday, we walked up there to see the new Sex And The City 3 movie. The reviews weren''t good, but we actually enjoyed it a lot. There''s a place in the condo next door called The Pour House. It''s a new beer and wine spot and they have the most incredible assortment of imported beers on tap. We went there this afternoon and I had a blueberry wheat beer that was so good. Even Charlie, who is a red wine guy, had an interesting beer that he enjoyed.

Our new place is way different from our ''uber'' expensive condo. It''s a much younger crowd for one thing. After we got back from The Pour House, I had bought some premium filet''s and we went down to the pool where the grills are and since it was a holiday, the pool was busy. We were definitely the ''old'' guys there. We were the youg guys at the other condo. BUt, it turns out some of the younger people here are some we''ve worked out with at our gym over the last several years. Not that we were friends or anything, but we at least knew some of them. We put our steaks on the grill, and took a dip on the pool. It was fun actually. Of course there''s a Starbucks nearby, so we''ve been going there after dinner. We haven''t been back to our old Sbucks under the oak in the last two weeks.

I''m sure you''re right that my muscles won''t be sore long. I''m hoping I didn''t lose much by being out of the gym for 5 weeks, but since I was able to lift most of the same weights (just not do as many reps), I''ll be back where I was quickly. I''ve read that giving your muscles a good long break every now and then actually let''s you accomplish ore when you start again. I guess we''ll see if there''s any truth to that.

Ok....I''ve rambled on enough. I''m glad things are good with you. Yay for having weather that''s warm enough to plant flowers!! Have fun with your new iPod. I got a new laptop when we moved. Now we both have laptops and we went 100% wireless. We got a new wireless printer and it''s so cool to be able to print from any room in the condo, without being wired. Since we had to move the sound system, I got a wireless blue ray player too, that let''s us wirelessly download movies in HD from NetFlix. Cool!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I would always put down my iPod to write you back.How wonderful that your favorite gym is still close to your new condo.I think it’s a good idea to keep up the tradition of going to the rebuild Rod gym.That is great you have so many things within walking distance too.The neighborhood beer and wine spot sounds quite fun.I like to try new libations.

Having a pool by the grills sounds marvelous.That is a bit ironic you know some of the other tenants living there from the gym.Even a city the size of Tampa can be small at time, huh?And a Starbucks nearby; I know you’ll enjoy that.

I am sure your muscles will be back to your usual number of reps in no time.

We are doing well but Marty continues to be more and more “uber” busy at work.I feel bad for him.

Yes, we finally have summerlike weather here.I checked the forecast before my trip to the nursery today.I lost some flowers a couple of summers ago because we had snow on June 5th.

We have been wireless in our house for quite awhile.All of our computers and printers are wireless and it makes it so nice.We watched “Behind Enemy Lines” last night in Blue Ray – I am always so amazed at how great movies look in that format.Enjoy your new network and those HD movies from NetFlix.

Since I don’t think I’ve had more than 5 hours of sleep for the last 3 nights I think I am going to bed early tonight.Marty is already asleep.

Marcy

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hooray!!! Rod is back! Thanks for the opener! I do think it''s important to try to eliminate stress from your life. The past few weeks have been a bit trying for me with issues with the SO and this weekend I finally said to myself "Look... what happens happens... if you don''t end up with him... you won''t die... you still have friends and family and you know how to have fun even if he isn''t there." That has really changed my outlook and helped me to relax a bit more and get back into my routine. I slept better last night, and am eating better..... well today I am
12.gif

This weekend was pretty busy for me. I went dinner Friday and Sunday nights, went to the springs on Saturday and enjoyed cooking out with some friends, then went to a friend''s house to swim and hang out by the pool and cook out again on Sunday and yesterday I rode horses with an old friend, and enjoyed the afternoon. I ate way too much food this weekend though, and am having to really get myself on track this week with eating. I also baked some cookies from scratch!!!

I got in a mediocre workout this morning and am planning to do weights tonight. It dawned on me that our complex DOES have a pool and I CAN use it all summer... so I decided I''m going to do swimming a few days a week to mix it up a bit.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I forgot, I also went to the Farmer''s market. I got fresh local baked breakfast bread, a little crate (the little green ones?) of golden cherry tomatoes, 1lb okra, 3 big cucumbers, 5 big big onions, 2.5 lb red potatoes, a big bell pepper and some yummy citrus juice (blend of orange, papaya, guava and grapefruit). I''m revamping our kitchen. I threw out all the stuff we weren''t going to use/eat... and got a lot of fresh produce. Grocery store buys included strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges, bananas, spinach, romaine, broccoli, fresh juice, diet sweet tea (b/c sweet tea is a necessity), organic eggs and yogurt, fresh cut lunch meat, and some provolone and cheddar jack for sammies, there were other things too but those were the healthier additions. I can''t WAIT to cook.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just popping in to say HELLO ROD!!! Have missed you terribly! Glad to hear all is going well (although you''ve been through a lot of changes) and please give my love to Charlie!!!

Hello Marcy and Dragon! Hope you had a good long weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I hope you had a great day.

I have a swollen tongue tonight.I had one yesterday too.I must have eaten something that doesn’t agree with me.I just took some food allergy medicine.It doesn’t hurt but I sure notice it when I talk.Marty will be happy if I am quiet.LOL!

We had steak cooked on the grill tonight and I had baked potatoes ready on time bake.I don’t have any leftovers for lunch tomorrow so I’ll go buy us some subway sandwiches.

Dragonfly, I am sorry to hear you have been stressed lately but it sounds like you are doing better dealing with it.Yay for going to the farmer’s market but of course the cookies sound better.Enjoy the pool.

DeeJay, how is your knee doing?Did you get a second opinion?

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......from "oh my god it''s hot down here in Florida!" God just turned on the heat switch and they also are predicting a tough hurriance season. I hope they''re wrong. I haven''t been back to the gym Since Sunday and I''m still a bit sore. Last night we had to take Sakai (our precious 12.5 year old Burmese cat) to the vet. She doesn''t handle stress well and I''m afraid the move was just a bit too much for her. She''s got an ear infection, which caused some vertigo and some kind of intestinal irritation. So, we had to put her on antibiotics, anti-nausea medicine and ear drops for her ears. She''s doing better tonight, but neither of us wanted her to be alone, so we came home from work, cooked a nice chicken and steamed brocolli dinner. I slipped out to Sbucks for some decaf and we''re curled up on the couch with Sakai and all''s good with the world at the moment. Work is crazy and has been for the last couple months. I''m actually doing well and am top biller in the office. I''m going to the gym tomorow night, no matter what. Do you hear me, Rod??? LOL

Marcy, I''m so flattered you''d abandon your new iPod to chat with me. Yes, while Tampa''s a big enough city, it was funny to run into people in our building we [kind of] know from the gym. Still, it''s funny being the ''old guys'' in the building, as opposed to the young ones from our last condo. Snow on June 5th? Wow, that would be odd. I hope that doesn''t happen this year. I hope things calm down for Marty at work. Tell him I said hello. Does he have to go to HK again anytime soon? Have either of you gotten iPad''s yet? I''m hoping Santa will put a pair of them under the tree this year. And I can''t wait for the newest iPhone to come out next month. I''m elligible for the next generation iPhone and I think it''s the best phone I''ve ever had..........I''m sorry about the swollen tongue.

Thanks so much for wonderful welcome back dragon. I''m sorry to hear you and SO are having difficulties, but it sounds like you''ve got a wonderful attitude about it. Having people around you who love you and who you love is a blessing for sure. Sounds like you had a great weekend!! And a mediocre workout is better than no workout. I wish I liked to actually swim. I love to get in the pool, but I associate a pook with relaxation, not exercise......LOL Yay for all the healthy fruits and veggies. While I may not have had the time to workout much lately, I have maintained healthy eating (with the exception of pan fried chickenI had one night at a local restaurant, that was a special, and just couldn''t be refused, try as I might have tried to not order it - sort of :)

DeeJay, my dear DeeJay......What''s new with you? I sent you a message with my new email address. Did you get it? Charlie sends his best back at you. What''s Bill up to these days. Are you two still cohabitating, or did I miss that chapter? Clearly, I''ve missed what''s going on with your knee, but I hope it''s getting better.

So what''s going on with the HLT. Not long ago, there would be so many posts by Wednesday, it was virtually impossible to keep up. Where is everyone?

I''ll check in again in the next couple days. Everyone have a wonderfully healthy Thursday. You hear me??!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies AND Rod once again!
I''ve been such a slacker at posting this week. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Hubs and I went to Mt. Evans on Saturday. It''s a 14er that you can drive to the peak. It was awesome and very cold (35F). We trekked to the top of the peak and since we had not eaten since breakfast, we both felt even more dizzy, lightheaded, and nauseas. Crazy what happens to your body at 14,000ft!

Monday was DAY 1 of marathon training. I devised a 20wk program. Monday was cross training so I did 30 min on the elliptical, then went for a quick swim in our pool along w/ some abs. Tuesday I did 3 miles along with weight training. Today I did 5 mi in the AM, and 1hr of yoga. I''m going to try to throw in yoga as much as I can. I''m really enjoying it.

Rod- Welcome back! Sounds like a lot that you''ve had to deal with in the past month. I''m glad you are settled and can get back into a routine!

Marcy- iPod Touch, huh? Did you get a pink cover for it yet?
2.gif
I thought about the Touch, but went w/ the nano for workouts. I actually want a shuffle for my running. They are so small and clip on the clothes. I''ll get the iPhone during my next upgrade, I''m sure.

dragonfly- Your weekend sounded marvelous! I hope you are well.

Here is a photo at the top of Mt. Evans:
Woo hoo for Thursday!
G''night ya''ll
24.gif

pricescopemtns.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Wednesday.We just started the week and now we are on the downhill slide.Woo hoo!

Work was uber awful today.We went out to supper tonight just so I could have some wine.As I walked in the door the phone was ringing and it was my sister letting me know I put the wrong date on the invitation to my niece’s bridal shower.Being the perfectionist I am – I updated the invitation and mailed out new ones.I put a little box by the date that said “I lied before – this is the real date”.

Rod, I really hope the hurricane season is not bad this year.The oil would just make things worse too.I hate to hear Sakai had to go to the vets but I am delighted to see she is feeling better tonight.Congratulations for being the top biller at work.Woo hoo, Rod!I doubt Marty’s workload will slow down; he just got another department put under him but he doesn’t lack for things to do anyway.He will be going back to Hong Kong in August.We actually went to Denver 2 weekends ago and I figured we’d come home with an iPad for Marty but he decided to wait for the second generation.I bet he has one before long.I bet the iPhone is great since it is similar to my iPod Touch.The service with the iPhone doesn’t work well in our neck of the country though.I hope Santa has iPads for you and Charlie under the tree this year.My tongue is much better tonight.Posts on HLT have died off lately which I hate to see.Maybe they’ll all come back now that you are posting again.

Beach Runner, great picture of you and your husband.They have a telescope on Mt. Evans. It is very cool that you can drive to the top of a 14,000 ft. peak.Yay for starting to train for your marathon.Yes, as a matter of fact I did get a pink cover for my iPod Touch.Are you surprised?I have a Snoopy carrying case on the way too.I will probably continue to use my nano for my walks; I think the shuffle would be perfect for running.Marty acquired my Bose headphones tonight; he broke his.They were actually a bit too big for my head but I will miss them.The iPod Touch is actually loud enough to hear it without earbuds.

Have a great Thursday!

35.gif

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

Rod~ Thanks for the opener and update! We''ve missed you! I didn''t know that the sale fell through but I''m glad to hear that things seem to be looking up now. Dust for a short sale of your old condo! btw-I think we''re so lacking on posts because of the promised PS 2.0. I know I haven''t been posting as much because I don''t know if it''ll still be here tomorrow.

Marcy~ I''m so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Belated!! Yay for gardening, blech about the swollen tongue, hope you caught up on some sleep.

dragon~ yay for cooking! Sounds like you got a great selection of fresh veggies and fruits. I love to have fresh produce on hand. It makes every meal better.

beachrunner~ Wow to your training schedule. Great pic at the mountain!

Hi, DeeJay!

I am almost 34 weeks preggo now. My c-section is scheduled for 6 weeks from today. Everything is going well with Baby and me. I am 2 lbs over pre-preggo weight now, which means a total gain of 17 lbs throughout the pregnancy. (I lost 15 lbs in the first few months and then gained it back ) I''m feeling much better and have some more energy although I do wish I could learn to nap!

DH has gotten most of our projects done. All we have left are little things.

Our basement flood is taken care of. Everything is completely clean, our new washer and dryer will arrive on Monday, and we got in the new crib and dresser today.

I have 3 young house guests coming on Saturday and will be here for 2 weeks. Hopefully all will go well!

Hope you''re all having a good week!! Have a great tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, glad to hear things are going well with your pregnancy and you are so close to your C-section. I bet you are getting excited. That is great your flooding mess is behind you. Thanks for the B-Day wishes. My flowers are starting to bloom. Yippee!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday all!

Rod, tore my ACL clear through, shredded my MCL, and have two big bone bruises from a small skiing accident on a big mountain... Getting a second opinion on surgery next week. It''s been a long three months... No, I didn''t get your email. Please resend, and I''ll also look in my spam filter to make sure I catch it. And bill moved out about two months ago, but we talk every day and of course still share our two furry four-legged sons!

Marcy, sorry you had such a bad day. And wine cures most things, doesn''t it?!

Beachrunner, 14,000 ft! Wow! And Great photo!

Shiny, I somehow missed the story about your basement flood. Yikes! Glad everything is pretty much taken care of.

No real working out since Sunday to report, although I did do arms on Monday and had PT on Tuesday, but did nothing yesterday...

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow - it''s amazing how not posting on this PS thread and falling off the wagon re: eating and exercise go hand in hand :) and the fact that I had chocolate and cheesies before 10 am this morning is shameful, but admitting it is the first step right?

regardless, I''m back and about to do the 30 day shred video for the first time before it''s time to head to work.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone.........This has to be short as it''s already after 10 PM. I did make it to the gym and I had a pretty strong workout, but my bench-press is still tough after being out for about a month. I can still press the same weight, just not as many reps, which was a bit discouraging. Oh well, a goal to work back up to where I was before, said Rod! Yay for tomorrow being Friday. We''ll be back in our Friday night routine of sushi at favorite sushi spot #1.

Hey BR.....Thanks for the welcome back. Cool (Literally!) picture of you and hubby on top of Mt. Evans. Sounds like a well thought out plan for the marathon training!!

I''ve missed so much.......I feel badly I missed your birthday Marcy, so a big belated happy birthday wish and hug from me. Was the iPod touch your B-day gift? I''m sorry work was ''uber'' awful today. Tomorow will be a good day. It''s Friday and Friday''s are required by law to be good!!

Thanks Shiny....I missed you all too! Wow, I can''t believe you''re already 34 weeks along. Time just moves too fast and the older you get, the faster it goes. You''ll see.......I''m sorry I missed the basement flood. Water where it doesn''t belong can be a really bad thing. I''m glad things are pretty much back to normal. I can''t nap either. Never could really.

Wow DeeJay. Your injuries supports Rod''s theory on snow. Here goes........"Snow should be looked at (preferably in pictures), but never touched!" I live by this rule, which is likely why Florida is the right climate fro moi........I''ll have to send you a new email. I think I sent it to your work email address. Since we moved, we had to change internet providers as our old place provided one service and our new place another. High speed internet is included in our monthly maintenance so we weren''t going to argue. I printed out my address book before we moved, so I''ll make sure I typed the right address and resend.........

Hey Maevie. Falling off the wagon is one thing. We all do from time to time. Getting back on is quite another, so congratulations for getting back on!!

OK......This was longer than anticipated. SLeep well everyone.........I''ll be back on sometime over the weekend.

Oh what is PS 2.0 and how will it change things???

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Almost Friday!
Today we had a training in the morning at work, which made for a quick work day. The bonus about it was the training was at the top of the foothill, which makes a beautiful drive. It''s about 10 min from my office. I had my usual chicken salad with grilled chix, romaine, red pepper, olives, half an egg, and balsamic dressing. I got my 3 miles in along with some abs and strength training. For dinner was a piece of talapia and some steamed broc.

Tomorrow is my scheduled rest day, but I may do some yoga.

Marcy- Sometimes a drink is all a girl needs. I have a bottle of vodka in the freezer and olives in the fridge. Sometimes a dirty martini is just a necessity. I''m glad to hear that you got your pink accessory for your iTouch. I have ear buds for my nano and I hate em. I need to find something different. I never knew about the telescope on Mt. Evans; very cool.

SS- 34 weeks!?
23.gif
Wow. Time flies! I haven''t been lurking on the preggo threads so I haven''t been up-to-date w/ everyone''s baby news! Well wishes to a healthy and easy birth!

Dee-jay- Ouch to your knee. Hopefully you are recovering well!

Maevie- I heard 30 day shred is killer. Please share your thoughts about it!

Rod- I took 2 weeks off/very light work outs after my half marathon. When I started weight training, it IS tough. You''ll get it back quickly! Ah, we got a sneak peak of PS 2.0 and a lot of users did not like it, but we''ll see. It was only running for a short time. But yes, PS looked a lot different.

Have a good night everyone!
24.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow I''ve been really slacking on PS and I nearly missed Rod!!!!! HELLO ROD!!!!!

I started my new job
36.gif
I really like it so far, but I suspect it''s going to be so much different than what I''m used to. It''s definitely an Operations (Ops) position, not a IT/Technology position, but I have a really good feeling about this company. And I''m determined to stick around here. My parents divorce is still flailing, so that''s been a stress factor for me. Mostly because my parents are so childish now and they call me and expect me to "talk sense" into the other. UGH!!! My MIL had a sinus surgery to clear out an infection. That''s mostly a James stressor, but James likes to "share" his stress, so he stresses me out too. And to top this all off, Quizas (the dog) got sick, just some tummy troubles, but it was kinda worrisome. We tiled our backsplash too! Glass tiles. We did it ourselves over the long weekend, and OMG if there were EVER a testament to a relationship, DIY home projects are DEFINITELY IT! James was totally trying to engineer it, and I kept trying to tell him, "You can''t calculate things etc, you need to measure and cut AS YOU GO, because home improvement stuff is *NEVER* perfect." Of course he *insisted* on doing it his way.
20.gif
But we survived and we''re REALLY happy with the results.

Workout wise... kinda sparse. But we''ll be ramping up the running and we have a 10K this Sunday.

Rod, I''m glad to hear you''re doing well. I hope things go smoothly from now on. You totally deserve it. I''m glad you like your new condo and really neat to hear you can see them welding on the ships at night.

Marcy, new toys are fantastic!!! I got a new phone HTC Incredible and I *really* like it. Hooray for gardening!! Do you plant it in your yard or a bunch of window boxes? I hope your allergy reaction subsided. Do you remember what you ate?

Dragon, I"m glad things are going better for you. Sounds like you had a great Mem Weekend. :) I love Farmers Markets. Your little bounty sounds delicious Hope you made some tasty eats from that.

Deejay, Hello!!

Beach, you''re so good, next week is my day 1 of marathon training.
3.gif
I ordered another Suunto HRM, this one comes with a bike pod, which is great since I don''t have a bike computer.

SS, Hooray for the crib & dresser. I''m glad the basement is squared away. Wishing you an easy house guest stay.

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.I am so excited it is almost Friday.Work was better today.I made homemade pizza for supper then ran to the store to get stuff for a pasta salad for work tomorrow.We are having a pot luck luncheon for a girl who has been out for about 2 months with a totally smashed ankle.She slipped on ice and broke it in several places then the girl coming to help her get up fell on the ice and landed on top of her ankle breaking it further.OUCH!

DeeJay, good luck with your second opinion next week on your knee.My right knee continues to give me fits and this morning I finally checked it out and the knee cap is certainly out of place.No wonder it hurts.Yes, wine can cure many things.

Maevie, no worries the important thing is you continue to try.

Rod, too funny we just talked about iPads.Marty ordered one tonight.He said when the 2nd generation comes out with improvements he would buy one and I’d get his hand me down.I think NOT!Yes, my iPod Touch was my birthday present.Thank you for the belated birthday wishes.I will keep in mind that Fridays are required by law to be good days.Glad to hear you made it to the gym again.

Beach Runner, sounds like you had a beautiful view for training.Keeping things on hand for a dirty martini sounds like a good plan.I also got a clip on carry case for the iPod – the shocking thing it that it’s not pink but it has Snoopy on it.Ear buds are not very comfortable.I bought some of the Bose headphones and they sound great but they were too big for my head and after awhile they are uncomfortable on your ears.Marty “acquired” them though since his broke.

Lisa, I am glad you like your new job.Sorry to hear your parents are trying to bring you in to their divorce, that has to be difficult.I hope your MIL is doing okay after her surgery and I hope your dog is better too.I did have to laugh at your comment about doing a home project is a true test of a relationship.We tend to do things better by ourselves.That is great you like your new tiled backsplash though.Marty has the HTC phone too and really likes it.We have some assorted size ceramic planters that I put flowers in each summer.My tongue is much better; I can kind of still feel it but the swelling went down.I don’t have a clue what brought it on.Good luck with your 10K this weekend.

Have a great Friday.

Marcy

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. Thought I would check in and give you another quick update.

I have now lost 52lbs. Incredible. I still have a long way to go yet, I estimate another 50 lbs to go, maybe more. But the fact I have done this since the beginning of the year is mind blowing. I never expected to lose the weight so speedily.

My newfound willpower and motivation is refreshing.

Hope you are all well.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
congratulations Merrymunkey! Are you keeping photo evidence of this journey - it''s so impressive and inspiring!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m at 105.4lbs this morning.. hoping to have a good eating day today too.

I will keep you updated on the 30 day shred progress _ I leave for holiday on June 25th and am planning to do it daily until then :) wish me luck!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Well... things are up and down with the SO. I don''t know what will happen, and it''s making it hard to be motivated for much of anything. I did make us a really good hash the other night from my farmer''s market bounty and the sausage from our home raised hog (don''t ask, I didn''t want it to happen like it did, but hey... the meat is lean at least). It had fresh onion, bell pepper, and potato with some good spicy seasoning. We grilled corn with it.

I''m on my own this weekend again... plan to do some swimming, and walking, and soul searching.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Dragon, hugs. Hope you enjoy yourself this weekend.

Marcy, very nice you got such nice planting done. James leaves all the planting stuff alone and I think I prefer it that way. I think the backsplash would''ve been SO much easier if it was just me and Sis, but I suppose I *should* learn how to do things with my husband... :)

Merry, congrats! That''s a huge accomplishment!!!

Maevie, you can totally get back on the horse with 30DS. A lot of ppl have had good results. Hoping the same for you.

~Lisa

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Friday to all my girls!! It was a routine day at work. I''ve got so much on my plate that it''s not possible to do it all, so I''m trying to not stress about leaving at an almost reasonable time and tackling the rediculous workload I''ve got the next work day. In keeping with my "Rid Rod of Stress" it''s actually working pretty well. I''m sleeping the best at night I''ve slept in about 2 years. Of course getting the ''uber'' expensive elephant of a condo off our back is really helping. I left at 5:30 this evening and met Charlie for sushi. We had coffee at our new Sbucks on our way home, then came home and put on bathing suits and took a really nice dip in the pool. We love the new pool and spa in the new condo. It''s a bit "resortish" than our last condo, which was perhaps "too upscale!" Tomorrow, we''re going to have a nice long workout at the gym in the afternoon, then just relax the rest of the weekend. It''s not just hot down here, it''s "WAAAAY HOT" down here. So whatever we do, will likely be inside for sure.

NOTE TO DeeJay: Tonight I sent an email to the two email addresses I had for you. The sprint.blackberry one was returned. The atproperties one was not. If you still work there, you should have a message from me.

Thanks for the 2.0 explanation BR. I know things need to progress, but sometimes I wonder why companies don''t remember the old adage....."If it''s not broken, don''t fix it!!" Thanks for the encouragement on my lifting weights. I''m sure I''ll be back where I was, but I sure was frustrated that I can''t do as many reps. Maybe it''ll be better tomorow?

Hey Lisa, it''s nice to see you! Congratulations on the new job. I knew you weren''t really happy at your last one. You''re post was like the post child for my opener on stress. You''ve certainly had your share lately. We hired someone to install a glass tile backsplash in our new condo just before we moved in. I watched him do it and immediately realized Charlie and I would have killed each other if we had tried to do it ourselves......LOL

Marcy, I''m so jealous of Marty for ordering an iPad. I feel pretty confident Santa will have one (likely 2) in his bag for us this year. I know I''m getting the newest iPhone as soon as it''s available. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPhone and from what I''ve read, the new one will be killer! Sorry your knee is still bothering you.

Merry, I''m SO PROUD OF YOU!!! And I hope you are super proud of you too! That''s a lot of weight and I''m glad you''re doing so well. WOO HOO TO YOU!

Good luck on the shred Maevie!!

You''ve got your stress too dragon. I''m sorry it''s such a roller-coaster with the SO. I hope the two of you can come to a good resolution. And if it doesn''t include being with each other, just remember that you''ll be just fine. You''re in my thoughts.......

OK.....have a great weekend everyone. I probably will check in again Sunday evening.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Saturday.We went to a party last night, I did not drink much but ate lots of junk food until they finally ordered pizza.I had 2 small pieces.This morning I headed south to get an oil change.I walked a few blocks to eat breakfast, then wandered around a few stores and went back to wait for my car.When I got back to town I stopped by the golf course and Marty was just getting in his truck so we ate lunch and have just been goofing off ever since.

I am pretty tired because I didn’t sleep much.Sigh.I do need to improve my sleeping habits.

My flowers are starting to bloom.Yay.

Merry, congratulations for losing 52 pounds.

36.gif
That is probably the weight of a first grader.Sweet.I am delighted to hear your newfound motivation and willpower is working well for you.I agree with Maevie, I hope you are keeping some photographic evidence as you go along.

Maevie, good luck with the 30 days shred.

Dragonfly, good luck with your soul searching; my advice is to follow your gut.I hope you have a good weekend.

Lisa, it is hard to learn to do projects with other people; I do better doing them myself.LOL.

Rod, you and Marty certainly have the same problem at work.Glad to hear your rid Rod of stress plan is working well.Woo hoo for sleeping so well.Your pool and spa sound divine.Stay in from the hot weather.Marty should get his iPad in about 3 weeks.They must be selling a lot right now if it takes them over 2 weeks to get one ready to ship.I bet the iPhone is great; I have been using my iPod a lot.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Saturday.........It''s just you and me Marcy, but I just wanted to say hello and say what a wonderful day we had!! I slept like a baby last night. I''ve been sleeping so well lately, which is such a nice change from not sleeping much at all. Again, stress is a killer and getting rid of the biggest stress we had, has done wonders for both of us. After breakfast on the terrace this morning, we decided we''d have a more filling lunch before going to the gym. Sir Charlie, who never craves meat, wanted a cheeseburger and we had heard about a place called Square One that everyone was raving about. They serve pretty much nothing but hamgurgers. So that''s where we went and I must say, the burger was just about the best one I''ve ever had. I skipped the fries of course and instead got steamed brocolli, which was really good. We had a cup of coffee at our old Sbucks (the one under the oak) as it''s the closest to the gym, but it was beyond ''uber'' hot outside, so we had it indoors. Maybe having more protein for lunch makes a difference? Our workouts were very strong and I was able to lift weights like I could before I took my break from the gym. Afterwards our workout, we came home and decided to walk to one of our favorite restaurants and we had a wonderful meal. It''s on the Tampa Riverwalk, so we were able to do the entire walk afterwards, and we stopped off at a different Sbucks, got coffee and walked across the street to the Mariott Riverwalk and drank our coffee while the sun set and watched people stroll along the water, or some were even on Segways (note: must rent one sometime....look''s like lot''s of fun!) and we watched boats coming in or out. We walked about 2 or 3 miles altogether, so that coupled with our workout made for a very nice, healthy and active day!

Gee Marcy, I''m surprised it will take 3 weeks to get Marty''s iPad. We have an Apple Store here in Tampa, and I heard they''re in stock ready for immediate delivery. I''m sure Marty can''t wait. I know I couldn''t! I''m sorry you''re not sleeping well. Have you tried Simply Sleep? It''s the sleep part of Tylenol PM, without the Tylenol. My doctor suggested I take a couple at night about 15 - 20 minutes before I want to sleep and it really really helps. It''s not habit forming (though I take it most every night) but I get a really restfull sleep, which is so so so important. Anyway, something to think about. It does work.

OK.........I hope everyone''s had a great Saturday. Tomorrows, just going to be a day of rest for us.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it''s like old times - the Rod and Marcy weekend show. LOL. You day sounds marvelous. Cheeseburgers are always one of my favorite meals. I would love to be watching people walk along the water; being totally landlocked I find the ocean very fascinating. I am very happy that you and Charlie are not so stressed out anymore. Stress is awful. I have not tried Simply Sleep but we have some. Marty has used it sometimes; he has to work in the middle of the night sometimes gets phone calls all night and his sleep gets so messed up he can''t fall asleep. The day we went to Denver 3 weeks ago we called both Apple stores and one of them had only one 64 gig in stock and the other one had only two. By the time we got there about 4:30 that day they were gone. The girl in the store said they were getting in about 2 or 3 a week of the 64 gig.

Tomorrow I am picking up my mom and taking her for a ww race / walk. Her and I will walk the 1 mile portion. Marty is picking up the ingredients to make shiskabobs on the grill for lunch on his way home from golf.

I will go to bed on time, I will go to bed on time . . .
Marcy

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again guys. I certainly have got photographic evidence for you all. I haven''t got a very decent before shot to show the whole body etc, but with this one you get an idea of how big I was up top.

17440_225568732809_515907809_3183173_6431882_n.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Another before shot...

10326_136030682809_515907809_2579634_4926571_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results