shape
carat
color
clarity

Finding pair of blue pear!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks jstarfireb, stone-hunter and virgoruby for the input! I am liking the $600 from ebay though
37.gif
but I thought that a elongated pear like 12X7mm will look better, this current pair is looking a little short and stout.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Those aqua kites are gorgeous. I''d wear them as a dangle with diamond studs.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered setting them yourself? You can get settings from Tripps pretty cheap and they have a starter kit for $60 (I think) that teaches you a lot.

The kit comes with the jeweler''s headgear magnifier thingy (have no idea what that''s called
19.gif
) and all the equipment you need, including some special setting pliers and some practice CZ''s and silver settings.

They also have some videos on YouTube that show you how it''s done. I can do simple round settings with calibrated stones myself, and it saves a ton. My husband, who did silver casting in art college, can do slightly more complicated things like pears.

I wouldn''t try to do my own emerald or other soft stone, but for putting together a cute pair of amethyst earrings or something cheap, it''s pretty cool. I picked up a big fire opal for about $50 at a gem show and set it in a sterling ring for under $20 (Tripps setting). My daughter loves it. I didn''t realize the stone is so soft when I did it, or I would have been more scared. The Tripps setting plier gadget makes it pretty hard to mess up, though.

For cheap, inexpensive, fun jewelry it great and amazingly easy. For really good stones though, I would leave it to a pro.

It''s not rocket surgery!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results