shape
carat
color
clarity

WHY is it SO much harder to judge specs for MY stone???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 7/19/2004 9:36:46 AM chrono wrote:

I had a budget of over $3000 but when I found a stunner that met all my specs but was a $1k cheaper, I suddenly got cold feet and fretful even though it was a steal. We have been ingrained by society that the more expensive item must be better. If it is cheap, something must be lacking. ----------------
Hee hee, that's funny, I thought the same thing when I first came across the VS2 J Jube. In fact the jeweler who advised me on it had a VS1 I of the same size that looked virtually identical which sold for almost twice as much. When I asked why they bought the more expensive one the answer I got was, frequently people buy the more expensive one because they think if it's more expensive, it must be better.
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I do know that the alignment of the facets has a lot to do with the sparkle… I am still getting up to full speed on how much minor variances in depth and table %s affect overall beauty and would also be interested in a summary from one of our esteemed experts!
1.gif

I struggle with the passion to know more and analyze, versus the ROI of such efforts … I held an H&A stone next to an “almost” H&A stone (AGS 0 vs AGS 1) next to eachother and if my life depended on it, I couldn’t tell the difference with my eye…
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results