shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Lifestyle 5/24-5/30

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! My opener is going to be brief. I honestly wasn''t able to find anything really strong to start the week with. If anyone has ideas please jump in. For now I guess I''ll share my thought that you have to go beyond physical health. Mental health.... emotional health. They are important too. You have to find what happiness you can in this world. Happiness is key in our lives. If you are happy, and at a comfortable and healthy place... then what more can you ask. I''m going to go find some happiness... even if it kills me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great Monday. After supper I ran around and looked at a few different laptops. I did not look at the iPod Touch but saw it most places. Marty was playing poker online with one of his friends so he didn’t want to go with me. At least I got in a look of walking that way. The wind is kicking up here and making it pretty chilly. Yes, I did see some snowflakes today but not for long.

I made some cheese raviolis for supper tonight and have leftovers for lunch. Tomorrow night is homemade tacos.

I can’t wait until about 11 am tomorrow. My ring show arrive at work. Woo hoo! The rest of the day is shot because I’ll be looking at my ring.

Dragonfly, you are so right about happiness. It can make such a difference in your life and health. I had some dark days in my life where I was pretty unhappy and I certainly wasn’t motivated then to take care of myself. I finally realized I am as happy as I make up my mind to be and that really helped. It seemed to simple but it really made a big difference.

Take care.
Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday :) I had a really busy long weekend building a deck.. it was really hard labour so that was good for me. However, my in-laws were here and I ate whatever and whenever I wanted, so I''m actually up instead of down for this week - that would be good for my bank account, but bad for my scale. I have 4 more weeks to reach my goal. I''m now at 107.0lbs

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening!

dragonfly - you're right about happiness. I felt pretty sorry for myself after my accident when the doctor finally got it through my head that I would never have a pain free day again. I was already feeling sorry for myself for having to move away from my family the year before, so that realization sent me over...for a while. I'm usually a very happy person with an awesome husband and wonderful family, so I made the decision that I was going to be happy even though I didn't like my circumstance. I have so much to be thankful for.

Marcy - did you get it??? I wanna see!!!

Maevie - on the bright side, hard labor burns lots of calories!

Today was a long day. I left the house at 7:00 this morning, and got home at 8:15 this evening. I started to bring work home but decided not to - it will be waiting for me tomorrow. We had yummy tacos and spanish rice for dinner, and will be heading out to walk Lily in a few. I think I'll head to bed early. Anything before midnight is early for me, and I'm all tuckered out! Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I had a fun day. When I walked in to our office my chair was decorated with pink balloons and a Happy Birthday sign. My B-Day is actually Sunday but this was the last day this week all of us were at work. I was eating my cheerios and one of my employees showed up and suggested I quit eating my breakfast. I didn’t take her seriously and continued munching away. Pretty soon all of my employees including the swing shift showed up with a wonderful breakfast for all of us. Homemade scones, cinnamon rolls, an egg/cheese/sausage/bacon/hash brown casserole, strawberries, Starbucks and juice. Wow, what a spread! That was so nice of them.

I got my EC ring about 11 and spent the rest of the day looking at it. I like it a lot.

A lady at work told me about a new photography club starting here that was going to meet downtown tonight and wander around and take photos. I decided to go. We had fun; I took about 5 photos I liked. There were 8 of us. My feet and knees got pretty sore though because we stood and talked a lot and we were on cement. It was a good long walk anyway. I didn’t have the chance to get many photos of my new ring but I got a few that I posted in Show Me the Bling.

Marty went to supper with one of his new manager’s tonight. He is going to be in charge of another department so he met with that manager for supper. Since I wasn’t hungry after my big breakfast I just had a quick sandwich before taking off for the photo meeting.

Maevie, no worries on a few pounds. It is rough to eat well with relatives.

Deegee, good point that it is important to focus on what we have to be thankful for. I know I can always find someone who has things a lot worse than me. I did get it; check out the photos I posted. It is so sparkly. I had trouble getting a decent photo. Tomorrow night I will get out the tripod and light box. Maybe I can get some better photos. Yay for going to bed early.

Well, I am off to get ready for bed myself. Take care.
Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone

Happy almost birthday Marcy!

here''s my accountability post for today. I did well with eating, but between working a full day and a 3 hour meeting tonight, I didn''t have time. I just got home at 10pm and it''s bedtime now :)

breakfast: whole wheat toast with peanut butter, yogurt, crystal light
snack: small tea cookie
lunch: carrots, mini orange, yogurt, pecans
snack: 1 Hershey''s kiss
supper: two cliff bars, tea, one chocolate
snack: pear

exercise:
20 minute walk

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Maevie. Glad to hear you did good on food today! Ugh to a 3 hour meeting tonight.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies!
It''s been a busy month and I''m just trying to (unsuccessfully) wrap up May. Anyways, my husband has a sinus infection and he''s been miserable for the past couple days. Last night we had pork tenderloin, cous cous and some broc. Tonight, tuna steaks. Yum. Today I worked from home and thought it would be a good idea to go run at 1:00pm. Oof. It was hot and its tan line city. I wear a visor so my face is covered from the sun. I should have carried my water w/ me today, and I only ran 5 miles. I''m still taking it easy this week as next week begins my 4.5 month training schedule. Whew.

Marcy- Your ring is gorgeous! I love it! If I ever get my e-ring upgraded, I think I want side traps as I don''t know if I could ever upgrade my center stone. I don''t know; call me sentimental. Oh, and more hand shots my dear! Oh, and Happy Birthday on Sunday!

Maevie- I agree w/ Marcy; 3 hr meeting sounds brutal. I guess I''ve had 3hr meetings and I get so antsy. I haven''t had a pear in yrs. Sounds good!

dragon- Good opener. I''m trying to find a balance in my life of the mind, body, and soul. I''ve found that yoga is wonderful, relaxes me, and makes you aware of your surroundings. I''m not an organized religion person, but am not against it, if that makes any sense. Happiness is a difficult thing to fully step into. I think once a person excepts themselves for what they are, and start to learn and grow, then they can reach self fulfillment. It IS hard.

Have a good one!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Marty went out to a business dinner again. I still cooked our tacos for supper; that way I have lunch for us tomorrow.

Work wasn’t bad today. Tomorrow and Friday I will be short one person each day so that will make it a bit busier since we have to do our work through Tuesday with the long holiday weekend.

I took a few more pictures of my new ring tonight. I will download the in awhile.

Beach Runner, a lady that works for me has the EC with trap sides; it is very pretty. I would be sentimental with my first center stone too. Mine was only .15 ct but I have it in a heart shaped pendant. Good plan to take it easy before starting your training. I need to start training for my walk in the race for the cure this summer. Tell your husband I hope he gets better soon. Did you get any of the hail? Brighton got smacked!

Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Good evening everyone - I had a good eating day today but got a bit lazy with the exercise this evening. It''s 10pm now and I''m off to bed.

Here''s my accountability for today

breakfast: whole wheat toast with peanut butter, yogurt, crystal light
snack: 2 small tea cookies
lunch: carrots, 1/2 apple, yogurt, pecans
snack: 1 Hershey''s kiss, 1 small tea cookie
supper: small portion of butternut squash ravioli, 1/2 peanut butter oatmeal cookie
snack: popcorn!

exercise:
30 minute walk

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maevie, glad you ended your day with your favorite - popcorn!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I do adore popcorn! :)

I know this post will not be kept after the switch-over to the new PS version but I wanted to update that the scale said 105.8 this morning :) finally in the right direction - now to keep this momentum going!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maevie, I love buttered popcorn with Coke and chocolate. Hence why I don''t eat it very often.
11.gif

Congratulations for the scale giving you a "Good" rating.
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Well my 6 weeks of 24/7 sports bra or tight bra straps due to my mole removal is up! I am so excited to be exercising again. Fri, Sat, and this morning I have done my walk/jog routine. Since its been so long I''m starting off on an easier rotation. Also hopefully there should only be one more week of the bathroom remodel, so once that is complete I can start going to the gym at lunch again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, I am so excited for you.

Well, I''ve been celebrating my B-Day for 3 days now. D''oh! Not bad having 3 birthday dinners - food wise tho - that''s bad. Friday night we had supper with friends and played cards. Yesterday the in-laws took us out for supper and today my sister and BIL took us to lunch. We had popcorn tonight and watched a movie.

My birthday present ended up being an iPod Touch. I love it.
30.gif
What a great toy. I''ve been spending far too much time on it.

Today was gorgeous so I went and walked around the lake (twice) in one of our parks.

Laters! I am off to
24.gif

35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results