shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago proposal help!!!

diamondnewguy

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Thanks in advance for any advice. I will be taking a brief trip to Chicago in the coming weeks for a conference, and my girlfriend will be joining me. I have thought a while about how to propose, but feel Chicago would be a great place. However, I''m not sure what would be the best choice, given so many options. I have thought about a boat trip, but feel they may be too crowded. However, if anyone knows the cheapest way to get a private boat ride (e.g., doesn''t have to be a yacht), then I''d love to get more information. Any other ideas in Chicago would be great too.

Thanks,
DNG

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
A friend of mine proposed at the top of the ferris wheel on navy pier.

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/12/2010 10:19:32 PM
Author: Shadowplay
A friend of mine proposed at the top of the ferris wheel on navy pier.

I would second that. I was just there this past weekend, it''s private as you''re in your own little compartment, and it would be beautiful and memorable!

jaeisber

Rough_Rock
Where abouts are you staying? I live downtown and have a couple places in mind for when I propose.

Navy Pier is always a good one, but depending on when you are going to be here, it can be incredibly busy with different festivals going on.

Also, if you know where Adler Planetarium is, there is a beach and somewhat of an island out there as well. It is out by the Museum campus. If you go on down past the beach on Northerly Island, there are some secluded areas on the lake where it is completely private.

Also, all the way around the planetarium there is a grassy hill. You could always go on the back side, however people tend to jog and ride bikes in this area, so it will not be too personal.

Buckingham fountain at night is a good place too. Depending on when you come, you could be out there by yourself (sparing a few others) with the fountain lit up and the city in the back.

You could also do the top of the Sears tower or in the Signature room at the top of the Hancock (but both are likely to be busy).

Anywhere in Grant Park would be nice as well. Lots of green and some gardens spread throughout.

Im not sure about more north (lincoln park, wrigleyville, etc) but I am sure there are some nice places there as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results