Myers Briggs Personality Test

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
ISTJ
Heavy on the I and J
Sounds right to me

Mystra

Rough_Rock
I remember taking this in college. I had a friend who found it fascinating and I took various versions of the test. Generally I came back as an
ISTJ, occasionally I came back INTJ instead. I guess I was pretty much in the middle.

I haven''t thought about this in years but as I recall they were actually pretty accurate, or at the very least interesting and enlightening. Maybe I''ll have the boyfriend take it....
emwink.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
My INTJ makes 4 so far here (eta, make that 4 1/2 with Mystra)..., meaning either the proportional data is wrong on its frequency, or more likely, our participation on Pricescope is a significant determinant, oui?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2010 11:41:42 AM
Author: Regular Guy
My INTJ makes 4 so far here, meaning either the proportional data is wrong on its frequency, or more likely, our participation on Pricescope is a significant determinant, oui?

I think it would vary by forum. I can see a lot of scientist and analyst types in RT and a lot of social extroverts in BWW and LIW (you have to be a certain quotient of social to share such personal information on an online forum, IMO).

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
78 100% 12% 33%

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 5:37:11 AM
Author: yssie
I (67%)
S (1%)
T (50%)
J (22%)

Huh. Not really how I pegged myself. Wonder what that means?

ETA: I think I''m a different one at work, in social situations with people I like, in social situations with people I don''t know...
ETA: now I''m wondering which questions mean which letters
This is what I got too (different percentages though) and I don''t think it''s right. I think I''m more judgmental than 11%!
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
33 50 25 22

Not entirely accurate, but probably close. I am confrontational though.
9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
INFJ no shocker there.
41.gif

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
My ex-bf''s dad does corporate training in Myers Briggs and I did a workshop with him years ago. I came out ENTJ (which was what everybody expected), but ENFJ at work. Very strongly E, N and J though.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I find this test subjective to where you are in your life NOW.

I have been more than one ''type''. For instance, right now I''m no longer a *Judging* but a *Perceiving*. I''m *Thinking* instead of *Feeling*. I''ve been *Intuitive*, but now I''m *Sensing*.

The only constant is my Introversion.
9.gif

(Maybe I just hate to be pigeonholed. I''d rather believe I''m an enigma.
3.gif
)

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
ISFJ

eta: I guess that makes me a "protector". No real surprise there, I'm fiercly protective of the people (and pets) that I love.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 5:39:02 AM
Author: sunseeker101
MrsM, just for fun, I''d guess you to be INTP? I''m INFJ; Charmy, I guessed you to be INTJ before and Porridge I think the national character of Ireland is a toss-up between ENFP and INFJ. Anyway, interesting stuff! ETA, Yssie, I think you''re a textbook INTJ!

Interesting! I took the test linked above, which is slightly different from the one I did at law school. From what I recall, my result was completely different! I have to go an find it now, I''m really curious.

Today apparently, I am:

ENFJ

It says I''m a moderately expressed extrovert.
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My INTJ makes 4 so far here (eta, make that 4 1/2 with Mystra)..., meaning either the proportional data is wrong on its frequency, or more likely, our participation on Pricescope is a significant determinant, oui?

Since we INTJs are researchers, I think it makes sense that there is a disproportionate number on this site specifically. I'm betting that anyone who got INTJ got into pricescope simply for the info to begin with. (we probably stayed for the ideas)

eta-DH got ESFP. I found another site to find compatibility and it seems dead on. DH is the life of the party and I'm trying to keep him in check, but we balance each other nicely and supply what's missing for the other person.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 5:39:02 AM
Author: sunseeker101
Charmy, I guessed you to be INTJ before
Really? I am actually a very strong E. Weaker T / borderline F.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 12:35:28 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Since we INTJs are researchers, I think it makes sense that there is a disproportionate number on this site specifically. I'm betting that anyone who got INTJ got into pricescope simply for the info to begin with. (we probably stayed for the ideas)

eta-DH got ESFP. I found another site to find compatibility and it seems dead on. DH is the life of the party and I'm trying to keep him in check, but we balance each other nicely and supply what's missing for the other person.

Ha, you've just described myself and my relationship to a T. I'm a researcher/scientist by profession. DH hasn't tested, but knowing him, I'd guess from DH that he would be ESFP as well. We are very different, but extremely complimentary (in a good way).

Sometimes it seems silly to base so much of ourselves on a test like this; it reminds me of horoscopes, where some of the things said can apply to pretty much anyone. But some observations really are dead on, strengths and weaknesses included.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ISTP
89 1 62 56

20 years ago this test opened my eyes.
It helped me understand how people vary and that is the root cause of many conflicts.

It shattered the myth I held that people were right/wrong, better/worse etc., and most importantly: just because we are equal does not mean we are the same.
(Jung said something like that.)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It says I am an ISFJ

You are:
  • distinctively expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed sensing personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like I get a different result every time I take this test.

My current results:

INFP

Introverted 11%
iNtuitive 75%
Feeling 38%
Perceiving 44%

Idealist Portrait of the Healer (INFP)

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they''re anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow, and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don''t think I fit that description. I am definitely an introvert, though, in that I recharge by being by myself and not in a large group of people. I love to socialize, but I really love to be alone.

Kenny--Your comment about how this test opened your eyes reminded me of the book my book club will be reading in June. The woman who suggested it said that reading this book changed the way she looks at others, and it made her more accepting of differences. She said it changed her life.

Time Love Memory by Jonathan Weiner

ISFJ

Introverted 89
Sensing 12
Feeling 50
Judging 22

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
INFJ here. I like tests like that-they''re fun. I took a lot of them when I was taking classes at the community college years ago. I get a lot of idealist/healer results.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else amazed that, on this Social Networking Site, we have an inordinate number of Introverts?

Odd? Or not?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I took it again, and I STILL over-analyzed all the questions. I didn''t even get/understand a few of them, to be honest. But anyway, I was an ISTJ (Inspector). I agree with some of it but not everything. I know I''ve taken the MB test before but I can''t remember what the results were.

Here''s the summary of me, written by me
9.gif
: I am a rule follower. I make plans ahead of time. I like order (although sometimes you''d never know it with the clutter laying around). I analyze and research things constantly, and I always seek other people''s opinions and take suggestions before doing things. I like doing things the "right" way. I contradict myself sometimes. Sometimes I think one thing and I do things a certain way, and other times, I do something completely different. I don''t think I''m alone in that though. I reserve the right to change my mind. I love being social, hanging out with family and friends, and I always like to meet new people. I am also happy to hang out at home and watch movie marathons with my husband (who''s more of a homebody than me).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2010 4:33:03 PM
Author: Zoe
Okay, I took it again, and I STILL over-analyzed all the questions. I didn't even get/understand a few of them, to be honest.

I suspect it is more accurate when you just go with the first answer that comes to mind.
Go with your gut reaction.

Reread a question as many times as you have to but don't think about your answer too much.

If I thought about my answer too long I know I'd be answering how I think I am supposed to answer.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I am an ENTJ. Really clear on T and J, less clear on E and N.

I have taken this test four times. The first two, I got INTJ, the last two ENTJ, so I guess some time after joining the work force I became more extroverted and started drawing more energy from other people as opposed to solely from solitude.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tip, Kenny!

Mscushion -- that''s interesting that you''ve changed over time and you''ve gone from an I to an E.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 4:53:35 PM
Author: Zoe
Mscushion -- that''s interesting that you''ve changed over time and you''ve gone from an I to an E.
I know! Of course it''s possible that I was always in the middle and answered a couple of questions differently from one time to the next, and that changed my results. I do still draw a lot of energy from being by myself and love being alone. That''s why I am skeptical about the "E." That said, however, I can also see how entering the business world forced me to become more extroverted.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
INTJ. Have been for years.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
INTP/INTJ
I waffel back and forth between J-ness and P-ness depending on how busy my life is (I think I might naturaly be more of a J but I was raised by very strongly P parents).

You folks might enjoy these:

Prayers for Myers Briggs Types

ISTJ: Lord help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41.23 am e.s.t.

ISTP: God help me to consider people's feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

ESTP: God help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually NOT my fault.

ESTJ: God, help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask.

ISFJ: Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me to do it EXACTLY right.

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking).

ESFP: God help me to take things more seriously, especially parties and dancing.

ESFJ: God give me patience, and I mean right NOW.

INFJ: Lord help me not be a perfectionist. (did I spell that correctly?)

INFP: God, help me to finish everything I sta

ENFP: God,help me to keep my mind on one th-Look a bird-ing at a time.

ENFJ: God help me to do only what I can and trust you for the rest. Do you mind putting that in writing?

INTJ: Lord keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

INTP: Lord help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.

ENTP: Lord help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes.

ENTJ: Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.

Amen.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
hopedream~ lol Thanks for posting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results