shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.148 RB in BGD''s Grace setting - attempt 2

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is too gorgeous! Oh my goodness! I have probably been back to this thread half a dozen times and I keep forgetting to post and tell you how wonderful it is!
26.gif

And yes, we definitely need pics with the w-band!
11.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 9:45:59 PM
Author: crossmyfingers
Your ring is too gorgeous! Oh my goodness! I have probably been back to this thread half a dozen times and I keep forgetting to post and tell you how wonderful it is!
26.gif

And yes, we definitely need pics with the w-band!
11.gif

Thank you very much!!!

I am looking forward to seeing the wedding band too. Just a couple more days :).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 9:37:50 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Date: 5/24/2010 8:05:17 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Date: 5/24/2010 6:46:18 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

Thanks Laila619

So have had my setting for a couple days now and i am very happy with it. I tend to get a little DDS on the weekends with all the large stones on the forum, than I go to work, and get over it. My diamond really sparkles under the office lighting, and I get a real life prospective. The setting works great. I had no problems at work, gloves fit right over it as if there was no ring there. It did not catch onto anything. Sometimes it spins, and sometimes it does not. The ring does not feel like it is going to fall off, so I am going to keep it this size until I get my wedding band and can make a judgement.

I am the same way about DSS
2.gif
Gotta take a break and get back to reality sometimes. And I am glad to hear about the functionality of your setting! It is so important, because if you cannot wear your ring then how can you enjoy it?? It sounds like it will fit juuuust right when you add your wb. I can't wait to hear what you think of it! Tell you FI not to be a turkey
3.gif
and let you take a few pictures before the wedding.

It is very functional. Real life perspective is good. I was looking at the 1-2 ct thread when he brought the ring over, and of course my ring is on the smaller end of that thread. But where I live right now, any bigger would be showy.

I took out the measuring tape. It was a rough estimate, but the width of the shank appears to be just under 2 mm. Looks like 1.8-1.9 mm. I am totally fine with that. I would have never measured it except my FI insisted it was thinner than my last setting and I told him they were the same width and he told me they weren't.

Speaking of FI, I am not going to back down on this one. I will find a way to get pictures of that band. Hey, there is one poster looking for pics of the Grace with a wedding band....maybe I can claim I am doing good by using it for education. But serously, I havn't even seen the thing because Leon does not send pictures anymore. I will go nuts. I know he does not want that
11.gif
Yes, throw in a little hysteria and maybe it will help your case!
5.gif
ETAI bet Leon stopped sending pictures so he would not get maniacal calls from customers who hate their rings before they even see them
2.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I already convinced him tonight. No hysteria needed.

I explained to him I bought the ring based on photos only and made modifications, so basically I bought it sight unseen. I told him it would be unfair for me not to be allowed to see something I bought sight unseen. He said that was a very logical point and he would let me see it and try it on. I also talked him into having it for one photo shoot before the wedding.

It is a good thing, logic saved my FI from hysteria
9.gif

ETA: I am sure that is the reason, but I would be shocked if I hated this ring.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very logical! You must be a deamon in an argument. I might have just stomped my foot and said "Gimme!"
2.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker,

Congratulations on a beautiful ring, it looks so beautiful on your hand!

We have Cannon Rebel too and the tricks we found to make a ring shot without macro lens (they are so expensive!) are: 1) get as close as you can, 2)use tripod, 3) plenty of natural light, 4) high apature. 5) low iso, 6) manuel focusing. Enjoy both your ring and camera and CONGRATS!!

Zhu

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer - that was plan B
2.gif

Zhuzhu - Thanks so much. 1, 2, and 3 I have figured out. But I am still doing automatic settings (the close up setting) and auto focus so next time I will try all those suggestions. What I have been doing is taking the picture as close as it will let me take it in the highest image quality and than cropping it down. Hopefully I will be trying your tips at the end of the week.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love your new pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results