shape
carat
color
clarity

CNN Article??????

slg47

Ideal_Rock
did anyone see this article on CNN.com today? not sure how much stock I put in a study that measures Facebook activity...

hopefully all of your boyfriends will ignore it!

getting engaged makes women unhappy

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!

i think the vast majority of wedding planning is done by women though, and it can be very stressful.

either the guys need to pull their weight or a fabulous wedding planner is absolutely necessary if you insist on a perfect wedding with minimal stress (but it''ll cost ya!)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Considering that the article came from "The Frisky" which also features a piece today on Doggie Yoga, I don''t put too much stock in the study.
My facebook posts do not always equal my true feelings, and I often don''t post about feelings at all -->I''m sure this is true for many people.

Social network research is certainly interesting, thanks for posting the link slg47
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its not being engaged that causes women to be unhappy. Its waiting to be proposed to!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it is really too accurate. Planning a wedding is stressful so of course women are going to be a little negative sometimes but, it''s probably just that a person is more likely to vent when feeling frustrated than spend their time status updating on facebook when their feeling really happy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha because a facebook sample is a reliable base for any sort of statistical analyses
3.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 2:28:28 PM
Author: Grlsbestfrnd
I don''t think it is really too accurate. Planning a wedding is stressful so of course women are going to be a little negative sometimes but, it''s probably just that a person is more likely to vent when feeling frustrated than spend their time status updating on facebook when their feeling really happy.

This is pretty much true of anything and everything, especially on the internet. How many of us have a bad impression of a girlfriend''s SO because all we hear is her complaining about the stupid things he does?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2010 7:54:10 PM
Author: Galateia
Date: 5/22/2010 2:28:28 PM

Author: Grlsbestfrnd

This is pretty much true of anything and everything, especially on the internet. How many of us have a bad impression of a girlfriend''s SO because all we hear is her complaining about the stupid things he does?

And this is why I generally don''t post about my relationship on LIW. It is a lot easier to vent than it is to be one of those happy people, even if 95% of the time you''re happy. And I would hate for anyone here to get the wrong impression because of the 5%, which I think is often the case in these here parts.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
As a married woman, I can say without a shadow of a doubt I was much happier before the proposal and after the wedding than during the engagement period. Planning a wedding was so stressful that I would be amazed if any of my status updates from that period were happy after the anouncement of the engagement. I even made it fairly low key, the process is something I will never repeat for anything.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I think it totally depends on the woman- if wedding planning is stressful for you, then the engagement PERIOD may not make you happy. However, I think that most women are happy that they GOT engaged.

Also- I think a lot of women like to pretend-b*tch on their status updates (to evoke comments & attention). I admit- I''ve done it before. It''s boring to see a status that says, "Life is beautiful, wonderful, and I am the happiest women in the world!" ... just my observation... and an explanation for why "tracking statuses" may be misleading...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results