shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my BGD Forever CADs

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you know I got my forever BGD last month. I was going to wait a bit to set it but DH gave me the go ahead now!! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!

So here are the Forever CADs!

Please let me know what you think. All opinions are welcome.

forevercadBGD.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
If you have claw prongs then I think it is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So excited to see how this turns out
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Bella!

Yup they will be claw prongs. I guess I should also say that the ring shank will be 2mm in platinum and each of the diamonds in the head are about 0.005 I believe.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kt, that looks beautiful. I love the two rows of tiny pave in the head. It''s the surprise inside. It will be perfect, and I am a sucker for claw prongs! What''s your ETA?

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Looks really amazing! How exciting!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 11:43:10 AM
Author: luv2sparkle
Kt, that looks beautiful. I love the two rows of tiny pave in the head. It's the surprise inside. It will be perfect, and I am a sucker for claw prongs! What's your ETA?
Thanks luv2sparkle. It is actually just one row of micropave. Instead of just a plain metal support bar I wanted a bit of bling. I still wanted to keep it a solitaire though. I can't wait to see the finished piece. CADs never seem to do the final piece justice.

Does anyone think I should consider double claw prongs instead?

ETA: I believe about 10 days from final CAD approval.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 12:32:23 PM
Author: btrflygrl23
Looks really amazing! How exciting!
Thanks!!
36.gif
I can''t wait!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful!! Congratulations
9.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
KT, it''s GORGEOUS and I LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And the diamond is KILLER, too. Woo Hoo, congratulations!

The *ONLY* thing I feel a bit compelled to mention is this: are you sure that you are gonna be OK with a setting you may not be comfortable putting in the ultrasonic? I LOVE the look of the micropave around the head, but might it keep you from feeling like your center stone is reeeeally, SQUEEEEAKY clean?

That was the problem with my fishtail pave setting... it actually was starting to cause me to feel dissatisfied with my CENTER STONE, and that was wrong and just plain dangerous!
2.gif
But the fact was that it was just plain DIRTY (had developed a stubborn film over the pavilion that even RICH could hardly remove) and that was affecting performance. Once it got un-set, cleaned, and re-set into the new Grace setting... voila! The beautiful diamond I remembered!!!

I know LOTS of people are THRILLED with their pave e-rings, so maybe it''s just me that''s terminally OCD
37.gif
... but I just felt like I wouldn''t be doing my PS duty if I didn''t at least MENTION it!

So, please, KT, feel VERY free to ignore this whole post!!!
2.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
It looks great!: )

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Kt, I would consider double claw prongs I can envision them and I think it would look delish!

I''m so happy for you this stone is a stunner and the setting looks like it is going to highlight that beauty all the more! Plus it is HUGE!
21.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Kt it looks gorgeous but i''m bias because my setting is very similar.
9.gif

hrmmm, Lynn i never had that problem with my pave basket. i do however find that lint gets stuck easily in there.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kt, am I crazy, but it does look like there are two rows of pave? I think double claw prongs would be fabulous! They are my favorite! I know Lynn loves her ultrasonic, and I have one and love it too, but
I have been dropping my rings in a GemCare solution every nite and using a little toothbrush and then drying them with my hair dryer and it has been working great! Something to try if you are worried about
the pave.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I get it, the little green balls are the prongs and the dark blue in between are the stone. I guess because they stand out so much more I thought they were the stones. No matter, it is still gorgeous!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Yssie & Maevie.

Milly, it is quite similar to yours. I want just the micropave though without the metal that yours has on the top and bottom of the stones...does that make sense? Now that you are upgrading are you going to get a different setting?

I think I am going to go with single claw prongs. I think the double with be too busy and take away from the little diamonds.

Date: 5/14/2010 5:30:41 PM
Author: Lynn B
KT, it''s GORGEOUS and I LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And the diamond is KILLER, too. Woo Hoo, congratulations!

The *ONLY* thing I feel a bit compelled to mention is this: are you sure that you are gonna be OK with a setting you may not be comfortable putting in the ultrasonic? I LOVE the look of the micropave around the head, but might it keep you from feeling like your center stone is reeeeally, SQUEEEEAKY clean?

That was the problem with my fishtail pave setting... it actually was starting to cause me to feel dissatisfied with my CENTER STONE, and that was wrong and just plain dangerous!
2.gif
But the fact was that it was just plain DIRTY (had developed a stubborn film over the pavilion that even RICH could hardly remove) and that was affecting performance. Once it got un-set, cleaned, and re-set into the new Grace setting... voila! The beautiful diamond I remembered!!!

I know LOTS of people are THRILLED with their pave e-rings, so maybe it''s just me that''s terminally OCD
37.gif
... but I just felt like I wouldn''t be doing my PS duty if I didn''t at least MENTION it!

So, please, KT, feel VERY free to ignore this whole post!!!
2.gif
Lynn, Thanks so much for the advice. I have a few pave rings already and I put them in my US evertime I clean them. I plan on doing the same with this one as well. I hope to never lose a stone but if I do I am sure Brian and Lesley will fix it for me as quickly as they can.The head of the ring is very similar to your "grace". How do you feel that is working out for you? Do you think it is easier to clean on a daily basis? I have a 6 prong tiffany now and can''t clean the pavillion great cause it sits so low.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they''re perfect as is!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Its gorgeous!!
30.gif
I love that the bar has pave on it..it just gives it that touch of bling. I wish I would have thought about that on my Grace setting. It actually reminds me of the grace..and you will absolutely adore the 4 prongs for cleaning..its so easy to get the little brush and clean the pav. I also love the slight arms.. it looks fabulous!
Just curious, what is the width of the shank? and the height?

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Any updates on the ring KT?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
KT, will you be wearing a wedding band with this, it does not look like anything will sit flush? I really love the ring though.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it - love the claw prongs but definitely wouldn''t do double claw prongs.

I think it will be stunning - so glad you were able to get this before you thought you would!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 11:07:58 PM
Author: wsblue430
Its gorgeous!!
30.gif
I love that the bar has pave on it..it just gives it that touch of bling. I wish I would have thought about that on my Grace setting. It actually reminds me of the grace..and you will absolutely adore the 4 prongs for cleaning..its so easy to get the little brush and clean the pav. I also love the slight arms.. it looks fabulous!
Just curious, what is the width of the shank? and the height?
Thanks wsblue430! The shank is very similar to the grace. I love the idea of a bit of bling but still keeping the solitaire look. No real update yet but I am hoping to have it on my hand late next week. The width of the shank will be about 1.9-2.0mm when it is polished. I am not sure about the height but I will find out for you.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Laila and Missgotrocks!

Date: 5/19/2010 9:25:01 AM
Author: lknvrb4
KT, will you be wearing a wedding band with this, it does not look like anything will sit flush? I really love the ring though.
I do plan on wearing a wedding band with this. I have quite a few different bands that I will wear with it. A couple of bezel bands, a dome pave band, a scattered band and a shared prong band. I love to change up my bands so that was a big push for me to not have diamonds on the shank and just in the head.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful for sure but claw prong.... hicccchhhhh! Not for me...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results