shape
carat
color
clarity

Ten Gunmen Pull Off $800G Diamond Heist

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040715_2115.html

I''ve gotta wonder, your diamonds come in plain wrapped cars? No lexan windows? No armor plating? No run-flat tires?

I''m just glad they lived... it aint'' worth your life afterall.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
This was not an isolated incident. The news was reporting the other night about South American gangs who set up surveillance on some of these merchants, follow them and then have well organized robberies. Chances are that they were in a large group that tailed them all the way from NY waiting for the green light to move in and rob them. I'm glad that they decided not to commit murder as well. The only thing priceless in that car were the two men driving it.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is unfortunately an ongoing threat in the industry.

Used to be only in the East and West coasts.

Now is spreading throughout the Midwest and even to my area in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

The gangs are very professional and patient and will follow and stalk their victims for days.

I have even heard stories of gangs watching NY airports to see which city the salespeople are going to.

Fewer and fewer sales reps are carrying the large and obvious bags or cases anymore.

While the gangs are not averse to violence and will use it in a heartbeat,
the gangs are very professional with regard to keeping violence to a minimum or last resort.

I have heard from more than one salesperson say that the reason the police are not giving the problem more attention is because the gangs very seldom kill the victims.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
This is indeed very unfortunate for people trying to make a living to have to endure such risk.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results