shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures?

kaquinn

Rough_Rock
Recently introduced to the concept of lab-grown diamonds, but I do not see many pictures of people''s jewelry or rings on this forum...is there a thread of photos so I can see what they look like "in real life"?

luckylux

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of my synthetic pink diamond sides for my 3 stone ring. They are ~0.23-0.24cts each.

IMG_2259.cropJPG.JPG

SLCDJ

Rough_Rock
Call it my civil duty or the boy scout in me or whatever...But, these Sitara gems on the link provided are not diamonds. These are a simulant which should be discussed somewhere else outside of this forum. Those on this forum trying to find accurate information about lab-created diamonds have come to a good place. Try not to get confused with diamond simulants and true lab-created diamonds, they are different in many ways. One, among many, is the hardness. The Sitaragems state their hardness to be a 9.1 on the hardness scale. True lab-created diamonds (D.NEA, Gemesis and others referenced throughout this forum) test at a 10 on the hardness scale. While it appears close, a 10 on the hardness scale is exponentially harder than a 9.1 See graph of Moh''s/Vickers here--> http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/Fundamentals/HardnessTrends29IL.pdf)

Amongst other things a Sitaragem states a price of $225/carat for a D,E color IF,VVS1. There will never be a diamond of this quality--natural or lab-grown--for this cheap! A lab-created diamond of such quality would command a much, much higher price than that. The cost to cut that same lab-created diamond alone would more than likely be more than the $225 total.

There is a place for diamond simulants in the world, however the place to discuss them is not in a forum of true diamonds. The properties of lab-grown diamonds are detailed quite accurately throughout this MMD forum and sites such as D.NEA diamonds or Gemesis have excellent information.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results