shape
carat
color
clarity

Just back from the Gem Lab (NGI)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! I just came back from Nanyang Gemological Institute (one of the 2 recognized gem labs in Singapore). I had decided to get a report for my Rubellite before its set. At the same time, the gemologist is kind enough to take a look at some of the other stone I have on hand. If you gals still remembers the blue spinel cab I bought from ebay? It is proven as a synthetic blue spinel. This dendritic agate is fully natural. And I was told that the color of my spinel is also known as a flame spinel, its inclusions reaffirms its Burma origin (I am glad to hear that). Anyway, just to keep you gals update! TIA

DSC07881.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
rubellite report

Photo0420ru.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ebay synthetic blue spinel cab

Photo0423.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
red-orange spinel

Photo0381.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
That''s great you got the rubbleite certed. And nice they looked at the others. No real surprise there about the ebay spineless. I love that agate!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Good thing about the certs! Too bad there aren''t worse repercussions regarding ebay liars...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Who was the ebay stone purchased from?

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
The clean cut ring makes the red/orange pops... Fabulous color. What is a Dendritic Agate? You mean that the picture is form by nature?!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks to the replies! Charmypoo-its from home_gemstone. Agnes-yes, Dendritic Agate, fully natural, fern-like markings known as dendrites. These dendrites are iron or manganese inclusions, usually brown or black in color. Though they appear organic due to their fern-like structure, they are actually inorganic; they are formed at fine fracture surfaces through crystallization of weathered solutions of neighboring rock. Hope it helps! I like the spinel it is really like a fireball :) but honestly, this setting is a little too simple for my liking.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
It's great that you've got a gem report (though the lab could have taken a better pic of your beautiful rubellite...).

The red/orange spinel ring looks really lovely on you.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2010 9:39:31 PM
Author: chictomato
ebay synthetic blue spinel cab

Well, doesn''t surprise me that it''s synthetic, since you rarely find blue spinel that saturated in color, and that size. Sorry. I hope you didn''t pay too much for it.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks virgoruby! I will probably list this 18k white gold setting to sell, as I find it too simple. Do you think I should? to maybe change it into a halo setting?
Hi TL it cost me $16. I was skeptical at the point of purchase, just wanna see what will be delivered to me:) you can read it in this Link , anyway I have my full refund including shipping immediately.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s great that you are getting your gems checked out; sorry about the blue spinel cabochon as the colour is one of those “too good to be true” ones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results