shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Diamond is a better buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rmoore116

Rough_Rock
I posted a couple of diamonds for your opinions yesterday and one of them was bought before I was able to purchase it, regardless, thanks for the input. I am now looking at the following two princess cut diamonds that are very similar but have vastly different prices, any opinions on what is the best buy?

GIA, 2.01, E, VS 2, 6.81 x 6.81 x 4.92, 72.2 depth, 70 table, no cutlet, excellent polish, very good symmetry, no fluroescence, premium cut - Price $17,413

GIA, 2.01, F, VS 2, 6.77 x 6.73 x 5.01, 74.4 depth, 72 table, no cutlet, excellent polish, very good symmetry, no fluroescence, premium cut - Price $15,630

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
The price jump doesn't seem all that out of line. F to E in this weight and clarity make for part of this and the better spread for the first adds to it. 70s tables and depth likely mean that the emphasis was on weight not cut for these stones. Have a look and let your eyes be the judge, or better yet find a PS vendor whose eyes you trust.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results