shape
carat
color
clarity

Prettyjewelry2u DISAPPOINTMENT

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi gals, if you follow my previous thread for setting my Rubellite, you should remember that I had customize a ring mount from prettyjewelry2u and thought that Jackson was a nice guy to work with. He had just received the returned ring today. He admitted that its his fault to have not notice that its is a cut-cornered cushion (although I had brought it up a few times and had even sent him the photos of the actual Rubellite). Hence, he had made it to fit a standard emerald cut, that explain the BIG opening!

And here is the disappointing part. He had promised to re-do another piece at the same cost as a replacement (I was thinking , what a responsible seller) But now that the ring is returned, he sent me this email

"I am considering making the new ring for you.Frankly speaking.I earned little money at last ring.Now it was returned,I lost money.I am so sorry for such situation happened.I fould the reason why the ring didn't fit your stone.Because I made it regular emeral cut without the stone on hand.And your stone was some kind of cushion cut. I am facing two aspsects of difficulty.For one thing,I don't know the exactly size of your stone.I worry that it will fail to make it perfectly fit your stone again this time,which will deeply hurt your sense of trust to me.For the other thing,I will lose money even if I make a new ring for you.My cost will be higher because the diamonds I used on the returned ring were full cut diamonds,not single cut.Also,the gold price recently gets higher and higher.And I have to pay for the workmanship for the ring.
I am sorry to say that I have to charge additional USD50 for this ring.I will not earn any money even from that,just because I don't want to let you down."

AND here is my reply

"I would like you to know that the measurements I had provided you was correct and I had send you the photo of my stone, you could have been able to tell that it is cut-cornered, not to mention that I had also brought it up to you a few times.

This mistake is not on my part and I will appreciate if you can keep to the same quality work at the cost as agreed before."

Do you gals think that I should consider the 50 top up? Frankly, it is not the amount that matters, but it is more about trust and credibility. In the last email, he mentioned that he will consider and get back to me. I did expressed my disappointment and requested that he replies by tonight (well, he might never reply!) Anyway, the cost of the ring has been refunded. I think I will probably leave him a negative feedback if he does not bother to reply tonight.

What would you do in my shoes:)? Thanks in advance gals!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I would have said what you did in your reply - if it is true and you gave him the measurements and photos of the stone, it is his muck-up and you shouldn''t have to pay.

However, if he doesn''t reply or insists you pay the $50 or nothing, I would only leave a neutral Not a negative - I do not believe this situation is deserving of a negative imho.

Sorry you are being mucked around - it does sound like he is a genuine and pretty nice guy by ebay standards, perhaps some communication breakdown is to blame?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2010 7:23:11 AM
Author: arjunajane
I would have said what you did in your reply - if it is true and you gave him the measurements and photos of the stone, it is his muck-up and you shouldn''t have to pay.

However, if he doesn''t reply or insists you pay the $50 or nothing, I would only leave a neutral Not a negative - I do not believe this situation is deserving of a negative imho.

Sorry you are being mucked around - it does sound like he is a genuine and pretty nice guy by ebay standards, perhaps some communication breakdown is to blame?
I agree with AJ; you provided him with enough information and he either didn’t understand you or just plain missed it somehow. He seems to want to make things right though so I would not leave a negative feedback, but a neutral one seems fair to both parties.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your troubles chic, I know how wrenching it is to have custom pieces not turn out the way you''d hoped. I agree with AJ though about not leaving negative feedback, even though it was his oversight, because he did refund your money on the first setting.

Did you send him any dimensions of your stone other than length and width? If he offers to remake the setting, I would also measure diagonally, across the cut corners. If I were a jeweler, making a setting for a cut-corner cushion would be the most difficult, because regular stone dimensions measure only the fattest part of the stone, not where the prongs should go. This doesn''t mean I would send him your stone, however, but I''d offer to take any other measurements he might need.

I hope it works out for you - keep us posted!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks to all the replies! Indeed, they do not deserve a negative:) they are good communicator and not to mention the speedy refund. I will keep you guys posted of the latest outcome. I guess I was just feeling a little awful when I first read the email from him!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there, Jackson has replied. After consideration, he has decided to make a new one for me as agreed:) I will be sending more detailed measurement to him. Hope that all turns out well this time round! I shall keep you guys posted.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Great news about the new setting - I''m keeping my fingers crossed that this one will be perfect!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope he makes it right this time. Keep us posted. It''s always good to have other setting vendors!

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Good to hear that he''s doing the right thing. Since the mistake was on his part, he should have just taken the hit. Monetary issues are irrelevant once an agreement''s been reached. I''ve taken a few hits myself over the years and just write them off as learning experiance.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Chic

I''m glad this has worked out. I would have said "no" to the negative feedback as well because he does genuinely seem to be helping. The problem with email communications (especially when people don''t speak the same language) is that we think we''ve been clear but it may not have been received like that. This has happened to me as well and it''s so disappointing. Fingers crossed it all works out with the new setting!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Whew... I''m glad it worked out for you!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like its getting worked out
36.gif
I wouldn''t neg only because the vendor is continuing to work out a solution with you.

I''ve only neg''ed a vendor twice in my time at ebay. I tend to leave neutrals if there''s at least good parts of the sale and the seller isn''t being a dingleberry.

-A

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad he is going to work on making it right for you.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like he is a decent and reasonable seller, glad it is getting worked out and can''t wait to see the finished product
5.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks to all the input! I will definitely keep you gals posted! Jackson said that they will begin the customization today. Will take 4-5 days to complete:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results