shape
carat
color
clarity

Why can this sapphire be called Padparadscha?

henrietta

Rough_Rock
One of the ovals is the sapphire on the cert above.In the previous pic,It seemed to be set on a ring. That's not a formal ring, just a device to show it.
I guess the beautiful heart-shaped belongs to the vendor herself.

20091129_33142c1abdad5ac3038cXyaJEndF1Km2.jpg

henrietta

Rough_Rock
These are even huge ones coming this time with the pad.

tyu.JPG

henrietta

Rough_Rock
They have brought some most wonderful sapphries from Ceylon.These ones are much more valueble.So I can not doubt whether the pad is just a spinel or some other heavily-treated sapphire.
emsmilep.gif

ereadf.JPG

henrietta

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 12:35:05 PM
Author: crasru
I have no clue what it is, but can it be a spinel? I saw several spinels of exactly the same color.

Henrietta, the tourmaline in your avatar is truly beautiful!
Thank you. The tourmaline is from ebay
emotion-19.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s something VERY strange about the Report with the Ruby. The Ruby is described as "vivid red". Now, I don''t know what others are seeing but (a) it really doesn''t look vivd at all in the photos and (b) I''m surprised it would be described as such on the report.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you can give more information on these stones, Henrietta. In the first photo, the stone looks less elongated than in the second. On the certificate, the looks much prettier. Are you considering purchase of the stone? Can you ask for more photos?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are considering any of the sapphires, I would need to see the treatment on the cert before buying. They all seem identical in color, which is kind of odd.

henrietta

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 9:47:50 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
There''s something VERY strange about the Report with the Ruby. The Ruby is described as ''vivid red''. Now, I don''t know what others are seeing but (a) it really doesn''t look vivd at all in the photos and (b) I''m surprised it would be described as such on the report.
hi,LovingDiamonds, I don''t know much whether vivid red means a very high color degree for ruby? Maybe GRS has a lower standard than you think? I agree the ruby is not one of the most vivid I have seen in pics. But also maybe the light is not proper for ruby.

henrietta

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 10:04:37 AM
Author: Pink Tower
I hope you can give more information on these stones, Henrietta. In the first photo, the stone looks less elongated than in the second. On the certificate, the looks much prettier. Are you considering purchase of the stone? Can you ask for more photos?
I'm not going to buy any of them. Yes, the pic on pad's cert is a little bit unreal in color I think, it's too vivid, maybe taken in strong light. If the stone is truly like the pic on the cert, it must be a ruby.
emsmile.gif

henrietta

Rough_Rock
To tourmaline lover:
I surely will not buy them. Some of them will never be affordable for me I think.And if someone is going to , he will certainly observe them again and again.
emotion-5.gif

I'm posting these pics to just to assure everyone the vendor is trustful. I must believe that's a true sapphire which GRS called it pad. Although I don't think it's truely orangish-pink.
It's a indication to me that maybe the defination of pad is not mainly color but some other chemical standard. For example , it must contain some certain elements to show certain color,etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results