shape
carat
color
clarity

Couple questions on proposing

Jericho574

Rough_Rock
Proposing tonight (still can''t believe it lol) but needed some last minute advice.

1) Typically the one doing the proposing will say a few romantic words with the question immediately following. We''ll both be standing...do you think the romantic words should be said face to face, with me THEN getting down and asking?

OR

Should the words and the question all come from down on one knee?

2) If it plays out as planned she will have her back to me, then when she turns around I plan to say the romantic words and propose. Should I already be down on one knee when she turns around or should I wait until she turns around and gets to watch me kneel down?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do what feels right at the moment. The most important part is that you are sincere.

I think there is something special and wonderful about being face to face, but I''ve always been a romantic and down on one knee is that once-in-a-lifetime experience.

If you she turns around and you say your romantic words face to face, you''ll be standing when she turns around and then go to one knee.

If you decide to be on one knee for all of it, either way would be good. As soon as she sees you on one knee, she''ll know what is coming...

After that last sentence, I''m thinking you want to say your loving/romantic words standing with her (looking into her eyes) and then go onto one knee. -- My thinking here is that once you go onto one knee, she may not hear a word of what you say (crying happy tears or really excited that IT''S HAPPENING!)

Good luck and be sure to come back to let everyone know the good news!
35.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
YAY best of luck!
I say that you should say the romantic words, then get down on one knee to pop the question.

Hey- at least you''re saying some kind words. My hubby just sort of handed me a dog with a ring on the collar and made me figure it out before I made him ask so I knew it was really happening. (he isn''t much for romance or words).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes i agree, say whatever you want to say, then get down on one knee and pull out the ring box :) :)

good luck!!! you will have to post pictures

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results