shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help ID ...Mexican Fire Opal? Garnet?

ohjodi

Rough_Rock
Hello......I''m wondering what you all think of this gorgeous pendant my BF bought me for my birthday from a pawn shop. Could these be Mexican Fire Opals? Garnets? Any guess at the value? The setting is 10k. The stones almost glow...kind of an "inner light". I don''t believe this is costume jewelry at all. The marquis stones seem nicely faceted.

Thanks for your help!

Jodi

1 front.JPG

ohjodi

Rough_Rock

2 back.JPG

ohjodi

Rough_Rock

3 side.JPG

ohjodi

Rough_Rock

4 light.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
possible mexican fire opal but stones are too uniform.
definitely not garnet.
possibly glass, synthetic, or another material.
10k is not an indicator that these are real stones and 10k is used for a lot of "costume" jewelry.
only way to know what it is is to have a gemologist check it out.

face6.gif
BUT I LIKE IT!
face6.gif
personally, i find nothing wrong with costume jewelry [and i do believe this piece is costume jewelry] but i think it is very very very very lovely. your BF has a good eye.

mz

ps i've been known to be wrong. if you get it checked out by a gemologist and i am wrong, please make sure to rub my face in all that lovely orangeness!
face6.gif
if i were given the piece, i'd have it made into a pin! i have vest it would look great on.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If we''d know those are natural stones (which we can''t without any tests), faceted ones sure look like fire opal, but that cabochon to me looks like it could be carnelian. Of course, to know for sure you''ve got to have it checked by a gemologist.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s an interesting pendant! Nice color. If you find out what it is let us know. TFS!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results