shape
carat
color
clarity

7mm peridot with 5.6mm moonstones?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
maybe i''m on the outer, but chic i quite like the three together in the photo you showed..definitely uncommon but not in a bad way! With a creative setter it could def. be pretty - i''d probably choose a bezel 3 stone in sterling, a modern style with a wider band..

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
It looks as if I''m in the minority here but I like the moonstone cab and peridot combo! The moonstones appear a little big but I think it could be pulled off with the right setting.
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like those vintage settings, very cool. But I''m personally stuck on the very first setting idea posted. First considered by stepcutgirl. The oval set with prongs and the sidestones bezeled. Maybe your stones could work like this if the moonstones were set lower than the peridot?

Would like to see them like that!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2010 10:57:37 AM
Author: chictomato
Hi Thresh, LD and oddoneout-Thanks for the replies! I am quite skeptical all along, but well, its only 16 dollar, I was thinking of trying it out:) Let''s see what the seller will do when its proven to be a synthetic, I will keep you guys inform for sure! Personally, I feel that the size and shape of the peridot and moonstones go well together. But the moonstone has this dreamy blue sheen, whereas the peridot looks crisp and bright, I am not too sure if this is the look i am after?
I think the proportions work together also.

You''re pondering how the two materials go together but think of a similar combo - opal and diamond. These two are often put together and work well.

What look are you going for? When you put the three stones on your hand can you imagine having them in a ring?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
THANKS YOU SO MUCH GALS! I am overwhelm by all the suggestions! (in a good way
2.gif
)

tks ma re! I like vintage too:)

My initial thought was to set the peridot and moonstones into a 3-stone ring, but now I am thinking of setting the moonstone with a pear (blue spinel/sapphire), into earrings. what do you think?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/3/2010 11:48:07 AM
Author: movie zombie
what if you take some of those by-pass settings and do something creative with putting the peridot in the center or to the side? the contrast between the cabs and the faceting isn''t attractive, imo, in the horizontal setting you posted; however, set sort neither horizontal nor vertical across your finger might look rather striking.

mz

Hi mz! That''s a nice idea
5.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
What about something like this? Found this one on Julia Kay Taylor''s etsy page.

jkt-ring-idea.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/4/2010 10:00:06 AM
Author: brandy_z28
What about something like this? Found this one on Julia Kay Taylor''s etsy page.
Hi Brandy! tks for the pict ref! The proportion is very similar to mine:) I shall go into etsy site now:)

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/2/2010 10:57:37 AM
Hi Thresh, LD and oddoneout-Thanks for the replies! I am quite skeptical all along, but well, its only 16 dollar, I was thinking of trying it out:) Let''s see what the seller will do when its proven to be a synthetic, I will keep you guys inform for sure! Personally, I feel that the size and shape of the peridot and moonstones go well together. But the moonstone has this dreamy blue sheen, whereas the peridot looks crisp and bright, I am not too sure if this is the look i am after?

Following up amethystguy ''crap thread'' here is another one.

I received the ebay spinel cab yesterday and just by the look and feel of it it is certainly not a spinel, just to be certain I double check with a local jeweler and they affirm my thoughts. hence I sent an email to the seller asking if he needs me to obtain a report at 20 usd at his expense or does he prefer to provide me with a full refund of
$24.99 (including shipping) upfront? the seller apologized and requested me to send the stone back to them so they can claim from their supplier. I got my full refund immediately.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there I came across this trio on etsy and thought its kinda interesting, what do you think?:) maybe I can have the peridot on one side and the 2 moonstones on the other?

etd: wow its really tiny, anyway its a split shank on the 2 stone side and there is a gap (no metal) in the middle

trio123.jpg

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a great idea.

Do you have a link to the seller''s etsy site (cos I can hardly see the pic...)?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I really like the moonstone / pear spinel earrings idea with maybe an open halo of alternating moonstones and diamonds around the spinel en tremblant

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 5:28:34 AM
Hi there I came across this trio on etsy and thought its kinda interesting, what do you think?:) maybe I can have the peridot on one side and the 2 moonstones on the other?

etd: wow its really tiny, anyway its a split shank on the 2 stone side and there is a gap (no metal) in the middle
it would look better than the original 3-stones in a row design you were originally considering [it was too stark].

i''m wondering about a more elaborate bezel for the peridot, perhaps sitting in a bezel that''s sort of a leaf?

i''m thinking some extra metal between it and the moonstones would help unite the differences between stones. its not just that its cabs with a faceted stone: its also the colors.

this 2 moonstones to the right and the peridot to the left design gives you a lot more room to be creative....and with a bit of creativity, it just might work.

however, at the end of the day, its you that the ring has to please!

i know you''ve been exploring earring designs but i think you''re coming back to a ring design because deep down that''s what you really want?

mz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results