shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you Zumba?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Or do any other dance-based aerobics class??? If so, what shoes do you wear???

I am taking a class at my gym called DanceSport Endurance, which is basically an hour-long mashup of all different kinds of ballroom and latin dances. I love it, and have an excellent time and burn TONS of calories, but my current sneakers are just not cutting it. I can''t pivot or turn like I want to, and I''m worried one of these days, my foot is gonna stay where it is and my knee is gonna wrench and that''ll be the end of it.

So, I''m looking for shoe recommendations for dance that have good arch support (I have fallen arches from college marching band) and, preferably, a sole that will allow me to pivot freely. If you have one that you wear and love, let''s hear about it! Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t done Zumba-but there''s a class near my new job so I may check it out then:)

I used to dance though, and they make special sneakers for hip-hop etc that have a section of the sole that allows for spins, etc.

Here''s a link (sorry you''ll have to cut and paste, my mac doesn''t do clickable links on PS for some reason...

http://www.discountdance.com/frame_set.php3?mf=/dancewear/shoes/page1

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
I used to do Zumba (so fun)! I wore cross trainers and everything worked out.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I do not zumba, but I used to be an Irish step dancer. When we performed in parades, we couldn't wear traditional shoes because the asphalt would destroy them, so most of us wore dance sneakers. The are sneakers that have no sole in the middle so they are much more flexible. The no longer make the kind I used, but here is one just to show you what they look like: http://www.zappos.com/bloch-boost-drt-mesh-sneaker-black
I also have high arches and these are really good for it.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I don`t do it, but my sister has taken a class. I would love to try it out :)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I just started and frankly, not sure if I will continue.
I only wear socks. No way could I wear shoes!
Most of the women in the class wear only socks, the gym area we use
is carpeted in a very low pile carpet.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love Zumba and have done it for over 2 years now...I am moving on towards a more hip hop style dance class but I wear thin walking shoes. I actually prefer to do it barefoot because you can move better...but the moves can wear on your ankles. Some of the girls in the class wear sneakers but not as thick as cross trainers or your basic workout shoes...basically anything with a thinner sole will let you move more.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2010 10:03:30 PM
Author: bebe
I just started and frankly, not sure if I will continue.

I only wear socks. No way could I wear shoes!

Most of the women in the class wear only socks, the gym area we use

is carpeted in a very low pile carpet.

do you mind sharing why you do not think you will continue?

Amanda Stetson

Rough_Rock
I do Zumba from home i love it i can finally wear name brand clothes for the first time
in my life that i can wear apt nine clothes zumba rocks and more important it works for
me
36.gif

Amanda Stetson

Rough_Rock

to brazen_irish_hussy

35.gif

cool you were an irish step dancer now that is something i would love to learn i love river dance

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I wear Ryka''s

blackrykajazz.jpg

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I did my first zumba class today after seening it advertised in the paper and i wore a sneaker type shoe (not a running shoe) more like a street sneaker you would wear with jeans, the sole was quite flexible and i found them easy to move around in.

I did notice other people in proper gym sneakers getting stuck on the hall floor.. they couldn''t quite glide and slide as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results