shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother/son dance songs

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I''m at a complete loss here. I''m trying to find a song for FI and his mum to dance to. Not something typical though. So far, my contenders are:

Lean on Me
You Are My Sunshine (Johnny Cash)
Unforgettable (Nat King Cole)

I don''t know, I like those songs, but they aren''t really giving me the warm fuzzy feeling that I want.

What are your choices? Please help!

beltane

Shiny_Rock
My son (he''s 19 now) and I already know what our Mother/Son song will be. It will be the one I always sang to him: "I knew I loved you before I met you... I think I dreamed you into life..." by Savage Garden. I always sang it to him. As a mother, we carry our babies in our tummy and still haven''t even really ''met'' yet, and yet we love our babies so profoundly. I know that song was probably meant to be romantic, but for me it is the ULTIMATE mother/child song. It gets me crying whenever I hear it on the radio while I''m driving. LOL!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
My FI and his mom are doing Lynard Skynard "Simple Man" - the lyrics are perfect, the tempo is upbeat enough so FMIL doesn''t break down in tears, and the song goes with the overall summery, laid-back feel of our wedding day.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I think FI and his mom are dancing to Landslide by Fleetwood Mac (although they may do the Smashing Pumpkins version).

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a reason why you are choosing the song for your FI and his Mom to dance to? Can you give that job to them? Perhaps his mom has a song she''d like to dance to with him (like Beltane has had a song in mind for years). If his Mom doesn''t have any suggestions, I would give the job of picking a song to your FI. It''s his dance with his Mom- he should find a meaningful song to play during that moment with her. Don''t let him off the hook on this!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Havernell- They are both up in the air as well. Neither of them really care about what they dance to, and neither of them are really that into music, so they just don''t know what to do. I, on the other hand, LOVE music, and enjoy digging through it to find the perfect songs. I just wanted to see what other people were using.

Ladypirate- I love that song! I thought about using that one as well!

Laughwithme- perfect song! I really like that song, and at a wedding we went to recently, the bride and groom used it as their first dance song!

Beltane- Such a sweet story!

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
I love ''teach your children well'' by Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results