shape
carat
color
clarity

Please HELP 3.02 Carat Emerald Cut

vacilie

Rough_Rock

Hi I came across this diamond on 47th St, the deal seems to be too good, please advice. The Diamonds is an emerald cut measure 8.00 X 7.22 X 5.38 mm , 3.02 carat, G color, IF Clarity, Depth is 74.5 , Table is 68%, Girdle is Very thick to extremely thick, Cutlet is None. Polish is VG, Symmetry is VG, and Fluorescence is Medium Blue.I have been trying to compare it to other rings with the same attributes but I can seem to find anything close. Can someone please advice regarding the proportions and finish and what you think this ring should be worth, To me this deal for the price that I am getting it for seems to good, Please advise. Thank You

vacilie

Rough_Rock
sorry it is also GIA CERTIFIED

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, Vacilie - I''m afraid I don''t know much about emerald cuts, but the stone you''re describing sounds like a beaut. I''d recommend that you ask the mods to move this thread to Rocky Talk - you''ll get better info. from the resident cut nuts. BTW, how much is the stone going for? It''s easier to have a number for comparison than it is to try to pull one out of the air ... so much depends on the tiny variables.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
my first thought (without knowing the price) is that weight is being lost somewhere. For example my 2.75ct emerald cut is 9mm x 7mm. Please move this into the appropriate forum and you''ll get more responses.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's because the proportions aren't any good. I'm totally an amateur but I think depth should be approx 65-70 and table should be 58-64. At least those are the parameters I set when browsing for stones based on Karl's advice I may or may not have retained correctly from some time ago. It's too deep, table is too big. Does it look good to your eye? That is what matters.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

If you repost this in RockyTalk (another forum here on PS) you''ll likely get more responses.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results