shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful rainbows and yucky weather

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wish I was a good photographer who always carried my camera with me.

I have a Brasilian houseguest with me this week as part of a Rotary Group Study Exchange.

Last night as I was preparing the house for a BBQ this evening for about 60 of my nearest and dearest friends I walked from the back of the house to the front on my way to the garage to grab a case of wine and bring it up.

OH

MY

GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few rays of bright sunlight burst through the clouds and lit up the side of the trees and the yellow brick side of the school gymnasium just down hill from us.

There was a complete bright rainbow going from the ground to the ground so bright it dazzled the eyes and a secondary "shadow" rainbow that was so pale by comparrison, yet still beautiful.

I yelled for my wife and our guest and we spent a couple of minutes gawking at the rainbow as if we had never seen such a thing. Well actually, I don''t think I have ever seen such a spectacular rainbow in my life.

When I finally got my breath back I rushed into the house for my camera and came back to take a photo, but the clouds again closed and it was over. Sigh.

I know this thread is worthless without photos, but sadly, there are not any photos. Nature can rival a great gem, but no one can tell her how to cut a rainbow, we just have to hope we are fortunate enough to enjoy it when she does!

Wink

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2010 10:20:53 AM
Author:Wink
I wish I was a good photographer who always carried my camera with me.

I have a Brasilian houseguest with me this week as part of a Rotary Group Study Exchange.

Last night as I was preparing the house for a BBQ this evening for about 60 of my nearest and dearest friends I walked from the back of the house to the front on my way to the garage to grab a case of wine and bring it up.

OH

MY

GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few rays of bright sunlight burst through the clouds and lit up the side of the trees and the yellow brick side of the school gymnasium just down hill from us.

There was a complete bright rainbow going from the ground to the ground so bright it dazzled the eyes and a secondary ''shadow'' rainbow that was so pale by comparrison, yet still beautiful.

I yelled for my wife and our guest and we spent a couple of minutes gawking at the rainbow as if we had never seen such a thing. Well actually, I don''t think I have ever seen such a spectacular rainbow in my life.

When I finally got my breath back I rushed into the house for my camera and came back to take a photo, but the clouds again closed and it was over. Sigh.

I know this thread is worthless without photos, but sadly, there are not any photos. Nature can rival a great gem, but no one can tell her how to cut a rainbow, we just have to hope we are fortunate enough to enjoy it when she does!

Wink
Such romance
1.gif

My family went to niagara falls last winter - beautiful rainbows in yucky weather indeed!

NIAGARARAINBOW99099.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice picture!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Great story, Wink. I''ve only seen a full rainbow a couple times in my life. (and I''m pretty old)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that''s a great story Wink - I always find rainbows kind of magical :)

great photo yssie - Niagara is so neat! :)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Great photos, yssie and Wink! Rainbows and diamonds go together very well, I think!

P.S. My dad was in Rotary, and their chapter hosted a business/trade group from Pakistan (this was back in the 1960s).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results