shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me expand my horizon, other setting possibilities?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So, I am going setting shopping at BGD in a few days.

I am about to send Leon the work order for a 2.2 mm version of this wedding band (no milgrain) Leon 101. I am getting full circle!!!! Motivation for me not to gain weight????
23.gif

I have a 1.15 ct 6.7mm round brilliant and am a size 6 finger. I want a timeless ring that looks proportional to my hand, but not to flashy.

Are there any options other than a solitaire that would look good with the wedding band of my dreams without looking to blingy? I know most of you are going to think I am crazy because after all, you can never have too many diamonds....but what can I say? If you were to get a solitaire with that wedding band, which one would you get?

I just want to consider all my options and make sure I am not boxing myself in. I would love to hear what ideas people come up with.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you looking for? Do you like clean lines, or something more romantic? Leon has a new one I like, and Erica Grace has two new ones. Modern or Romantic?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 10:08:19 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
What are you looking for? Do you like clean lines, or something more romantic? Leon has a new one I like, and Erica Grace has two new ones. Modern or Romantic?

classic/modern

Not so modern that it would be considered abstract art, but I am a fan of clean lines.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love that wedding band. What type of settings are you drawn to?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2010 10:37:51 PM
Author: Maevie
I love that wedding band. What type of settings are you drawn to?

Thanks....mailing the work order tomorrow, so nervous, but so excited....

I really like simple ones, it is just I have not found a perfect one

Leon''s solitaire - I am not sure if my diamond would look good with it, and I am worried the low profile would make it look smaller. I mentioned wearing my band with an e-ring to him...that did not go so well....so I can''t really discuss with him.

BGD Grace - beautiful, but I am concerned I would compare it to Leon''s - same issue with low profile (and would it look as good with a raised profile?). I am going to see the Grace in person, than wait for my wedding band to come in to see Leon''s work in person.

BGD Tiffany - Top choice, but need better pics of the profile - it has to look as good as the original or else I will compare. Also, I want a decent profile view of my diamond that is not completely covered.

Sholdt prong setting - LOVE them, but the open profile view might not work for my lifestyle. I am not sure how secure the diamond is

3 stone ring/pair side stones - concerned it might be too much bling, exp with a bead set band

solitaire with pave shank - concerned that a pave e-ring and wedding band might overpower my stone

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I think this setting is modern, simple, but very unique. The band might be a little bit thin for you, but I thought it was worth a look. Good luck!

http://www.michaelcfina.com/engagement-wedding-rings/engagement-rings/michael-b-platinum-diamond-prong-ring-MB1-4P-120-DPT.html

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Last one.. I''m sure you''ve already seen it, but if I could have 2 rings I''d chose a Michael B lace..
30.gif

CrownLaceRing-CloseUp.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the bands of the michael b lace (my wband is based on that) but am not a fan of the heads. Also, the diamonds may scratch up your wedding band....

If you are wearing a spacer, or opposite hands, or like a gap, I''d get the grace or the BGD tiffany or grace with diamonds in the band similar to the lace
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If not, the Sophie by Erice Grace is GORGEOUS and I think it''s my new face setting, but that might be too antique feeling for you...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Michael Bondanza at pearlman''s? I love his Madison. They will send it out to you for a minimal fee and you can try it on. I love it. I went more romantic, but this one still calls me! Wish I could have
2 interchangeable with the same stone!

58DD11.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you set on a thinner shank? I too love micheal Bondanza.

The first things that poppwed into my mind were very thin delicate tapered bullets on the side, it is a timeless and elegant look. Like this: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=484

Also pear sides. Are you near a Tiffany? You can try their three stone on. I really do *not* think it will be too blingly. Pears do not sparkle the way that rounds do, not deas bead set pave like your wb. It would be a blingier look than a plain set, but by no means over the top.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 1:38:22 AM
Author: PavePrincess
I think this setting is modern, simple, but very unique. The band might be a little bit thin for you, but I thought it was worth a look. Good luck!

http://www.michaelcfina.com/engagement-wedding-rings/engagement-rings/michael-b-platinum-diamond-prong-ring-MB1-4P-120-DPT.html

That is pretty, but I am not sure diamonds in the head would work. The head is the area that gets hit the most at work. And little babies will often just grab my diamond and the prongs and hold on. It is really cute :)

I will have to take a look at the Michael B lace ring again when I have a minute - I remember seeing that one a long time ago and thinking it was pretty

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 8:33:22 AM
Author: Bella_mezzo
I love the bands of the michael b lace (my wband is based on that) but am not a fan of the heads. Also, the diamonds may scratch up your wedding band....

If you are wearing a spacer, or opposite hands, or like a gap, I''d get the grace or the BGD tiffany or grace with diamonds in the band similar to the lace
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If not, the Sophie by Erice Grace is GORGEOUS and I think it''s my new face setting, but that might be too antique feeling for you...

Those are really good ideas. I LOVE the Tiffany/Grace with diamonds in the band idea. I am going to keep that in mind. This is why I started this thread, I would have never thought of that on my own!

I will have to get a better profile view of the sophie setting

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 9:59:28 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Date: 4/27/2010 8:33:22 AM
Author: Bella_mezzo

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Those are really good ideas. I LOVE the Tiffany/Grace with diamonds in the band idea. I am going to keep that in mind. This is why I started this thread, I would have never thought of that on my own!

I will have to get a better profile view of the sophie setting
Very nice idea!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
I have the BGD Grace and while I love it, its very plain. I would prefer with your stone the tiffany setting with slight modifications OR i agree with the grace with diamonds in the band, now that would look beautiful! Decisions, decisions.. How exciting!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Uhhh....2 hours of BM drama....back to rings :)

Those are both pretty. I think the sholdt is to exposed for what I want. The Caroline is an option I have considered. I need to find some better profile views. All the versions I have seen are pretty high, but that pic it looks lower....also, I would have to find out if I could get it without diamonds in the head.

ETA - this is in response to E.B.'s post, I forgot to quote it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 9:56:46 AM
Author: dreamer_d
Are you set on a thinner shank? I too love micheal Bondanza.

The first things that poppwed into my mind were very thin delicate tapered bullets on the side, it is a timeless and elegant look. Like this: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=484

Also pear sides. Are you near a Tiffany? You can try their three stone on. I really do *not* think it will be too blingly. Pears do not sparkle the way that rounds do, not deas bead set pave like your wb. It would be a blingier look than a plain set, but by no means over the top.

I am not near a Tiffany, but my FI is and I go to see him every 2-3 weeks. I am actually going to get his w-band from there. He always thought he was going to propose with Tiffany''s ring, and I talked him out of it!!!! I will try to see if I can try on that ring when I am there again. The pears and the baguettes are a nice idea, and one I will think about as well. Maybe if BGD has pair side stones laying around I will have them put it next to my diamond
31.gif

I want to make sure I am happy with my ring. I have a beautiful diamond and my FI is so proud of picking it out. It would crush him if I got DDS.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 11:15:24 PM
Author: wsblue430
I have the BGD Grace and while I love it, its very plain. I would prefer with your stone the tiffany setting with slight modifications OR i agree with the grace with diamonds in the band, now that would look beautiful! Decisions, decisions.. How exciting!

For your stone, a basic setting is perfect. I think we got engaged at the same time. My FI may have seen your stone. He mentioned some there were some nice 2+ct stones. What kind of modifications for the Tiffany setting were you thinking about?

Grace with diamonds in the band.....still loving that idea too.

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
have you seen the novela without pave? i think it looks gorgeous! i love the fact that it''s so open from the sides and the diamond is fully visable.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 5:36:20 PM
Author: DiamondCat
have you seen the novela without pave? i think it looks gorgeous! i love the fact that it''s so open from the sides and the diamond is fully visable.

No I have not!!! That is so funny, I actually suggested that idea to another poster a little while ago.

I am going to take a look at that setting when I go to Houston. I always liked that head, but my FI is not crazy about it, I can''t figure out why?

suzannea

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I hope I don;t sound like an Eyore- but many people experience finger swelling during pregnancy and even after losing the weight- there fingers (and shoes!) never go back.. I sincerely hope this doesn''t happen to you but I just wanted to add that sometimes even if you are careful and keep your weight in check- things can happen that will casue you to need your ring resized- also old age can cause knuckle swelling and arthritis.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, if you go full eternity then I suggest going up by half a size to make sure it will always fit. Or else just accept that you could need to buy a new wb one day!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 11:35:15 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Yes, if you go full eternity then I suggest going up by half a size to make sure it will always fit. Or else just accept that you could need to buy a new wb one day!

Work order sent yesterday. The ring is actually very reasonably priced. I went up 1/4 size on some stacking rings I bought a year ago and they are way too big on me, so I just got my size for this one. A size 6 is a comfortable size for me, sometimes too big in the winter. My rings usually spin but don''t come off.

Dreamer, I actually did a search on the issue and re-read your old threads, they were helpful in weighing the pros'' and cons. Neither choice was perfect. A lot of people complained about spinning and the metal facing up with the 3/4 ring, and there were the sizing issues with the full circle. Leon seems to favor the full circle, which I think influenced my decision...but than again, Leon does not always think about what is practical.

In the end, me and my FI both love the look of the full circle. I have warned him that if my finger size does change, I will have to get a new wedding band. This wedding band costs less than we were ready to pay, so I think we can both deal with that. I would probably recycle the diamonds in that band and make something else. If I regret this choice, I will let everyone know.

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
you are sooo lucky that you get to see the settings in person! deciding on a setting is like the hardest thing ever for me. my poor SO has a huge list so far and i''ve also added the novela without pave lol. it''s hard for me to picture what they would look like in real life since everything on my screen is so huge. it makes a big difference being able to see them in real life. please report back on your findings lol. are you set on buying from BGD? i just discovered a ritani solitaire setting that i really quite like. just thougt i''d share it with you
26.gif

ritani tulip solitaire

i like how the diamond is open from the sides like the novela but this one has a pretty tulip leaf pattern to make it a bit more interesting

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 8:25:21 AM
Author: DiamondCat
you are sooo lucky that you get to see the settings in person! deciding on a setting is like the hardest thing ever for me. my poor SO has a huge list so far and i''ve also added the novela without pave lol. it''s hard for me to picture what they would look like in real life since everything on my screen is so huge. it makes a big difference being able to see them in real life. please report back on your findings lol. are you set on buying from BGD? i just discovered a ritani solitaire setting that i really quite like. just thougt i''d share it with you
26.gif

ritani tulip solitaire

i like how the diamond is open from the sides like the novela but this one has a pretty tulip leaf pattern to make it a bit more interesting

Thanks. I am excited about my visit. I will report back what I think, I doubt I will take pics though. That ritani is pretty. But I would like to work with BGD if I can find the right setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results