shape
carat
color
clarity

4 ct. untreated parti (blue-yellow) sapphire opinion needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oliver

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,
This is a picture (taken in natural light) of a 4 carat untreated, flawless, parti (blue-yellow) sapphire from the Anakie gemfields in Australia.
I got it while I was mining there for 6 months.
Any opinion on the value for this kind of stone?
I will try to post a better picture as well.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Oliver

Holiday2005 003.jpg

oliver

Rough_Rock
hy guys
here is another picture of the stone
thanks oliver

Holiday2005 058.jpg

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
Hi Oliver

Wow, that''s a big stone to be completely flawless and uncooked out of Queensland, Well Done!
Did you cut it yourself?
It''s impossible to be accurate with a price with a photo alone but as an indication we would probably sell that type for around the $350-$500 AUD per carat, depending of course just how it looks in real life. There should of course be a 30-40% premium on top of that price for being completely natural. We havn''t actually seen this premium in the Australian market, most consumers dont seem to have much interest whether it''s been heated or not. This seems a different story in USA and Europe.

Do you still live in Queensland? If so, we have used a valuer near Brisbane to value our cut sapphire - he is very familiar with Queensland sapphire and you can see his contact details here.

cheers
Andrew Lane

oliver

Rough_Rock
Thanks Andrew,
No I didn''t cut the stone, and I am right now in New Zealand.
Thanks for your help.
I have been traveling the world for many years, and go fossicking where ever I am and cut and polish(no faceting).
While I was in the Anakie fields I found as well 2 star sapphire that displayed a 12 ray star.
Any opinion on those? One is a black 12-ray star the other a 12-ray star with 6 silver and 6 bronze legs.
Thanks,
Oliver

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
Hi Oliver

Sorry I dont have any experiance in star sapphire hopefully someone else may help.

Cheers Andrew Lane

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results