shape
carat
color
clarity

Got side stone pics for my setting! What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
After many many hours of looking through Leon''s web site and price scope threads, I finally decided on the setting for my AVC! I got quotes for r864 and r506. I called Leon after receiving the confirmation that they got my diamond to discuss the settings. He said both settings will be beautiful for my stone....one is modern and the other is more traditional. So I asked what he would do to set my stone, and he told me he got the set of tapered french cut stones he ordered a few months ago and those will look spectacular with my stone. At first I felt uneasy because I wanted the pave setting, but the setting he recommended (but never pushed)has channel setting. He said both settings I was considering will be pretty if that''s what I want but if I go with what he is suggesting it''ll be one of a kind unique ring..........so that did it LOL. After talking to him a few more times, I decided to have pave on the head, so I can get the pave fix! Here are some pics he sent me to show how the tapered french cut will look like...and I think they look gorgeous!

Now the hardest part..........waiting game is on. Hopefully I''ll get my new pretty ring at the end of May.....

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Here is one....

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
another one.....

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 1:37:04 PM
Author:wintotty
After many many hours of looking through Leon''s web site and price scope threads, I finally decided on the setting for my AVC! I got quotes for r864 and r506. I called Leon after receiving the confirmation that they got my diamond to discuss the settings. He said both settings will be beautiful for my stone....one is modern and the other is more traditional. So I asked what he would do to set my stone, and he told me he got the set of tapered french cut stones he ordered a few months ago and those will look spectacular with my stone. At first I felt uneasy because I wanted the pave setting, but the setting he recommended (but never pushed)has channel setting. He said both settings I was considering will be pretty if that''s what I want but if I go with what he is suggesting it''ll be one of a kind unique ring..........so that did it LOL. After talking to him a few more times, I decided to have pave on the head, so I can get the pave fix! Here are some pics he sent me to show how the tapered french cut will look like...and I think they look gorgeous!

Now the hardest part..........waiting game is on. Hopefully I''ll get my new pretty ring at the end of May.....
So which setting did you decide on? I love the r506....
30.gif
that is one of my favorites!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
I decided on the setting with side stones, like pics attached. French cut tapered diamonds will be set as "channel", and will have pave in gallery and prong.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The proportions of the sidestones to the main are gorgeous - your ring is going to be a STUNNER!!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
hubba hubba! Gorgeous! What''s the size of your AVC again?

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I''m drooling over here!! While the settings you linked to are gorgeous, this is going to be a STUNNER!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
^ center stone is 3.13carats D VS2, it has a strong blue fluor

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Daaaaang, gurl! This is gonna be an absolute beauty. I'm beyond happy for you. Those tapered french cut that are gonna lay next to your center stone are unlike any I've personally ever seen. Exquisite. One of a kind.

Hey, know what? In a little way, our rings are gonna be like cousins! And they're gonna have almost the same birthdays!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

my ring layout good size.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is what my ring wants to be when she grows up
2.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That will be a beautiful ring! I love the tapered stone look! Can''t wait to see the finished project!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those french cuts are stunning!!!!! I know that will be a beautiful ring!

Missydebby yours looks like it will be awesome too. I cannot wait to see both of yours when they are completed.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s going to be amazing when finished!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, I''m sure the ring will look pretty.....it''s LM after all! What made me feel good about going with this setting is Leon himself were really excited about it. He said my stone and side stones he had are match made in heaven and he said it''ll be spectacular! I sure hope so!

missydebby, I was following your thread too since we both have a cushion and going with LM at the same time. I just love the fact that the french cut diamonds are very unique and unusual. It''s not something you see on everyone, you know? I''m sure your ring will look very pretty especially with 2mm shank. ( I LOVE the thin band!!) We will be doing a reveal thread at the same time!
36.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
oh my... it is going to be stunning!!!! Such beautiful stones and you center is to die for!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ADORE the look of tapered diamonds on the shank like that. Pure perfection in my book!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 3:05:49 PM
Author: wintotty
Thanks guys, I'm sure the ring will look pretty.....it's LM after all! What made me feel good about going with this setting is Leon himself were really excited about it. He said my stone and side stones he had are match made in heaven and he said it'll be spectacular! I sure hope so!

missydebby, I was following your thread too since we both have a cushion and going with LM at the same time. I just love the fact that the french cut diamonds are very unique and unusual. It's not something you see on everyone, you know? I'm sure your ring will look very pretty especially with 2mm shank. ( I LOVE the thin band!!) We will be doing a reveal thread at the same time!
36.gif

Yeeeeeeee!!!! Hey, are you planning on wearing a wedding band on the same finger?

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
^ Yes, actually just like you I''m planning on getting the antique calibre ring.
Leon quoted me for the matching eternity band using the french cut stones (2.5mm), but it is too wide for my liking and was like $6K. And I really like the thinness of the antique calibre ring! I might get 2 or 3 bands in the future and stuck them all....( I also like the french cut band from Singlestone)

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just checking out their thin eternity bands right now. Wow and double wow. For prices, do you have to email them?

UPDATE
I just called them to get an idea, and I have to say that Leon is charging us very fair prices on our French Cuts. I love the Singlestone rings, but I think the cut that Leon sourced is much nicer and meatier. I can't get over your ring. Those tapered stones. You won't be able to stop looking at your hand!

lmb2011

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh my gosh! I can''t wait to see the finished product. It''s going to be amazing!!!!!!!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
I E-mailed Singlestone, regarding their thin eternity french cut band.....and their price is quite expensive.
You are right, missydebby Leon is very reasonable with the pricing for our side stones. I am surely getting his Antique Calibre Ring now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is right! It is going to be gorgeous!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be a stunner for sure!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 2:12:53 PM
Author: yssie
The proportions of the sidestones to the main are gorgeous - your ring is going to be a STUNNER!!!

Ditto !
30.gif

blingtaitai

Rough_Rock
Congrats on both the stone (I had my eyes on that for the longest time. I''m glad that it went to another PSer), and the amazing LM setting. Those side-stones look outa this world. I love that your ring is going to have pave too.

Do you mind if I ask how much your paying for the setting? Ballpark is fine. If you don''t feel comfortable sharing, I''ll understand. I ask because I''ve had a few quotations from him and they''re all about $5-6 G and the settings I picked only had pave and not those gorgeous side-stones. I thought it was ''cos my stone is 3 carat, F VS2. But I see that your stone has even better specs. I thought he quoted the settings based on how expensive your stone is.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That setting is going to be gorgeous!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
bringtaitai, my setting is about $8K, the other setting (pave) I liked were roughly $5~7K so considering getting those side stones, I think it''s a fair price. I was quoted about $4.5K for the Tacori setting, which I thought is quite high for non-custom setting.

blingtaitai

Rough_Rock
Thks.

That sounds reasonable. One more question, d''ya know the total carat weight of the side-stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results