shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Question Please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
Based on these specs will it actually look true to its size??? To me it does not look as large as a 1.53 should

Here are the specs

8.30x5.55x3.92mm

1.53 carats

Depth 70.6
Table 72%
Girdle Thin To Medium
Cutlet None

Polish very good
Symmetry Good

Clarity VS1
Color F

GIA 10433106

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks decent to me... no wide girdle and 70% depth is not too much. Given the L/w proportions, the length would make it look substantial on the finger.

The surface of this stone seem to be about 95% of what a 1.5 cts round is expected to be (at about 7.5mm diameter, 60%depth, thin-med girdle and ideal proportions taken into account) - but most rectangular pieces would be even smaller than a round of the same weight. However, you can probably obtain a larger-looking EC keeping the specs at AGA 1A limits (LINK) and depth between 60% and 65% - much like rounds would have it.

For example, THIS piece would hvae the same face-up surface (I take that as "size") as a round of the same weight (and the specs above) and there are others a tad larger too.

However, the stone you have selected seem to be just right to me - with no size "problem". I would worry more about how it actually looks (proportions, symmetry, brilliance...)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results