shape
carat
color
clarity

Can u tell which is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

feidudu

Rough_Rock
I can not make decision so I just order both . Once I can see them ,my think is£º It is really hard to tell the color and clarity is no problem since it is eye clean . Both are AGS(0) but I have to say :J SI1 is more brilliant .
can you tell which is F vs1 and which is J SI1£¿
To find my right stone I have received so many suggestions from PS members .I really appreciate .I hope my choice can help someone like me
31.gif

IMG_7853.jpg

feidudu

Rough_Rock
this is more normal situation . they nearly no difference about color ?
36.gif

IMG_78451.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
is the J the one on the right (and later on the bottom)? I can sorta tell, but it''s not that obvious. It looks larger though.

feidudu

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 12:46:11 PM
Author: HappyNewLife
is the J the one on the right (and later on the bottom)? I can sorta tell, but it''s not that obvious. It looks larger though.
yes. HappyNewLife . you are right . Pictures are large and but when you see the real thing . they will not noticeable .

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, let''s be honest...Regardless of the pictures (which are never reliable when it comes to diamond color) if two diamonds are graded the right way and the one is an F color while the other is a J color, the difference between them is visible from miles away... Actually, i am certain that you don''t even need to put the one stone next to the other in order to notice. Even if the stones are observed individually, one can tell...
That being said, if you have seen both stones in person and you feel that the J stone looks better (which might very well be the case, if the cut of that stone is much better than the F stone) then go for the J one. What matters is not the grading report but what really pleases your eye...There are many people who prefer warmer colors anyway. But i suspect that they prefer them for what they really are, not because they think that a J stone can look like an F...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go with the one that '' speaks'' to you the most.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I like the big one
31.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 1:38:30 PM
Author: Lorelei
Go with the one that '' speaks'' to you the most.
Ditto!

But I also like the bigger one
12.gif

feidudu

Rough_Rock
I just choose the bigger one ,and do I get a ideascope picture ?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are the diamonds from James Allen? When you send it back to be set you cvan ask for an ideal scope.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 12:55:42 PM
Author: Naty H&A
Alright, let's be honest...Regardless of the pictures (which are never reliable when it comes to diamond color) if two diamonds are graded the right way and the one is an F color while the other is a J color, the difference between them is visible from miles away... Actually, i am certain that you don't even need to put the one stone next to the other in order to notice. Even if the stones are observed individually, one can tell...

Unless someone is ultra sensitive to color, I respectfully disagree with this statement. I've looked at stones in several B&Ms, and also at Whiteflash and Brian Gavin. When I was observing ideally cut diamonds, it was near impossible to distinguish between color looking at the diamonds face up. Differences in color were slightly more noticeable viewing the diamonds from the side. Color variations were most obvious looking at the diamonds face down, an angle that no one ever sees anyway. And this was all while viewing the stones within 6-12 inches. Unless you or someone else has eagle eyes, I doubt that someone can call out the color of your stone from across the room.

Also, my vote is for the J. I'm just not a huge fan of the D-E-F range. They look to "icey" and clear to me. I like the personality and color of the I-J-K range. But everyone is different and diamond selection is a very personal thing. So....like everyone said, go with the diamond that speaks to you. I recommend viewing the diamonds from at least those three angles.

Good luck!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assumed the F was the smaller one because it would cost more... why would you pick the J if you could afford the larger F? I could tell a slight dif in color but I would take the size over the color in this case and take the J.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 1:20:22 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I assumed the F was the smaller one because it would cost more... why would you pick the J if you could afford the larger F? I could tell a slight dif in color but I would take the size over the color in this case and take the J.

Ditto this.

I also don't think either is "better". It all depends on the personal preferences including preferences for colour, or one's standards for "mind clean" or "eye clean".

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2010 12:55:42 PM
Author: Naty H&A
Alright, let's be honest...Regardless of the pictures (which are never reliable when it comes to diamond color) if two diamonds are graded the right way and the one is an F color while the other is a J color, the difference between them is visible from miles away... Actually, i am certain that you don't even need to put the one stone next to the other in order to notice. Even if the stones are observed individually, one can tell...
That being said, if you have seen both stones in person and you feel that the J stone looks better (which might very well be the case, if the cut of that stone is much better than the F stone) then go for the J one. What matters is not the grading report but what really pleases your eye...There are many people who prefer warmer colors anyway. But i suspect that they prefer them for what they really are, not because they think that a J stone can look like an F...

I have chosen a larger J for my "forever ring", and I completely agree with your assessments.

Assuming the stones are bigger than say 0.4ct, a J will not look like an F or a G face up, from the side, upside down, in any other conformation. I do think that if you know what to look for (and this is a big if) you will see the tint in a J whether there's an F right next to it to compare to or not, whether it's in white, yellow, or pink metal. Dunno about miles away or across the room because by that distance all you're seeing is sparkle, not the diamond itself, but the tint is definitely not something that can be masked or hidden and you don't need to be terribly colour sensitive to see it.

I would prefer a higher colour, but my priorities were budget-cut-size-size-size so I sacrificed, and I'm really okay with the tint, but I'm not fooling anyone thinking my ideal J is going to look like a G
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results