shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band width for a 1.15 ct stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So for those of you who do not know, my diamond is in a temp setting, and while I am thinking solitaire, I am not 100% sure what I want. I do know what wedding band I want and am getting ready to contact Leon for a quote. I want a band like Whitby''s but thinner. I was initially thinking 2.2 mm, but the ring I tried on was a shared prong not a bead set.

What width do you think I could make the band without overpowering my stone? I want my stone to be the star in my wedding set.

IMG_2950s.JPG

LTFering2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 2.2mm band would set your centre off beautifully
1.gif

Would you consider shared prong instead of channel/bead set - to lose the extra metal width on the sides and keep the same size melee?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 8:15:27 PM
Author: yssie
I think a 2.2mm band would set your centre off beautifully
1.gif

Would you consider shared prong instead of channel/bead set - to lose the extra metal width on the sides and keep the same size melee?

I was considering that, but than Dreamer told me the story of her rings rubbing together and damaging the metal.

I will probably end up doing the 2.2mm, I just wanted to see what people thought :).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah - yes, there''s that
40.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 8:47:28 PM
Author: yssie
ah - yes, there''s that
40.gif

My FI said he will buy one setting and one wedding band, after that I am on my own.

I don''t want to replace my e-ring once I set it, I have too many colored stones that need homes
11.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think 2.2mm would look just fine - I prefer very delicate rings (today I''m wearing a single 1mm rose gold band), but it depends on your own personal preference

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2010 10:42:49 PM
Author: Maevie
I think 2.2mm would look just fine - I prefer very delicate rings (today I''m wearing a single 1mm rose gold band), but it depends on your own personal preference
I think 2.2mm would be perfect. It would be a great compliment to your ering.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would also vote 2 to 2.2mm.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My band is 2.3mm of diamonds and in all honesty, I think it detracts from my diamond, so I wear my plain band more and weare the diamond band for variety. I prefer the plain band! If the sentiment of wearing the ring you are married with matters to you, then I suggest getting a plain band too and using both for the ceremony, and then you can switch it up as you wish.

I think that my 2.3mm diamond band will suite a larger diamond better
11.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Maevie and Keleigh - thanks for your opinions, looks like I have a good consensus.

Dreamer - I have thought about that, but I can''t afford 2 wedding bands right now. My FI has already raised his eyebrows at the idea and repeated that I get one e-ring and one band from him
20.gif
. I would rather have a diamond band because I can see myself not wanting to wear my e-ring for certain things, although I do plan on wearing it frequently. The 2.2mm Tiffany shared prong I tried on and the Novo did not take away from my center stone, but the 3 mm sure did! So I am hoping a bead set band will look OK.

I am sure your 2.3 mm band will look perfect with a larger diamond
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Spoke with Leon this morning, he is just like everyone describes.

I asked him what width he thought would look best with my diamond and he said "Well that shouldn''t matter because you really should not wear my wedding band and your engagement ring together."

His quote is reasonable. I asked him if it was a full circle, and he was kind of shocked I would consider anything else (?). I like the look of the full circle, and my rings always spin. I just have to decide if I want to take the gamble on the sizing issue. My hands have never changes size, but I know they could change after pregnancy.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see the finished rings!!!! I think 2mm ould be perfect (but I am biased b/c my rings are 1.8-2mm:)

I love whitby''s ring, and I usually don''t like channel-type settings. but that ring...WOW....
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2010 12:06:43 AM
Author: Bella_mezzo
can''t wait to see the finished rings!!!! I think 2mm ould be perfect (but I am biased b/c my rings are 1.8-2mm:)

I love whitby''s ring, and I usually don''t like channel-type settings. but that ring...WOW....
30.gif

Thanks, I will have to do a search for your ring.

Just trying to figure out if I can live with the fact that the ring cannot be resized, and than I am going to ask for the work order.

At this point, I am leaning towards BGD for my e-ring, because Leon basically refused to discuss coordinating them together

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think around 2mm will be beautiful!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Linky to my ring

LtlFirecracker-here''s a link, you have to scroll down to get to my wband....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results