shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Diamond?? Seems to be a good deal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandonb

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!

I''ve read many posts about how Blue Nile is expensive compared to other vendors out there. Well, this seems to be a good deal compared to other vendors I have looked at (GOG, WF, DI, etc..)

GIA Certified
Carat weight: 1.60
Cut: Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 60.7%
Table %: 56%
Crown: 33.5'' or 14.1%
Pavil. 40.6'' or 42.5%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium yellow
Measurements: 7.54x7.62x4.60 mm

Price $9400

It got a .7 on the HCA. Anyone see any problems with this one?

Thanks,
-Brandon

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My only concern would be the medium yellow flourescence. Since yellow is generally the color of tinted stones, yellow flourescence is generally undesirable. Blue flourescence can actually make a slightly yellow stone appear whiter, but yellow flourescence, if noticeable, might detract from the look of your stone and make it look like less than an H.

brandonb

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh...I didn't notice this. That's why it's probably pretty cheap given that everything else on it measures up well.

Thanks,
-Brandon

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, what phoenixgirl said...

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/29/2004 1:55:27 PM brandonb wrote:

I've read many posts about how Blue Nile is expensive compared to other vendors out there. Well, this seems to be a good deal compared to other vendors I have looked at (GOG, WF, DI, etc..)

----------------

Hi, Brandon: On the surface, your statement (above in red) may appear to be true, but it's because you aren't comparing apples to apples.....you're comparing apples to oranges. True, both are fruits, but they don't taste the same at all.

The stones you see at the vendors you mentioned (WF, GOG, DI) are usually AGS 0 stones.....meaning they have not only ideal proportions but mostly ideal polish and symmetry, too. The stone above has only good/good. Also, as someone pointed out, yellow fluor is highly undesirable in stones, and there is a significant demerit in price to reflect that.

I'd also point out that this combination of crown/pavilion angle isn't the best.....both are on the shallow side, which will tend to result in a diamond that doesn't have a great deal of fire (colored light). It will favor brilliance (white light) instead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results