shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant or Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yaro

Rough_Rock
Suppose I were to compare 2 stones of the same carat, color, clarity and cut quality. If the only difference is the type of cut (round - brilliant vs. square - princess), which would have the best "bling" factor (i.e. shine)?

Thanks.
AY

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
The round cut.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The standard answer is... the round!

There are not 100 ways to obtain evidence though - the only two brilliance gaiging tools that would place princess and rounds on the same scale are the Ideal Scope (by any other name) and the Gem Adviser - which does this in a more spectacular manner.
read.gif

Also, you can find a comparison between the Jubilee and princess HERE. The JB is suposed to match rounds for brilliance, so you can extend the conclusion to ideal cut rounds, I suppose.

Hope this helps...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think that if you're not "into" princess stones, than yes, you may be disappointed with a princess v. a round. However, if you love the look of a princess, than the round is not for you!
1.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I agree w/ MMM. People usually prefer one or the other, b/c they are so different. I LOVE Princess cuts, but I just wish there were more of a cut quality standard to them.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
RB, if you're only considering "bling."

JC

Shiny_Rock
The round cut.......Although, if you saw my wife's princess cut than I would say the princess. Good luck...

appl.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
its really preference to what you like..but for pure bling factor, you cant beat a well cut round! although i have seen some princess cuts that are awsome..so ya, personal prefernce..
1.gif
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My answer is RB because it's what I've been told, but my princess is so spectacular it doesn't seem to perform worse than the RB's my friends have in any way (although it may be in part due to the fact that my stone is larger).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results